secure horizons/edgeparkordering medical supplies

My doctor ordered an insulin pump and continuous glucose monitor, okayed by my insurance. Turned down by Edgepark. It has been 4 weeks and I still do not have the equipment or the training to use it. My doctor wanted to see me early June after wearing it for a month. This is not going to happen.

I have called everyone I could think of, insurance, edgepark, minimed and the local medical associates. If this is medicare - it stinks. I don't know what else to do.

angela bean Jul 06, 2012

I ordered a glucose monitor from Edgepark and also diabetes test trips, and so far everything went great. I had a small problem with the strip being delayed in Ohio but once I called and reminded them, I got them in 2 days delivered to my door! I keep on reading the reviews and I am a little hesitant but I think I will still go on with them because I find it effortless ordering through them. I feel bad for the people who had a problem with them...I also have state insurance...I don't know if maybe this makes a difference?? It shouldn't...

• Sh
    shoppergirlbaby Jun 21, 2011

I had nothing but problems with Edgepark. My insurance Kaiser swithed to them from MiniMed. Minimed was less on all products. I know have authorization to use Minimed again. Check your prices you are paying with vendors.

• Ed
    Edgepark complaint Apr 13, 2011

Edgepark is also our middle man between my private insurance carrier via Meritain and Medtronic. They miss up every order and do not know a thing about type 1 diabetes. They pass the buck to Meritain as the problem and have gone so far as to lie(customer service rep at Edgepark) about whether a pump supply is still good when left on my front porch for 4 hours in 100+ degree heat and lied about a product recall as a reason for sending the right product. Every order is 2 wks to a month late and has missing or incorrect products in it. I believe Edgepark or possibly in conjuction with Meritain are working a system to where they pay out less money for supplies by only doling out supplies 3 out of 4 orders a year.