Siberian Angels NY CatterySiberian kitten

A

We bought a 4 month old siberian kitten from Siberian Angels NY. Since the time we bought him home, he was always meowing. I thought maybe he was being underfed so I contacted the breeder who in return told me to feed him more and I did so. I didnt think I had any cause for alarm because the breeder gave us a clean bill of health signed by her vet. Fast forward 3 weeks and we had to run him to the emergency room because his breathing looked off. The vet told us he had pyothorax (pus in his chest cavity) and kept asking if we had any cats (we dont) and if the kitten was bit at the breeder's house because this happen in kittens from breeders or shelters where another (healthy) cat could have bit them. By the time the owner realizes the cat needs help, the wound has already healed so they wouldnt know a bite caused it. He was in really bad shape. When they ran xrays and did an ultrasound they did not find any fractures or damages to his bones in the area, which rules out getting hit by a car. He was a strictly indoor kitten. Two days and thousands of dollars later, our kitten died. We had contacted the breeder and she asked if our children (both under 2) "gave him the illness" and if our children were vaccinated. As a breeder or any person that knows anything about cats, you would know that cats CANNOT catch illnesses from humans! Our vet said the same. The breeder sent us the following: "underlying reason that brought that kitten to death was either strong punch to the lungs area, foreign body or inhalation of an aggressive chemical substance.
So we have determined that Genetic Decease is totally ruled out. According to a sales agreement that You signed, replacement of the kitten will not be possible. I will not be hold responsible for accidents that occur in Your household.
I understand that You and Your family did not have any intent to harm that kitten."
Basically she blamed us for his death for punching him or something. Surprisingly, her vets said NOTHING to her that her other cats might have bitten our kitten while he was there!
I am so disappointed. I wish we had gotten our kitten somewhere else. It would have spared us heartbreak and thousands of dollars. I should have known not to buy from a breeder that has only been in business for 6 years. Please avoid Siberian Angels NY Cattery in Brooklyn, NY!!!

To Nat10021nyc100021
    Hi dear, this is your question and my reply. I didn't mean to be rude at all, I did explain the situation. By the way to take kitten from mom at 4 month old is animal abuse.

Comments

@LiliShap 4 weeks old I mean of course

• Na
    Nat10021nyc100021 Mar 01, 2021

After numerous non-responsive shelter inquiries I finally decided to check out catteries and found SIBERIANANGELS. I made an inquiry and the woman, Lily, was SO SHOCKINGLY RUDE that I just needed to post this review to tell everybody.

• Da
    Danielle Pirhala Jan 30, 2021

We purchased a kitten from her last year, and my kitten died of FIP at 3 months old he was in our household for less than 3 weeks and she also accused us of causing injury to the kitten

LiliShap Mar 01, 2021

@Danielle Pirhala I am really sorry for this unfortunate event.
    I will issue a full refund immediately after I have in my possession a laboratory necropsy report. These documents will be reviewed by Veterinarian that have issued a health certificate for that kitten.. So to avoid a delay in processing refund please provide these docs. Usually my Veterinarian is connecting laboratory and Veterinarian hospital that did all procedures to a kitten to have an extra documentation, because he is responsible for health of all my kittens.

• At
    Athina Marina Selena Jan 30, 2021

This sounds like FIP. Fluid build up in the abdomen is FIP and there are other cats / kittens that have FIP that were bought from that breeder. It’s a genetic susceptibility. If you’d like to share you story further please contact me on Instagram @rukasthecat as we are trying to collect info on all the fatalities from this breeder.

• Br
    Brendan Rubery Dec 17, 2018

My kitten had trouble settling in and is afraid of other people at first, but over time became a great member of our family and makes life all around better.