Sentara Family PracticeI left and cried because I am scared...

I went to visit the doctor because I had a a problem with my lower back. I was in pain and my left side was swollen. The nurse asked me if I had any other concerns.

I told her that I had significant weight gain and I was not sleeping more than 2-4 hours per night. The doctor came in and saw me for maybe 5 minutes and told me I needed surgery to remove a tumor that was in my back. I asked him about the other concerns I had and he said "we don't have time to talk about them today you need to make another appointment. I am on a schedule" I told the nurse when I was leaving that I was really upset considering that Doctors make about $60 and up for a consultation and I pay a $30 copay and I saw him for 5 minutes. That means out of pocket I gave him $6 per minutes for him to go send me to someone else. Now I have to go on Tuesday for another appointment and pay another $30 and take more time off work because the man wouldn't give me another 5 minutes of his time. She said "We schedule him in for 10 minute appointments and he is behind today." I am mad. Not to mention I left and cried because I am scared now because I have to have surgery. I am sure his 5 minute bed side manner doesn't warrant comforting patients.