Ruud Heat PumpsI got bitten twice!

RUUD heat pump freezes up outside coils. No help from installer or RUUD rep. Unit is great ice maker but sucks for heat. Ruud has made it impossible to contact them personally. My opinion is to steer away from Ruud products.P.S. Ruud and Rheem are same. This is my second Ruud, both where money pits. Yes I got bitten twice.

JAY D Jun 10, 2009

I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY TANK. THE FIRST TIME IT TOOK THE SERVICE TECH MORE THAN A MONTH TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN. NOW 8 MONTHS LATER I AM HAVING A SIMILAR PROBLEM AND AFTER 2 WEEKS THEY STILL HAVE NOT FIXED IT. THERE IS NO WAY OF CONTACTING THE CORPORATE HEAD OFFICE IN ATLANTA. ALL NUMBERS ARE UNLISTED. WHY ARE THEY HIDING FROM THE CONSUMER??? BASED ON CUSTOMER SERVICES AND THE INABILITY TO CONTACT ANYONE I WILL NOT BE PURCHASING ANOTHER PRODUCT FROM RHEEM RUDD.

• Bu
    BurntinKY Apr 29, 2015

I have contacted them, google corporate, they are in Arkansas. Same situation, 5 years in a row issues with the Ruud split unit. Trouble since new. 2008 unit, sold to me in 2010. Supposedly another contractor told me their were many lemons that year, and model. Costs me $500 every year to try and fix, plus enormous electric bills. Will not defrost, ices up, and fan runs constantly. Rheem Ruud Customer service manager at corporate level is unresponsive, and not willing to handle this matter.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices