Simple DCP / lawsuit against simple dcp

1 4200 Sepulveda Blvd #102, Culver City, CA 90230, United States Review updated:

I, Tim Chey, filed a lawsuit in the LA Superior Court against Simple DCP and the co-owner Christopher Alan Hiti. They refused to send the DCP of my faith-based film to Cannes because of what they claim were audio issues. The truth is they didn't have the 4k and 2k ready in time. I will prove this in Court when I depose the woman who said they just did the QC that morning. If she lies, I will file criminal charges for penalty of perjury.

No other DCP house I spoke to would even dare pull off this stunt.

Their outrageous attitude towards me and slandering me (a customer) on the internet is why I'm warning all filmmakers against using them. Stay tuned. More to come. I don't sue good people or good companies. I sue bad people and bad companies that rip people off. Besides being a film director, I'm a consumer-rights attorney and I "speak up for the rights of those who can't speak for themselves" (Proverbs 31:8).

I recommend these DCP houses: Neptune DCP or DCP for All or Tree Fall Post. But stay away from Simple DCP. You've been warned.

• Updated by Tim Chey, May 14, 2019

Simple DCP and Christopher Hiti, the co-owner of Simple DCP were served the lawsuit on May 14, 2019.

Stay tuned. More to come.

Ti
May 14, 2019

Comments

• En
      Jun 15, 2019

To all who read this, please disregard my original comment or post above. Everything was resolved peacefully, and I regret having posted this. The policies of this website prevent me from deleting the above comment despite my intent to do so.”

• Us
      Jun 22, 2019

I know personally three people who have been threatened by Chey to be sued for $10, 000, 000 when they woulldn't jump through his unscroupulous hoops! He's a thug with a shingle!