Snap-On ToolsCredit Department

A

As every professional mechanic knows, Snap-On makes the best tools on the market. It is sad that their company policy and dealers do not have the same quality as their tools. I purchased a large ticket item (Welder) from my local dealer, within months this dealer was gone, I was notified by Snap-On of this and arrangments were made to pay Snap-On directly, a new dealer came in and it is easier to pay on the truck than by mail. I paid the last $550.00 in May 2010 and in January of 2011 I received an invoice from Snap-on that my account was past Due. I had retired and found out that the dealer had also quit. I am being harrassed by Snap-On credit demanding that I pay what they say. The Ex dealer will not offer any help to me or Snap-On credit and all of my receipts are buried in storage. I have found out that numerous people in my area are having this same problem. I am going to let the attorneys fight over this one.

• Fe
    FeedUp Snap On Patron Sep 20, 2011

Yes Jay I'm afraid you probably got the long end of stick in a place you didn't want it put. This is a common practice of Snap independent dealers and the head office is to stand behind them to hype you up and maybe you will spend another wad of money with them. Not to mention them telling you that you get a $300 or $400 dollar credit for other tools if you buy said 15 thousand dollar tool box as I was told. But when I gave the paper work back to my dealer he said he would send it in for approval and I could pick out what tools I wanted when it came back approved. I waited about 3 weeks and asked him can I pick out my tools yet! Then he said I don't remember you giving me your paper work back! I argued with him and he said he would check into it. Another few weeks went by and I asked again then he said it was never filled or sent in he didn't know and it was to late now! So sorry he said you just lost out... My guess is he just pencil whipped me and pocketed the tools and resold them to someone else as a bonus for himself. That's just the way it works with them as long as you deal with a company like Snap On. But yes I like their tools and have been buying them for over 30 yrs. now and had a perfect credit record with them since I have spent probably over 300 thousand in that 30 plus years and always paid my bill off and early a few times and no I never received any of my interest back either even when I was told I would. And now I ran into hard times with the economy the way it is and tried to sell some of my high dollar tools to make ends meet and pay Snap On off as they are really harassing me with 2 to 12 calls and messages a day. Well come to find out Snap On does not think much of their tools either as a 15K tool box 2 yrs old with no damage, scratches or dents is worth less than 2 thousand dollars now! I tried to sell it on ebay with no better offers, not to mention any hand tools are not worth a penny on the dollar of what was paid for them even if they still have a lifetime warranty... So in short my days with Snap On are over and Matco and Mac tools are just as good and for a lot less money to boot.

Jay Thorson May 14, 2011

i was told that i over paid by 200 some dollars because i paid off my my tool chest early and would be receiving the money from snap-on directly.2-3 weeks went by i mentioned it to the sales man and acted kind of stupid and said he did not remember telling me that so i was wondering if i got screwed or what.
    Jay Thorson Minot North Dakota Central Trenching Inc.