THAMES WATERdamaged my driveway

End 2011 I decided to switch to a water meter to save money. Thames said they couldn't put the meter on the pavement, it would need to be on my drive. I signed paperwork saying they would reinstate the concrete area where they'd fit the meter. Imagine my surprise when i came home from work one night in December 2011 to find they'd used black tar on my concrete drive! It looks like a dog's dinner.

I wrote a complaint and then in January 2012 received 2 letters on the same day from 2 different people in the same dept. Each quoted a different ref number. One said the tar reinstatement was just temporary and it would be replaced with concrete. The other said it was permanent and it was a mistake and it would 'hopefully be rectified within 3 months.' I also had a phone call quoting a 3rd ref number. Bloody clowns!

I have written back and asked for a more coherent response and answers to questions in my first letter, like: WHEN WILL YOU REPAIR THE DAMAGE, GENIUSES? Our contract says CONCRETE not TARMAC.

If you're considering a water meter, watch out- they could deface your driveway and devalue your property in 1 easy step too!

damaged my driveway