Richard Pintar BMD BreederBernese mountain dog breeder

W

I had a terrible experience with breeder Richard Pintar of Coldwater (Barrie) ON, who I found on Kijiji. I travelled from Windsor to Barrie to pick out my BMD puppy from Richard, provided my deposit of $250, and began counting down the days until I could bring my pup, "Burt" home. On June 8th I contacted Richard to confirm the time of pick-up for Saturday June 10th, only to be told he had sold my puppy to someone else because he had "lost my contact information." Richard had emailed me a copy of my receipt and spoken to me multiple times on the phone, so this is nearly impossible. Richard made no attempt to compensate for this wrongdoing and advised that the whole litter was sold and hung up the phone. This has been absolutely devastating. Do not buy from Richard Pintar.

AndreaOnMill Feb 12, 2021

I dealt with Richard Pintar, and the same issues arose when we picked up our BMD. Only Susan was there, the pups ran back near the barn and my aunt said it didn’t look great. Lots of dogs in kennels. we weren’t allowed to see the mother/father Our BMD has elbow dysplasia in 3 legs. We realized in the first year. He did give us our money back, but I had to prove it and send X-rays from our vet to his vet. Elbow dysplasia like this happens with irresponsible breeding.

• Sh
    SharonPen Jan 20, 2019

We bought an adorable Bordernese from Richard. When we picked up the puppy, his wife stood outside and said “bye bye, don’t come back” to the puppy. We thought that was odd considering the money we paid for the puppy. Richard had promised we could meet the father dog when we came to pick up the puppy, but he was no where around when we arrived and the wife seemed more interested in getting us out quickly so we never meet the father of our puppy.
    A year later when our pup developed a noticeable limp my husband emailed Richard asking if any of the litter or the parents had issues with limping. There was no response from him. We took our pup to the veterinarian and had no background information to provide because Richard didn’t care enough to respond to us.
    We are love our beautiful dog but wouldn’t recommend dealing with this breeder . It really felt like he took the money and ran!

• Ka
    kavita bhagat Nov 20, 2020

@SharonPen Hi Sharon,
    We've had a similar experience with our bernese. He's about 6 months old now and he's had a handful of issues we've never experienced with our 8 year old Golden retriever. Most recently he has also developed a limp which sounds similar to what yours was experiencing. We're in the process of figuring out the issue through x rays with the vet right now but I'm wondering, were you both able to find the root of the issue with your dog?

• Ke
    Kelly St. Pierre Dec 14, 2018

I have info for you about him if you like. He is a puppy mill

• Pa
    Pam Lmx Jan 15, 2019

@Kelly St. Pierre We have been looking for a Burnese cross for some time (difficult to find) and found him on Kijiji as well. He has one puppy left. As we are over 3 hours away and saw a complaint about him selling a dog that had a deposit on it, we are hesitant to deal with him. Seeing this thread has made me even more hesitant. Can you send me any info? Thanks so much.

janscott Jun 11, 2019

@Kelly St. Pierre Yes - I would like to know as I spoke to someone called Susan at [email protected] She had advertised Malshi pups for sale on Kijiji, and although I was warned about buying pups that way, the photos were too adorable to ignore. It was too soon after the death of one of my dogs, so I told her I would wait. I did think it odd that she gave me RICHARD PINTAR's email address to contact her. Why would she not have one of her own? PLUS none of the pups were available to look at or choose until they were over 9 weeks old. Who does that? Any pup I've had in the past - I've gone to chose my forever puppy not long after they were born. My Chihuahua at 3 days old and my Blue Heeler girls at 1 week. So alarm bells were going off. Now I read your comment. Would you please email with any info you may have on Pinter at [email protected] ? I would be grateful. Thanks :)

• Am
    Amyphillips Dec 05, 2020

@Kelly St. Pierre I would love info if it is the same person- I responded to an ad on kijiji to a lady named Susan in Coldwater regarding Bernese pups!