Rockland InternationalBeware of this seemingly lucrative job opportunity!

I would just like to reaffirm what many others have stated via Complaints Board (regarding ALL Cydcor affiliates, and in particular: Rockland International of Troy, Michigan). Beware of this seemingly lucrative job opportunity. The entire company is based upon brain-washing a variety of individuals into falsely believing that Rockland really is, essentially, their best bet in today's corporate world.

When I was temporarily employed with this bogus company, I was under the impression that I would be working with others within my peer group. I am a college graduate from an accredited university; approximately 7-8 other individuals within a large group of 25 employees actually held college degrees.

Don't get me wrong, I have a great deal of respect for those that find college to be the wrong path for themselves; I think that everyone makes the world go 'round, and without hard-working individuals, (with or without a college degree), positively contributing to the economy, America would not flourish.

At the time of my hire, I was genuinely in search of a career that would require me to utilize my university-acquired skills. And, Andy, (the company's "President"), falsely led me to believe that working for Rockland really was a legitimate opportunity for a Bachelor's graduate.

Now, let me get into the logistics behind the set-up of such an elaborate scam as Rockland International (and all Cydcor affiliates). Rockland is, essentially, a Pyramid Scheme. While I was working for them, we were to "pound the pavement," so to speak, and solicit businesses into switching over their phone lines to our designated mother company. The techniques we were repeatedly taught in a cult-like atmosphere every morning revolved around building a sense of closeness with your victim, yet taking the initiative to go ahead with a switch-over when a customer seemed confused. If you could clearly add value to their current phone plan without them taking notice, you were encouraged to deceitfully do so in order to profit. These slight adjustments may seem trivial from an outsider's perspective, yet many companies are getting SCREWED by entrusting a Rockland scammer with their phone bill.

The entire notion of switching over one's phone service is so ridiculous; and, we were taught to leave the premise as soon as possible upon viewing the company's bill if absolutely nothing could be added (read: another phone line, upgraded DSL, any other addition that we could pull outta our a**es in order to increase their current phone billing statement), reiterating how non-customer orientated this company really is. Rockland thrives on promoting a service that really has little or no purpose, with employees that are falsely motivated on a daily-basis to work (and DRIVE) aimlessly for straight-commission and no gas mileage compensation, while Andy and Yvonne profit off of merely recruiting/interviewing unsuspecting and/or desperate individuals.

The most ridiculous part of my entire stint with Rockland International was actually participating in a few of the daily meetings that took place in that cult-like office down Stephenson Highway. Every morning, either Andy or Yvonne (his blonde counter-part) would give a pathetically conducted "motivational speech". I honestly snicker to myself everytime I tell friends/family about the things they would say to us. For example, one morning Andy attempted to motivate us by sharing his life story. Andy's life story? I don't care about the fact that you used to work in a cubicle, and probably graduated with a 2.0 cumulative grade point average from whatever institution you really attended. Your life story isn't inspirational. You have not defeated barriers in order to achieve ultimate success. You are the so-called "President" of ROCKLAND (FREAKING') INTERNATIONAL: an affiliate of Cydcor. A company known to many as a complete scam. You run a Pyramid Scam. You are a recruiter, you are not a president. You promote services to unsuspecting clients. You are, by no means, a true business man.

With that said, please DO NOT pursue a job with Rockland International. You will only end up compromising your morals, putting hundreds of miles on your car, and gaining little to no experience valid in today's TRUE business world. Don't compromise your true worth; luckily, I am now working for a large corporation of which I don't feel comfortable mentioning, and making a salaried income with benefits and a 401k. In a few years, I'd love to go back and get that MBA - mostly so I can tromp all over companies like Rockland International. They've been ripping you off for years, businesses: be aware!

More Rockland International Complaints & Reviews

• Ke
    Kenneth Porter Jan 02, 2007

I am scheduled for an interview with Rockland in Troy this morning. I decided to do some research on the company and discovered your article. Very interesting. But are you an employee that just didn't make it, or are you an intelligent individual that realized a bad situation and opted out. I would like to speak to you.

Email me, we could exchange phone numbers, if you agree.
    KP

• Ca
    carlos Feb 12, 2007

I thank you for bringing this to light. To many of the pyramid companies are popping up across the country to bring in the dull and naive.

The website that Rockland International uses is as well, quite pitiful for a 'International' corporation.

They use a generic template from fiercepages.com to create and host this website that dives about as deep as an inch into what they actually do for their customers.

Great post up here. Sorry to see that you fell into their scheme.

Jason Leaym Apr 02, 2007

I had a interveiw at Rockland International and it is a F#!king Joke that is not marketing in any way that is soliciting, There is no purpose for that comany it is a scam they what you to drive your car all over Detroit and for what, If a business wants to change phone companys they will call the phone company and change, I did not go to collage to sell bullsh!t and that Andy is full of SH!T he is NOT a professional he is a joke I hope more people read this so they don't get scamed by him or that company

Chris Jones Apr 05, 2007

Rockland International should be shut down!!!

Anonymous Apr 15, 2007

I am the author of the aforementioned stint with Rockland International. It has been almost a year since I experienced such bull ### while employed by such a bogus organization; but, I am glad to see that my article is still reaching those that need to vent about a similar experience. Get out while you can! Everything I detailed about Rockland International is absolutely true. Do not believe a single thing Andy says. He's not a true businessman. He's profiting off of your naivety.

• Li
    LionsFireOfJudah May 24, 2007

Everything the author said about this company is 100%, I worked for Rockland International last August until about late October before my grandmother passed. Rockland International is full of sh*t, do not be fooled. They'll make you think the harder you work, the richer you'll be soon. Bullsh*t! All I got out of that experience was a bad conscience, great pimp/conman skills, my expensive designer dress shoes ruined from all the damn walking, a lot of gas and lunch bills, a bad back, and about three months of stress after I left. They never paid me on time and when they did, they took a hell of a lot of taxes, then after I quit, the money they owed me back, they took for ever to pay, sending it bit by bit instead of just in one check like they are supposed to.

I almost thought of taking them to court, but I just said forget it and moved on. Andy Breuninger was pissed that I left because I was one of the people that were making him and "Yvonne" richer because I was super determined. I went on their stupid little business road trips, where they would get about six of us together, have us sleeping in the most low rate hotels on earth, and we had to pay for our own food and gas still. They lie to you and tell you, that you will be recompensated during tax time, DON'T BELIEVE THAT SH*T!!!

Working their is "hustling backwards" because you will accumulate more bills and stress than the money that you make. They will try to con you into staying by "Promoting" you and letting you be apart of their so-called little "morning meetings" (the meetings that beginners don't get to attend). The benefits are not benefits because you are paying for your own benefits out of your own pocket. The training is complete ###, the expect you to watch others that have been working there for three days and then go out on your own so he can quickly rack in profit. They'll just tell, go ahead fall on your face a little bit "It's happened to everybody, your ambitious right? You're dedicated? You said you were!" That's how they get you, with your conscience they try to press you with guilt-trips and they you go out there and get belittled from past victims that want to express their anger on an unsuspecting new hiree. You have to either be naive or have a strong self-esteem to deal with that. If you self-esteem is high, you will find it dwindling after you've been degraded so many times while your morals disappear.

They tell you that the lowest amount of money a person makes is "$500", yeah probably "$500" in about 3 months. If you work there, you will start noticing people that you met on your first days, you won't be seeing them, you'll see people come and go. Andy doesn't care as long as he can get you to work for a day, he doesn't care if you leave because he'll con someone else into replacing you. I don't see how he can sleep at night doing this. The only people that Andy misses are the ones that were racking in the most profits, that had that natural likable character and charisma about themselves that appealed to the victims.

The people are cool and the atmosphere is nice because that's a part of them making you want to stay, to be able to come to Andy's nice little office in Troy, MI everyday just to receive a pat on the back. Everytime I signed somebody up, I felt more and more depressed because the people were actually good folks, and I felt like I took advantage of them. Some of the folks would give you free food, free haircuts, free drinks, and all types of things just because you conned them. If there if anyone out there who is reading this that has been scammed by this company. I would like to apologize because I was blinded and I was a part of the problem and I wish I could go back to every person I signed up and explain the lie I was being told.

They blinded me into actually believing that I was helping these people by taking advantage of them. The whole job experience at "Rockland International" has made me bitter. The only thing good that came out of it was meeting new people and nice looking females. Other than that, was it worth it, NO! 99% of the people that work for Rockland wanted to quit their first day, they are just not strong enough to admit it. Anyone (including the author) that would like touch this subject can feel free to e-mail me, even Rockland if you are reading this.

P.S.

I probably know the person that wrote this article, I'm curious to find out lol :-)

• La
    Lauren Brackel Jun 04, 2007

Thank you for posting your story for others (like myself) to view! I have an interview scheduled with Rockland Inc. today at 12:15... (one of those 15 min. interviews) and decided to do some last minute research on the company and look online for [redacted]s. Well, I found it. I had an eerie feeling about this company from the moment I received the phone call saying that "I had been selected!" from this annoying ditzy voice over the phone. I accepted the interview because I was put on the spot and even know who they were. I mean, I just graduated college and I am trying my hardest to get out into the corporate world... but I'm not THAT desperate. Long story short, I just called and canceled my interview.

Thanks again for saving me time, gas, and miles on my car. I hope you are doing well in your new career!

Lauren E. Brackel

• Js
    JS Jun 06, 2007

Aww... NO PROBLEM, Lauren! I am so glad that this post has helped others avoid the same mistake I made as a recent college graduate. Yeah, keep your head up and don't lose hope in your job search. Although it may seem as though you've been searching for a while, enjoy the time off, and genuinely make your current job (sans a job) LOOKING FOR A JOB! Get your resume out there, and keep your head up! Something wonderful is bound to come along! And you mind as well avoid crappy situations that will just take up your precious time (i.e. like Rockland International) so you can utilize your days looking for that perfect career move. Good luck! :)

• Pr
    Prefer to be anonymous Jun 29, 2007

I have to be neutral because I haven't given them the "chance", and I probably won't. I just applied to their company 3.5 hours ago, it's 8:30 am now, and in the email response I got from them it stated, "I had the opportunity to review the resume that you submitted to us, and after sitting down with the hiring managers we feel you would be an ideal candidate for this position."

Wow!! Such an early meeting they had, and it involved me, a complete internet stranger. That kinda started my questioning of the company. Secondly, their website is terribly designed. If they are that successful, wouldn't they put more money into having a decent website?

Unless this company pays regularly, on time, and responds to these kinds of complaints (which is a sign they are hiding something), I don't suggest this company to anyone. Again, I haven't tried them, so this is all based on 4 hour instinct.

Thanks to all for taking the time to share their experiences.

john Jul 24, 2007

Thanks people,

Received a call from Rockland Inc. this morning. Just came online to checkout their site. What a joke! No information on what they are scamming. Needless to say I won't be calling them back.

I had a similar experiences with 2 companies 4D marketing & associates and BOSS Advertising. Same old pavement pounding shoe wearing out jobs. I can't believe the scams out there. Everyone of those companies I could have created and made more successful with ethics. But I will not pound the pavement for peanuts.

• Kr
    Kristen Jul 26, 2007

I just received a call today to set up an interview tomorrow with Rockland. I was so excited because they were very interested in meeting with me after seeing my resume. I came online to see the company's website and all I found so far was this message board. I just went to a bs interview yesterday for universal electric too. Thanks to all of you I won't have to do that twice.

P.S. watch out for universal electric. They promise you money for working hard and having a positive attitude.

Anonymous Jul 31, 2007

Hi All--

Glad that my initial post is (still) consistently generating discussion. I am the author of the original post, and I am glad that many of you have decided to stray from being taking advantage of by this terrible (and faux) company. I wish you all the best in your future job hunts! With that said, keep up the posting, everyone, really appreciate it! Down with Rockland ;)!

Anonymous Aug 06, 2007

Do you people have seriously nothing to do all day but sit around and talk about a company that you didn't want to work at? Wow, it goes to show how I'm sure most of you all unemployed. The "author" of the first "complaint" wouldn't even put their name in! Hmmm... I wonder why that is? Maybe because he/she is WRONG! Maybe he/she really only worked there for a day or two and just decided that it was to much work for them. I used to work there about two and a half months ago and I enjoyed my time spent there. I quit because I found a different opportunity. I had jut graduated from college and had no experience. I worked for Rockland about 2 months. I gained a lot of experience that helped build my resume so I could get a job that I love like I have now. I liked everyone I worked with and made money. Yea it was hard work, but what isn't? It just burns me to see a company giving people a chance when they have nothing and seeing stupid people say all this crap because they have nothing better to do with their life. GO GET A JOB! Obviously they have to be doing something right if they keep opening offices and are still in business! Thats just like people who say they don't want to do door to door, maybe its not for you, but it must be working for some one if there are people every where that are doing it. The point of this message isn't to rip on anyone, but to show you how much of a big waste of time you people are spending riping on a company that some of you know nothing about. GROW UP! There will be things that you like and things you don't, so what! Thats life! Welcome to the real world.

Anonymous Aug 11, 2007

Ah. I'm glad this site is generating both sides of the discussion. It's nice to see the 'Pros/Cons' - Hm, although I do have a job, I still have free time (considering I work 8am-6pm) during the week to do things via the internet. Posting something on this site literally takes me less than 10 minutes. So, no need to jump to conclusions: I'm sure that those that post here have jobs. And, if not, GOOD LUCK in your searches! I know how tough it can be, but settling for a sham company like Rockland isn't your best bet. Unless you want to be taken advantage of. And, to the aforementioned individual, I am glad that you "gained a lot of experience that helped build [your] resume" -- more power to you! I just couldn't compromise my morals in such a way to utilize what they (tried) to teach me at Rockland in order to get a better job. Hence, I didn't even mention my BS experience on my resume. I just enjoy the fact that I get to tell people how humorous the entire stint was! It makes for good comedy. Cheers:)

• Je
    Jerry Sinclair Aug 12, 2007

If you are a recent college graduate do not waste your time. I'm going into my second year of college so I have only seen the beginning of my courses in the business world. I had just bought a new car so I needed a decent paying job, Rockland tells you the average new comer makes $650 per week but most make 4 figures per week. I went to my 2nd interview and realized how all they did was scam people, so i googled rockland international pros/cons and this came up. I stayed there 2 days thinking maybe just the beginning was like this, but no this is what everyone in the company does. Do not get me wrong all the employees were nice as could be and I almost feel bad that they are still there. If this job isn't good enough for a second year Community College student, then for you guys and girls with a degree, you can wipe your ### with there job offer.

Jerry Sinclair.

Anonymous Sep 01, 2007

I have read all of your comments, and to my personal opinion rockland is not a scam as others company out there. I started working few weeks ago i hit promotion within my 5 days, got my $200 bonus, and also got my first pay check, which was exactly what i thought i was going to be. I really don't understand what is the issue? if you don't want to drive and offer people a "solution" then sales is not a job for you I have friends in the mortgage industry and yes! I'm talking about quicken loan which is worst in my personal opinion than rockland because in quicken loan you have a time to get in but you don't know what time you get out. What does this mean? It mean that you could work 12-14 hrs and they don't care as long as you make a sale then you get paid commission. If not do your search I'm not totally defending rockland but a job is a job. Jobs are hard to find in Michigan especially in "corporate american" and Yes! I'm a graduated student. and is hard for me i do drive a lot but hey that why you got a car right? and about the reinvestment i spend over 10k for my tuition and the state didn't gave me all of it back and according to the state i could only claim 4k for my tuition!!! Then is michigan state an scam to? Think about it if you got more question email me and we could talk...

• Do
    dodo smith Sep 13, 2007

hi all
    i worked for rockland for one month and i will tell you what i think
    1- it is a pyramid scam, after my first interview i was scheduled for a full day with one of the managers. everything that day didnt make sense to me. first the manager was a 24 yr old who has been in the business for a month and was promoted in 5 days. now can anyone tell me if this makes sense at all... promoted in 5 days. anyway, she didnt have a car so i used mine and paid for the gas
    2- every morning you go to work to hear loud music and practice pitching with others at the office. not to mention the games. i used to feel like a 10 yr old being fooled around
    3- ofcourse then comes andy with his lecture about this great opportunity .
    4- you go out fooling people. the short story they teach you is ###... all lies!!!! and ppl believe you.. i had one old man telling me that someone from my office told him that he will lower his phone bill by giving him internet, the guy doesnt even know how to use the computer and is stock with the service and is paying alot more!!! is that ethical.. how can a big corporate like AT&T allows that to happen!!! do they only care about the bottom line( profit) only????????

when i left after a month i had an extra 5000 miles on my car !!

• Sb
    s.b. Oct 19, 2007

Thank you for your comments regarding Rockland International. I am currently employed at one of the top 100 companies in the world, however; because of the hours I work, I am always looking for new opportunities. Rockland called me and I agreed to an interview for the next day. I decided to do some research on the company and came across several websites documenting complaint after complaint.

I would just like to say thanks to these websites, I will not have to waste my time listening to some bogus pitch early in the morning after working a 10hr midnight shift!

anhony jouran Oct 20, 2007

Rockland is a bogus company because I have seen this type of bull ### before where you think its great but you find out through internet that its not. I got interview and instead of wasting my time again I looked the company out. I am so happy I did, thanks internet

Sales guy Nov 13, 2007

Seems like love and hate all around.

There was a newspaper article in July 07 (Knoxville, TN: Daily Times)
    Winstead Marketing I think. Go search for it. Pretty good article for all the cydcor affiliated offices.
    Sure Sure, every office is different. I've heard the argument.
    I strongly believe that people are not happy with the company because their hiring practices. They don't advertise what they do. Apparently Univ. of TN kicked them out of their job posting and student resume database and warns the students about them? Now, that's a big WOW.
    I have nothing against Rockland and I worked there. Andy is just doing his thing, just like he was told to. He wants to be rich, just like anybody else. Sure, Morals can be questioned but so can Rockafeller's or Ford's for that matter.
    If you work there and are happy, good for you. I hope you become THE NEXT. Sessions, Rucks, Park, Lear or any others who made it to the top. Just remember all those owners that decided to go other way: P.H., I.F., A.D., M.C.,J.R., I.C., etc. Most likely, they decided to leave because not because they couldn't do the sales part but quite frankly, they couldn't lie to get people thru the door anymore.

When you do get to the top, just make sure to remember what the others are feeling when they get duped into an 2nd interview. For people who are looking for a job, being interviewed for something they don't want to do, i.e. door to door sales, this is a big waste of time to them. And for all those people that left, it's not because they couldn't "cut" it but because they just didn't like sales and they just didn't want to sell the idea of becoming a manager. It's not because they don't get the "big picture".

Also, to those who complain. Please, look your self in the mirror before you do and ask yourself. "Did I do enough research? Did I ask the right questions? Did I demand answers from Andy?" Rather than "this company is a CULT!!!!" Explain to the people what this job really is. I really don't think you can complain about this company other than their interview tactics, and maybe their training or lack there of. (I personally think that's on AT&T's side).

So here's the my example here, and this is 100% true.
    1. I got called into an interview.
    2. My car was in the shop, so I rented ($50) and drove an hour for 10-min 1st interview. Didn't get the whole thing so I decided to accept the invitation to second interview.
    3. Second interview was all day. Saw that the leader couldn't sell anything. I mean this guy was terrible.
    4. I realized this is Sales and nothing like what they said. What the heck, I'll stick around for couple more hours and see how it goes. ( I didn't mind the sales job)
    *TO anyone not looking for sales job, ASK TO BE TAKEN BACK TO THE OFFICE AND TO YOUR CAR. It is not the job for you. Stop wasting time. YOU ARE COMPLETELY FREE TO DO SO!!! If they don't want to, ask if you can goto the bathroom and call the office. If no avail, CALL 911.
    5. Lunch Time break down. -He was new or something. You can tell he was hiding something.
    6. Guy rolls a donut. LOL... Sorry man..
    7. Andy's final interview
    Andy "So how was your day"
    Me "Good."
    A "Did **** explain everything to you, about the opportunity?"
    M "Yes."
    Whole thing about the opportunity again, spare you from the extra lines/
    A "So do you have any questions?"
    M "Performance based means I work on Commision right? I don't get paid unless I make a sale"
    Andy turned blue here.
    A "Yes, but there is a paid training" - I feel this is a sham since because you need to make $500 to see that $200 training bonus.
    M "**** should've made that clear to me. I don't mind sales, I've done it before. Is he hiding anything more?"
    Whole talk of the management training program to make sure the "LEADER" didn't miss or hide anything from Andy.

And I took the job. Of course he leaves to talk to the "Leader" but hell, he probably didin't. He probably gave the customary thumbs up to him and spoke to couple of other people.
    Comes back in, shakes my hand, when can you start? can you start tomorrow? blah blah blaah.

I stayed for 6 months. Got really tired. Burned out. Couldn't "hack" it anymore. I have no problem telling anybody that BTW. It does get to ya when you do it 6 month straight, no vacation, resting on just weekend which I smartly spent partying until 3am.
    Just when I was really tired, I walked into a small HR company. As I was signing them up (I gave them unlimited, less comission, I have morals ;-) ), they did their sales pitch on me, skipped a day (I did go in the morning), went to an interview, got the job.

So that's my experience. From my story, you can probably see that this is sales and it is pounding pavement. seeing 100 customers daily and getting chased out from 50%, being cited for tickets twice, this job is not for everyone. So be prepared.

And for those who are still pounding the pavement. I admire you. You are doing what I couldn't do.
    I know if you are good, you probably get offered a job 2~3 times a week, if not day. Seriously consider it. Because they like you for who you are, unlike owners who just see CASH!!
    Remember the opportunity meeting. Promoting owner does get paid for the offices they promote!!

Good luck.

• Sg
    SGT MULL, J.J. AKA DISCO Dec 18, 2007

ITS A BUSINESS WORLD MY FRIEND...

IM SURE I KNOW YOU, IM SURE WE WORKED TOGETHER, I WAS A ROCKLAND EMPLOYEE FOR A LITTLE OVER A YEAR, AND I MOVED TO OHIO, AND THINGS WERENT WHAT THEY SEEMED, THEY WERENT. I DIDNT MAKE THE MONEY I WAS "TOLD' I WAS GOING TO MAKE, AND THE PEOPLE THAT DID, PUT IN THAT HUSTLE, (OR HAD A CAR LOL) AND YOU KNOW WHAT, SOME OF THE SALES ARE MISLEADING, AND HEY, EVEN WORKING THERE, WAS A WHOLE LOT OF POLITICS, AND TO BE HONEST , IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO SEE IT.
    AS A MAN, AND AS A MARINE, IM NOT GOING TO SIT HERE, AND BLAME ANDY, BLAME CYDCOR, OR BLAME ROCKLAND. WELCOME TO CORPORATE AMERICA,!!!!!! I LEFT THE COMPANY BECAUSE I COULD NO LONGER DO SALES FOR CORPORATIONS, CORPORATE GREED, BASICALLY, CYDCOR, AT&T, COMCAST, MICROSOFT, ###, I DONT CARE WHO, THE SAME CORPORATIONS I STAND AGAINST IN MY POLITICAL BELIEFS, THEY SELL TO MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES, AND MISLEAD A LOT OF SALES. THAT IS SALES , BRAINWAVE!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING YOU BUY INTO IN OUR SOCIETY IS MISLEADING, THE MILITARY, IS MISLEADING, CHURCH IS MISLEADING, POLITICS IS MISLEADING, SCHOOL, YUPPP...THAT IS MISLEADING TOO..... FOR YOU COLLEGE EDUCATED ###, I GUARANTEE YOU CAN TAKE YOUR BASIC TRAINED SERVICEMEMBER AND GIVE HIM O.J.T. FOR A FEW MONTHS, AND HE COULD DO A BETTER JOB THEN SOMEONE WHO WENT TO SCHOOL FOR A FEW YEARS....
    MY POINT IS THIS, MY TIME AT ROCKLAND WASNT THE GREATEST, BUT I AM MAN ENOUGH TO HOLD MY WEIGHT IN RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORKING THERE, ANDY GAVE ME A FAIR SHOT, AND SAID THE SAME THINGS TO ME THAT HE DID TO OTHERS, HE DIDNT CHANGE HIS DECK OF CARDS, ITS A SYSTEM, THAT WORKS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO WORK. I DID LEARN TO SELL, I DID LEARN THE INS AND OUTS, DONT JEOPARDIZE SOMEONES CHARACTER(ANDYS) BECAUSE HE PLAYED BY THE RULES, AND YOU DIDNT SUCCEED,...ITS LIKE FAT JOE SAYS...J.O.S.E. JEALOUS ONES STILL ENVY, REGARDLESS OF THE BUSINESS, AND THE SCHEME OF THINGS, HE DID PUT IN HIS WORK, AND CONTINUES TO DO SO, YOU DONT HAVE TO RESPECT THE GAME, RESPECT THE PLAYER. HE PLAYS THE SAME SYSTEM HE WAS INSTRUCTED TO, AND WORKS HARD DOING IT....HE GAVE ME A SHOT, I RESPECT THAT, ..(APPRECIATE THE WHIP, AND THE STAY DOG, )..ITS JUST NOT MY THING. NOT YOURS EITHER, APPARENTLY. BE A MAN,..MAN UP....YOU WANT TO QUESTION ANDYS CHARACTER, BUT HIS NAME IS ALL OVER HIS WEBSITE...WHERE IS YOUR NAME?????????????

IF MONEY IS YOUR FOCUS, THIS VERY WELL COULD BE YOUR BUSINESS, ...WHEN I STEPPED OUT OF THE MILITARY, I LOST FOCUS, I THOUGHT MONEY WAS VALUE, MEANING TO LIFE. I QUICKLY FORGOT EVERYTHING I STAND FOR, AS A MARINE. IM BACK NOW, AND REFRESHED, AND I HAVE DIFFERENT VALUES, DIFFERENT BELIEFS, IF ROCKLAND AND ALL ITS ASSOCIATES VALUE MONEY, AND FINANCIAL FREEDOM, THEN I SAY.....GET MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCKLAND INTERNATIONAL PROTECTED BY:
    US MARINES.

SHOUT OUT TO ANDY B., YVONNE, PLATTINUM, AND ANYONE STILL IN THE GAME, THAT WAS PEOPLE, HOLD IT DOWN..WHILE I DO IN IRAQ SO YOU CAN STOMP THOSE STREETS PEEPS!!!!!

• Je
    jen Jan 22, 2008

I have an interview with this place in a hour but after reading this i'm cancelling it right not.

• Ls
    L.S. Feb 13, 2008

Thank you Sales Guy, I have an interview with Winstead tomorrow. It sounded fishy so I googled them and found a reference on this site. I googled the article you cited, its actually the Maryville Daily Times, a city just south of Knoxville, the website is thedailytimes.com. Put in Winstead Marketing and five articles come up about the problems with the company, some of which you described. You Saved me time and a little money-I won't be dealing with them. Thanks.

Sharif Albarkat Mar 22, 2008

This article was done in horribly bad taste. I find it hard to believe that anyone that claims to be educated brought themselves to a level of slander below most. I have not worked for Rockland international but I have friends that do, some successful, others who are trying. If you have an interview or you are considering a job with Rockland don't let this article be what sways your decision. If you are capable of thinking for yourself then go through the interview process, ask questions, do your own research and make a decision for yourself. To the author of the article, slander, and deformation of character or not the tools of the educated. They are those of campaign managers the lowest of the low. I am sure you are among good company.

With my regards
    Sharif Albarkat
    Michigan National Guard

• Me
    megan calahan Mar 22, 2008

All i can say is that i am sorry that people feel this way about the company. I am a current employee and have been since December 2007 i can honestly say that i could not disagree more. My first interview that i had at the company they did not give me any false belief of anything to be perfectly honest with you. When i was called for my 2nd interview i was excited to say the least. I was sick of the position that i was currently at and i was motivated by the opportunity to grow within the company and to start applying my degree. On my 2nd interview i was explained things very in depth about the company and i asked a lot of questions. To me the 2nd interview showed me a lot about the company and how it was really run. It is not a scam, if it was a scam we would not have ATT paying us to go out and help people. I have had my days just like anyone in any business i am sure where I feel really beat down and frustrated about how well i am doing and if this is the right thing for me. But at the end of the day what it really comes down to is you having faith in yourself and believing that you will do well and be successful. If you don't believe in yourself than you will fall flat on your face just like any position you are in at any company that you apply for or are currently working at. As far as i am concerned if you feel like you are a scam and if you feel like your ripping people off than all i can say for you is i am glad that you are not currently an employee. The two most important things that we look for is HONESTY AND INTEGRITY and if you don't feel like your conducting yourself in that manor than you really need to reevaluate the way that you conduct yourself. PERIOD. In any position you work for those are the two most important things that your employer will look for. I conduct myself that way every day in the work field. I am not the type of person that is in the business to rip people off. I have never felt that way. The only way that i will stay for a period of time in a business is if i am helping the business owner out. If i cant then yes i do move on because there is no point in wasting their time as well as yours. Please take this comment into consideration as someone that is currently employed at this company into consideration because not everyone can do what we do and thats what makes me feel special about working for this company. I was a hair stylist before i came into this position and i can honestly say that i am happy that i made the change because i am excited to move on and grow within the company. I am not a cold weather person at all and i did not want to be stuck in michigan working at the same job for the rest of my life with barely any opportunity for advancement.

shari dunham May 01, 2008

You people who bought into this line of B.S. are lemings. EVERY small business that got suckered by Rockland has gotten screwed. The company is a sham. Andy is a criminal. The only person who has gotten promoted in the last 2 years was Carl and that was just to make people believe that it happens from time to time. What kind of promotion is that? $50, 000 per year sounds good, but you are going to work 70 hours per week. you can do better than that working at Buger King. If you are with a reputable company, you can earn far more than that and still have a life. there are class action law suits against this company. Ask Ryan Bean, he planned on becoming assistant manager by October 2007...he is STILL walking the beat, making 400 per week, and putting hundreds of miles on his car every week. There is no redeeming factors about this company. They prey on small businesses, and hire ignorent kids with very little education (for the most part) who don't know any better

• Li
    Lisa May 07, 2008

I had an interview with Rockland about 2 years ago. After the first interview Andy asked me to come and job shadow, which of course not knowing it was a "scam" a did. I couldnt believe that these people were expected to go door to door everyday and try to get business owners to switch their phone service. when we got back one of the guys i was shadowing talked me up to Andy like i was the best thing to ever happen to Rockland. I was offered the job on the spot and nicly told Andy that he could take his "company" and shove it...since i finally saw it for what it really is. DO NOT EVEN GO FOR AN INTERVIEW ITS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME.

• Th
    TheGreatest SalesmanEVER Jun 30, 2008

be serious Megan, thats why u no longer work there, lol. i dont know. there was some good experience because i now work for a reputable company making great money and rockland was a stepping stone for me. on the other hand, i got tired of getting REJECTS in my paychecks only to call and check on the deal myself and find out that the deal actually went through. this could be a good company. but it is the goons who run it that make it bad.

lets be foreal, when carl can get promoted, there is seriously a problem. i wouldnt advise people to try to work there. it will taint ur view of how sales really are. u pound the pavement day in and day out, do whatever you have to do to eat (sale sale sale), only to get ur paycheck and realize that you have a TON of REJECTS. yeah right, i know andy milonokis (lol, just kidding there) is robbing people. the stories bored me. but the worst part (besides the money) was that u had to participate in the morning "atmosphere" in the morning.

i have work to do and have to get back to doing my thing, but just for example purposes, i once was supposed to take home an $1, 500+ check, and wound up only take $600. if that doesnt scare you off, i dont know what will. and after taxes, rejects, gas for putting thousands of miles on ur car, messing up ur shoes, and getting tons of business owners calling the police just because you walked in the door soliciting, u prolly make minimum wage (maybe). it was good experience though because i learn from it.

have fun people, lol... and when you here this in atmosphere in the morning, remember i warned u... "hey guys, hey what, hey guys, hey what, r u ready for a meeting, yeah!!! well lets let him know... ALRIGHT!!!

• St
    steven Jul 03, 2008

I loved this marketing company. I hate coming to these sights because most of the people who complain on these sights don't like to work no ways.Companies like boss actually challenges us to do what our fore fathers have done and more. Many people want a desk job at Ford and complain about that and not to include they are not hiring mostly because of people who really don't want to work and get a big check that they didn't hardly earn. If you are a person that wants to be in business and you have a heart to be a legit millionaire places like Boss and Rockland International area businesses you should plant yourself into. I have worked for both of these companies and the skills they help you develop is awesome and can help you later on in life. Many people don't like challenges and feel as if when they reach a certain status they are above work. Never be like that. My suggestion check them out. Your going to love them. They are nice people. You are going to have to work hard. But, even being in a relationship is hard work.

• Z
    z Aug 01, 2008

I know for a fact that the president of this company Andy Breuninger is sleeping with and dating one of his employees by the name of Christina Schuster, this is very professional. Dont get to be his next "victim"

shari dunham Aug 11, 2008

I don't believe that. First of all there is no way Andy is heterosexual. Secondly, how could ANY woman be attracted to him? He's got that growth on his face, and NO game

• Wh
    whlwtcher Aug 12, 2008

I'm writing because I want to thank everyone for writing about their experience with this and all the other companies who waste job seekers valuable time and resources with fake job opportunities. It seems that EVERYTIME I update my resume on sites like careerbuilders.com or Monster.com, I immediately get a phone call from someone from Rockland wanting to schedule an interview the next day. The woman on the phone is usually very vague about the position she says *I* applied for which always makes me suspious because I always keep records of who I apply for and I never have records of this company. After doing an internet search and finding this article, I saw it was for the same place. So thanks for the heads up. I would have been terribly upset to have taken a half day off work, drove all the way out to Troy to find out that this was a scheme.

Formerly Employed Aug 20, 2008

Rockland? GREAT!!

C2K ????????????

HECK NO!!!

I REPLIED TO AN INTERVIEW REQUEST FROM ROCKLAND, WHICH IS THE NUMBER ONE OFFICE IN SALES FOR ATT B2B IN THE COUNTRY. I RECIEVED AN INTERVIEW FROM C2K INSTEAD.

ROCKLAND HAS BUSINESS HOURS. C2K DOES NOT. THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM!

C2K IS A RESIDENTIAL DOOR TO DOOR/COLD CALLING SALES SCHEME. ROCKLAND DOES BIZ TO BIZ. TRUST ME. DON'T INTERVIEW WITH C2K. INTERVIEW WITH ROCKLAND.

THE WORST PART- THEY SHARE AN OFFICE TO SPLIT RECRUITING AND RENT COSTS.

TRUST ME. IF YOU HAVE AN INTERVIEW WITH THE ### "CARL KNOFSKI" THAT WAS PROMOTED OUT OF ROCKLAND, CANCEL. ASK FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH ROCKLAND SPECIFICALLY AND SAY THAT YOU REFUSE TO SELL ANYTHING RESIDENTIAL AND ONLY BUISINESS TO BUSINESS.

CARL IS A COMPLETE ###. I WORKED FOR HIM FOR WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG. I SAW THE MOST HORRIBLE THINGS OUT OF THIS MAN (OR BOY!).

I WILL LET MY BEST FRIEND TAKE OVER FROM HERE!!! HE WORKED THERE FOR MONTHS LONGER THAN ME!!!

ROCKLAND- GOOD. I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HONEST COACHING AND TOOLS I GATHERED FROM ANDREW BRUINGER. HE ACTUALLY (AT LEAST APPEARS TO) CARE. C2K... IS A BUST!!! I AM TRYING SO HARD RIGHT NOW NOT TO SWEAR UP A STORM AND BLOW THIS WHOLE POST!!! I AM SO ANGRY. DO NOT EVER EVER EVER WORK FOR CARL KNOFSKI OF C2K!!! WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE AS A HUMAN BEING!!!

THIS IS WHAT I SAW AND WAS VERIFIED WHEN A LAWYER CALLED ME TO ACT AS A WITNESS IN COURT. I DECLINED BECAUSE I FEEL THAT IT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS AND THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE TRUTH ARE THE TWO WHO WERE THERE. HOWEVER...

THIS CHICK STARTED WORKING THERE THE FIRST DAY CARL WAS PROMOTED TO MANAGER (WHICH MEANS HE OWNS AN INCORPORATED COMPANY WITH CYDCOR/ANDY/ETC). SHE INTERVIEWED FIRST WITH CARL (WHO MADE TOO MUCH EYE CONTACT, SEEMED CREEPY, AND SHE COMPLAINED ABOUT TO ME ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS, AS WELL AS EVENTUALLY COACHED CARL ABOUT AND WARNED OTHER FEMALE APPLICANTS ABOUT). SHE HAD HER SECOND INTERVIEW (THERE ARE USUALLY THREE) WITH ROB, A GUY THAT KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING AFTER SIX MONTHS IN THE BUSINESS, AND SHE HELPED WITH A SALE ON THE INTERVIEW ACCORDING TO BOTH HIS AND HER ACCOUNT. OBVIOUSLY, HE DECIDED SHE WAS A GREAT FIT, GOT EXCITED ABOUT HIRING HER AND TOLD CARL. HE BROUGHT HER BACK TO THE OFFICE FOR A THIRD INTERVIEW THAT DAY. CARL WAS BUSY SO ANDREW B. CONDUCTED THE FINAL INTERVIEW. SHE WAS PUT UNDER CARL K. ON THAT DAY BECAUSE ROB, THE GUY THAT INTERVIEWED HER, DECIDED TO FOLLOW HIS LEADER, THIS CARL, TO HIS NEW OFFICE (WHICH REALLY JUST SPLIT THE RENT AND RECRUITING COSTS UNTIL CARL CONVERTED TO RESIDTENTIAL/DOOR TO DOOR/COLD CALLING SALES FOR ATT).

SO, THE STORY GOES:

HE HIRES HER. TWO MONTHS LATER, THEY HAVE BECOME GOOD FRIENDS BECAUSE HE THINKS THAT BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS ON A PERSONAL LEVEL WILL KEEP GREAT SALES PEOPLE AROUND DURING HARD TIMES. HOWEVER, ON A BUSINESS TRIP TWO MONTHS LATER, HE GETS HER DRUNK AND TAKES ADVANTAGE OF HER. SHE WAS WELL KNOWN IN THE OFFICE FOR LOOSING HER SENSES COMPLETELY WHEN SHE DRANK, SO I DON'T BLAME HER. CARL PROMOTED GATHERINGS THAT INVOLVED DRINKING CONSTANTLY, REGARDLESS OF THE FACT THAT SHE MADE CLEAR THE FACT THAT SHE PREVIOUSLY HAD A PROBLEM WITH DRINKING (I HEARD HER CONFESS TO HIM AT A PARTY OF HIS DISCRETION). AT THE SAME TIME, I HEARD HER CONFESS A CRUSH ON SOMEONE ELSE IN THE OFFICE, AND TELL ABOUT HOW MUCH SHE LIKED HIM. IT NEVER WAS CARL. NEVER. SHE WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE HE WAS.

SHE FINALLY CONFESSED AFTER HE TOLD ME INDIRECTLY IN THE OFFICE. SHE SAID THAT IS WAS HORRIBLE BUT MADE NEUTRAL BY THE FACT THAT SHE WAS SUDDENLY ALLOWED TO CLAW AND SLAP HIM. SOMETHING THAT SHE'D BEEN DESIRING TO DO FOR THE PREVIOUS TWO MONTHS.

I GUESS THAT SEVEN WEEKS LATER SHE WAS PREGNANT. I BOUGHT HER THE TEST. ACTUALLY, SHE WAS LATE AT TWO WEEKS SO I DROVE TO THE STORE ALONE AND ACCIDENTALLY PICKED OUT A TWO PACK OF TESTS WITH HER CASH. IT WAS NEGATIVE THE FIRST TIME, SO WE BOTH WENT ABOUT OUR BUSINESS. HOWEVER, SHE NEVER STARTED (ALTHOUGH LIED ABOUT IT TO SEVERAL PEOPLE BECAUSE I TOLD HER TO). SEVEN WEEKS SHE WAS FOR SURE PREGNANT. I SAW THE TEST. HER DAD BOUGHT/MADE HER TAKE ANOTHER WHILE I WAS THERE. I KNEW THAT SHE'D BEEN HOME ALONE EVERY NIGHT SO I KNEW WHO'S IT WAS. CARL'S. YES. I WAS THERE THAT NIGHT, AND NOTICED A COMPLETE CHANGE IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP.

ANYWAY, HE SELLS HER THE IDEA OF HAVING AN ABORTION, SO SHE DOES. AND YES, HE LEAVES CLEAR PAPER TRAILS OF THIS, TO THE LIKES OF WHICH HIS IP ADDRESS AND TIME/DATE ON HIS COMPUTER ARE PRINTED... THE CONCEPTION DATE IS HIGHLIGHTED. IT TAKES THREE DAYS OF MISSED SALES TIME TO SCHEDULE AND COMPLETE, ALL AT THE SAME TIME HE'S MAKING FUN OF HER FOR NOT LIKING SPICY FOOD IN FRONT OF A CORPORATE GURU WHO HE MADE HER MEET (MANDATORY TEAM NIGHT). THE DAY AFTER THE ABORTION, HE'S SUPPOSED TO PAY HER BACK HIS HALF OF IT, AND INSTEAD HE JUMPS ON HER AGAIN AND MAKES HER GIVE HIM ORAL PLEASURE. AND SWALLOW. IN THE BASEMENT OF HIS HOUSE WHERE HIS GIRLFRIEND OF FIVE YEARS SLEEPS ABOVE.

I'M NOT KIDDING ON THIS ONE OR TRYING TO BE VULGAR OR RUDE.

THIS WOMAN DID NOT TELL ME ANYTHING UNTIL CARL HIMSELF CONFESSED TO ME ABOUT THEM SLEEPING TOGETHER, AND I BOUGHT THE TESTS. I DROVE HER TO GET IT ABORTED. I HEARD THE CONVERSATIONS ON SPEAKERPHONE. SHE ALSO RECORDED THEM, AND STILL HAS THE RECORDINGS, ALTHOUGH NOT THE SAME PHONE NUMBER, BECAUSE HER PHONE HAS BEEN TURNED OFF. ANYWAY, SHE EVENTUALLY CONFESSED TWO WEEKS LATER TO A FEMALE OWNER WHO TOLD ANDY PER THIS CHICK. NO ONE KNEW WHAT TO DO, OR HOW TO DO IT. ALL I KNOW IS THAT HALF THE PROCEDURE WAS PAID FOR IN A MONEY ORDER BY CARL, BUT AT TWO WEEKS LATE THIS GIRL GOT EVICTED FOR BEING LATE ON HER PAYMENT PLAN FOR RENT IN ROCHESTER HILLS, MI, AND ENDED UP SLEEPING IN HER CAR AND GIVING UP HER DOG TO HER DAD (WHO WAS ABUSIVE TO HER ALL HER LIFE) BUT SHE'S STILL HOPING HER DOG IS ALIVE EVERY NIGHT AS SHE FALLS ASLEEP IN HER CAR. SHE CALLS ME SOME NIGHTS TO TALK, FROM SOME PRE-PAID WIRELESS SHE GOT FOR FIFTY BUCKS. I FEEL REAL BAD BECAUSE SHE'S HOMELESS AND OUT OF A JOB BECAUSE OF CARL, BUT I HAVE NOWHERE THAT SHE CAN STAY. I MEAN, SHE WAS ON THE EDGE BECAUSE OF MOUNING SICKNESS CAUSING HER COMMISSION TO GO DOWN, AND THIS A$$ NEVER PAID HER ANYTHING TO MAKE HER LIFE AT THE VERY LEAST- STABLE.

SO, YES. RIGHT NOW SHE SLEEPS IN A CAR. AND YES, SHE HAS CALLED THE NVH (NATIONAL VICTMS HOTLINE) AND FOUND FREE LEGAL ASSISTANCE FOR SEXUAL ABUSE CASES.

SO.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. HE WILL GO UNDER, AND ANDREW B, WILL NOT.
    WHY? ANDY HAS ALWAYS RUN A REPUTABLE COMPANY AND MADE MAXIUM EFFORTS TO GET OTHER PEOPLE PROMOTED. I MEAN, IF CARL CAN GET PROMOTED, AS A SEXUAL OFFENDER, WHY CAN'T THESE OTHER ###S (WHO ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT SOME PYRAMID SCHEME THAT DOESN'T EXIST) GET PROMOTED? OH. HARD WORK. I'M SORRY. I'VE FOUND ANOTHER COMPANY THAT REQURES THE SAME (EMS AKA ENERGY MARKETING SERVICES WHERE I MANAGE AFTER ONE MONTH OF JUMPING THROUGH HOOPS, JUST LIKE CYDCOR) REQURES HARD WORK, TOO. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THEY AREN'T SEXIST, THEY DON'T PROMOTE DRINKING, AND THEY DON'T PROMOTE OFFICE PROMISCUITY. THERE ARE AN EQUAL AMOUNT OF MALES/FEMALES WHO MAKE SEVEN FIGURES (YES SEVEN. AKA 4.6 MILLION A YEAR). SO, I'M RECRUITING THIS POOR CHICK WHO WORKED HER BUM OFF FOR A PROMOTION SHE COULD NEVER SEE AND I'M FINDING HER A PLACE TO SLEEP BESIDES HER CAR, AND HOPING THAT MAYBE SHE CAN SEE HER DOG AGAIN. I WOULD LOVE TO CARE FOR HER DOG BECAUSE IT'S A SWEET PUPPY THAT DOESN'T DESERVE TO LIVE WITH A MONSTER. AND BOTH DESERVE A BED AND SAFETY.

LONG STORY SHORT- PUT CARL KNOFSKI OUT OF BUSINESS AND HELP THIS POOR GIRL OUT. SHE WAS FINE BEFORE SHE MET HIM, PAYING ALL BILLS BY HERSELF AND LETTING OTHER UNFORTUNATE EMPLOYEES OF CARL LIVE WITH HER FOR FREE (PAYING OVER 1500/MO BY HERSELF!!). NOW, SHE'S ON THE STREETS JUST TRYING TO SURVIVE. ANDY TRIED TO GET HER HELP, BUT IT WAS REALLY NONE OF HIS BUSINESS. AT LEAST HE GOT HER FED FOR A WEEK! AKA HALF OF A PROCEDURE THAT SHE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO HAVE IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT COMPLETE... BAST... AS... HOLE... WOW! I AM MORE MAD RIGHT NOW FOR HER THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE!!!

shari dunham Aug 20, 2008

you are correct and incorrect. Carl is an uneducated ###: correct. Andy runs a reputable business: incorrect. he is a douchbag criminal

• Kr
    Kristin Aug 20, 2008

WOW!! I have an interview at the Troy office tommorow and thanks to your article I doubt I will waste my gas going!! Thanks alot!!

Formerly Employed Aug 21, 2008

Wait, what? I'm not homeless. I live with my dog in a nice house we are renting... and what lawyer? Whoever posted that needs to email me so I know who you are, and delete that bs message from the board and leave me out of it. Thanks.

Formerly Employed Aug 21, 2008

Well, I've had time to consider things today, and I feel the need to comment about a few things here.

First of all, this site is designed to keep unemployed people unemployed.
    They can use this blog as an excuse as to why they didn't at least show up for an interview and make up their own mind.
    Of course, if you are the type of person who let's others make up your mind for you instead of trying it out yourself, well, you won't make it through the interview process there anyway. Move along.

I learned quite a lot in my time working there. Useful tools that are applicable in my current career. I worked hard and it was worth it to me, looking back. I was never ripped off or scammed. They never promised me more than they could deliver.

I have figured out the person who wrote that message, and trust me- I'm not amused. They will hear about it. Not only is the majority of that embelleshed (much like the sci-fi movies stating "based on an actual story"), but the worst is an accusation that even in a hormonal temper tantrum, I would never utter.
    The words "rape, " "forced, " and "pressured, " have never come out of my mouth. That is absurd. Carl isn't evil, he isn't capable of it. He is nothing more than a little boy holding a big gun. The problem is that he can't see down the barrel far enough to realize that everyone around isn't shaking in their boots, they are shaking with laughter at the fact that he forgot to turn the safety off. He struts around like he figured out a better way to put his pants on (instead of one leg at a time, like the rest of us).
    Given time and experience, I'm sure he will grow into a great leader, instead of a great pretender. But that doesn't mean that there isn't plenty to be learned from him here and now. He's a much better boss than the ###s I've worked for in the past- the kind that have never done the job, but still think they can tell you how to do it better. All things considered, he does a better job than I could under those circumstances.

So, all of you late-night blog readers (those of you who consult a website to confirm your fears about an interview, in an attempt to excuse yourself from actually getting hired) why don't you at least go make your own mind up? I was never lied to. There are plenty of people there who truly view the opportunity as a career path. I would still be there if it weren't for personal matters. I am sure none of you will experience the same issue.

shari dunham Aug 22, 2008

Sorry Kirsten...you are a fool. Rockland is the biggest scam on earth

Anonymous Aug 22, 2008

Hello,

I just wanted to say that this discussion forum is HILARIOUS. To all of you speaking out in support of Rockland: WOW. The juvenile banter, poor grammar, false accusations and generally ridiculous conversation that riddles this board speaks for itself; Rockland International is infested with uneducated CHILDREN.

Listen to yourselves. One person is speaking on behalf of another person - igniting a fire storm of HARSH words (like rape).

I worked at Rockland International. Only for about 1 month. Andy struck me as a college drop-out wannabe-type: always pretending to be far more important and wealthy than he really was. It was almost unfathomable listening to him talk about his weekend golf outings. He's the kind of guy that likes being the big fish in a small pond. It was very clear to me that he was preying on the poor; I mean, we all know the current economic state of Michigan. Sadly, it's more than obvious that Andy wouldn't make it in a real establishment with REAL professionals. And Carl? He was the little guy with the Napoleon Complex, right?

Overall, the place is ok if you want to solicit businesses 60+ hours a week. The most depressing thing about my experience with RI was walking into actual establishments and bothering people with legitimate CAREERS. If you want to contribute to the economy like the rest of the white collar world - stay away from their ONE OFFICE/ONE CONFERENCE ROOM "suite." If you're feeling somewhat desperate - go for it. You may thrive in their bizarre atmosphere. You may really enjoy going on their trashy outings to po-dunk bars down Stephenson Highway. Whatever floats your boat. I'm just glad I realized I didn't want to waste my time there.

Cheers! :)

Formerly Employed Aug 23, 2008

I wouldn't go so far as to say "napoleon complex." It fits based on office behavior, but not accurate overall. He's actually a decent human being when he's not playing a role. When he's strutting around and acting like his sh.. don't stink, it's only because he believes that it's something that he's learned (maybe from Andy) in order to be more successful. "Everything I do is for a reason." Right, Carl? Even if the reasoning is flawed. AKA scripted to the point of absurdity, gaining nothing but laughs or frustration from employees.

I spoke to this woman today, a customer of mine at my new job. After a few questions about who I worked for, she asked if I was affiliated with Rockland. I told her no, but informed her that I was formerly employed there. She stated that she had an interview in two days.

I was neutral about the description, and everything I had to say was in total disagreement with what she had come to understand from Regina (and I know that Regina doesn't lie, but maybe was coached to say things in a certain way to become more undecipherable).

HR trainer? Immediate residuals based on those said trainees?

I didn't tell her one way or the other. Both she and I made sure she didn't know my name. I told her what the interview process would be like, and she told me that she was a professional that would make up her own mind. I agreed.

The fact of the matter is: we should all live our own lives and make up our own decisions. Maybe for you Rockland was NOT an ideal fit, maybe for me, it was. Maybe she will find there, like never before, a sense of youthful energy that had been lacking from all other interviews.

In sales, we never know what a customer's hot button is. Maybe it is so unexpected that 10 salespeople before you never even touched on it. Maybe in a last ditch "hail mary" we manage to find that one thing that they were looking for. And maybe, a pyramid scheme-like atmosphere is what she really needs to satisfy her delusions of grandeur.

But who are you and I to say?

We aren't. The sane people searching for jobs never end up reading this site. Only the ones that desperately NEED excuses to continue their unemployment checks. And in Michigan, we all know they are plenty but scarcely enough. Or, the ones that are so mad about the fact that they couldn't cut it, they have to tell someone. I am only glad that I was forwarded here by someone who is currently employed there. I don't fall into those categories. I remain on neutral ground.