Teeth celeb help.comFraudulent

I ordered Celebrity White Teeth from a website for the cost of only shipping and handling . The next thing I know my credit card was charged $149.95. I am furious. I cannot afford this kind of money as I am on disability. This is a SCAM!!! Do not order this. I am going to contact my credit card company in the morning, but I am reluctant . Tamara Kiernan

• Te
    Teeth CelebHelp Mar 02, 2010

This is robbing poor people which have no money to live . I will be contacting the better business bureau.

• Ri
    Richard Gatley, Ph.D. Apr 20, 2010

This is a good example of how our government works to protect business, however unscrupulous it may be, as long as that business utilizes fine print to accomplish the fleecing of citizens.

When I complained to Teethcelebcs.com that I had been charged $149.95 on my credit card and later $12.95 when I had received no services or products, they advised me that the terms or conditions specified that if I did not cancel within 14 days they would charge me $149.95 for "membership." When I asked what services they were supposed to provide for that "membership, " the representative refused to answer, returning again to their line about the fine print. When I disputed these charges with my credit card company, I was told by their representative (in India) that they would be unsuccessful in disputing the $149.95 charge because the fine print made things legal. I did get my $12.95 back, however, because no products had been sent to me.

An expensive lesson: read the fine print.

Richard Gatley, Ph.D.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices