Southern Foods CorporationStore Closing Sale - something else for me to watch out for!

I seriously doubt this situation is "news" to most people, but it did shock me! Tarrant, AL is a very small town, and I'm only aware of two grocery stores in the city. One is Southern Foods, and it is closing.

They were having a Store Closing Sale, with everything 40 to 50% discounted. Okay, not happy they're closing, but might be a good chance to get some good deals.

Well, nice sale. They have cereal "on sale" for $3.58. Its normal price is at least that price, if not less. They have a canned food item "on sale" for $1.69 that under normal circumstances costs less than a dollar. Looking for a deal on bread? Not gonna happen, as that's a daily delivery item, apparently, and so they didn't have any delivered, as they are closing, and thus, no 1/2 price bread. Which may actually be a blessing in disguise, I suppose!

Anyway, they must have spent all of last night running around, increasing prices to double their normal value, then "discounting" said prices.

No, I'm sure this is NOT a new scam, but it was one I haven't encountered before, and thought at first that I must be mistaken, that the cereal price WAS $3.58, but it is 40-50% off, at the cash register. Nope.

So, now, something else for me to watch out for!! I won't get excited when I see such discounts advertised due to a store closing again!