The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Soleus International Inc. - El Monte, CAConsumers beware - Don't buy Soleus!

Soleus International Inc. 9451 Telstar Avenue El Monte CA

The company I work for originally purchased a Soleus A/C unit roughly 13 months ago. The original unit quit working roughly 10 months after purchase. It was under warranty.

Soleus replaced the unit and the replacement unit started malfunctioning in 3 months. I again contacted Soleus advising them of the problem. Unfortunately, the Soleus warranty is only good on the Purchased Unit - not the new unit that was sent to replace the original warranted malfunctioning unit. The replacement unit was new, not used salvaged or refurbished. Soleus will not budge on this policy. No where in their warranty do they say they do not warranty a new replacement unit. I was told I could take it to Sears to have it looked at and repaired. This charge would be out of my pocket.

Consumers Beware - Don't buy Soleus because if the replacement unit dies you as a consumer are stuck I just cannot believe that a company would not stand behind a unit that has been in operation for roughly 3 months. The original unit only made 10 moths. This raises a question about the overall quality of the units at lest from my standpoint.

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.