Software Media ExpressFraudlent activities

A

These people are selling unauthorized (ie: illeagle bootleg) versions of Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2011. I should have know better by the cheap price they were offering the software, $720 as opposed to $1, 200. The software came in a package that looked legitimate; however, upon installation I tried to follow the standard procedure in the program, which did not work. I contacted Autodesk to ask for the authorization code, who informed me that I was attempting to install an unauthorized product. I contacted SoftwareMediaExpress.com, whom indicated that I needed to let them access my computer through the Internet to register the software, which didn’t sound right to me. Thus, I contacted Autodesk further who stated that SoftwareMediaExpress is not an authorized reseller and that they had not received any payment for the Serial Number I was attempting to install. Autodesk said that allowing SoftwareMediaExpress to access my computer through the Internet was not something they would recommend. Software Media Express did finally refund my money after much time spent haggling with them, and threatening to dispute the charges on my MasterCard. Do not be duped. Do not buy anything from Software Media Express. Only buy AutoCAD from an authorized Autodesk reseller.

• So
    Software Sally Oct 02, 2012

We here at Softwaremedia.com understand the frustration. Last year we had a few of their customers contact us thinking we were one and the same. We too have tried to contact Software Media Express with no luck. Their website has since been removed.

• Aa
    a-architect Mar 16, 2012

I too have been duped by Software Media Company. I purchased AutoCAD LT 2012 from them via Amazon and now cannot activate the product. Upon contacting AutoDesk I found out that the serial # is not regstered with them.
    Will appreciate if someone can post a contact # for this company.