Peak Potentials Complaints & Reviews

Peak PotentialsI went to this seminar

Perfidious people getting you to buy their snake oil! BEWARE!!! They are predators of the poor and the desperate! Please google these people before you give them your money. I watched everything from self fladulation with thick rubber bands on bare skin, to evangelistic sermons and brain washing to get you in a super suggestive state to buy their insanely exp courses promising things that were too good to be true. I came with a very open mind but this was nothing more than a 30 hour pitch for their chicanery. One speaker actually suggested people cash in their 401ks and invest with him. I later googled him and indeed he had over a hundred reviews calling him a scammer. Peak Potentials and MMI speak of integrity and honor but have none of their own!!These people are nothing but frauds!!! Get rich quick schemes will always be just that. SCHEMES to get your riches. My grandfather and parents are millionaires btw. None of them would invest in anything they didn't investigate first. Millionaires act decisively but only based on prior knowledge. I'm building my wealth slowly and wanted ideas for a faster track. THIS IS NOT IT.

Peak PotentialsNo integrity

Peak Potentials offers a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with their course, but they will do whatever they can to not honor it. This is the second time I took a course from them and was unsatisfied. They are very nice and pleasant when it comes to authorizing the refund request, but when it comes to actually refunding you it's a different story.

The first time I asked for a refund:
After attending the entire first day of the course (World's Greatest Marketing Seminar), I didn't like it and got the refund authorization. After emailing them for 6 weeks without any response, I put in a dispute with the credit card company who refunded my credit card within a week. A week after that, Peak Potentials calls and says that if I drop the dispute, they'll write me a check. I asked them to send me that in an email so that I could have it in writing. They refused and said that if they dispute the charge-back they would win and we would get no refund at all. Well, I stuck to my guns and either Peaks Potentials was bluffing or the credit card company ruled in my favor.

The second time I asked for a refund:
My email to Peak Potentials on Mar 6, 2013:
My boyfriend received a voice-mail today from Susan Fantus, Manager at Peak Potentials Client Care stating that our refund request was in "integrity review and you should know why." When he called her back, she said "explain yourself" and insinuated that he did not comply with your refund policy based on the fact that he had been unsatisfied with one of your previous seminars. I do not understand why his dissatisfaction of other courses has anything to do with the one in question. She treated him with hostility, animosity, disrespect and bluntly stated that he had no integrity because he didn't like the seminar (I wasn't satisfied either). We are entitled to my own opinion of Peak Potential seminars as I'm sure you understand that the seminars are not for everybody.

She argued that he had never paid for any Peak Potentials courses even though he paid for premium seats to the MMI (which I will no longer recommend to others after seeing how your customer service team disrespects and attacks people for not being satisfied with a course) in May 2012 and offered to give her a copy of the credit card receipt.

She also accused him of taking advantage of Peak Potentials by signing up for courses and to get "free information." I can assure you that we both had every intention of learning from the courses that were paid for in full. Why else would we have paid $995 + $495 almost a year in advance to reserve a spot in the seminar? In order to attend this course, we had to block off three entire days out of my busy life (time off work, time away from business, I had to miss spending time with my family on the anniversary of my father's passing, and having to miss my dear friend's child's first birthday) and pay for 4 nights of accommodations (even though we only stayed for 2 nights). Why would we go through all that trouble just to get "free information"?

If I do not feel that the information given is worth my precious time or money - I will not stay for the entire course. Unfortunately, we were not satisfied (again, we are entitled to our own opinions of the seminar), so we acted accordingly. It was completely unprofessional of Susan Fantus to attack my boyfriend the way she did.

The refund policy states: “We offer a Money Back Guarantee, if after the attending the entire first day of the course, you are dissatisfied with your purchase. To qualify you must notify staff at the conclusion of the first (1st) day of your request for refund and complete the required request form. You must return all course materials you have received during the first day and will not be admitted any further days of the course. You will be entitled to a refund of the full amount of the course…”

We attended the entire first day of the seminar on March 1, 2013, was not satisfied, and got the refund authorized by the Event Manager Annmarie Wright (see receipt attached). We returned our name badges and did not attend any other day of the course. We have fully complied with your policy and we cannot get back that time that we spent at the seminar. If Peak Potentials does not plan to honor their own refund policy because they disagree with a client's reason for not being satisfied, then the refund should not have been authorized in the first place.

Now the refund request is being reviewed by their "legal" team, which is absolutely ridiculous. Who is the one who is out of integrity here?
Please beware and please read and consider all the other complaints about them before you decide to buy from them. Because if you are not happy with their services, you will either lose your hard earned money or have to fight tooth and nail to get it back.

Peak PotentialsIntentional rip off

For those out there who are able to think somewhat neutrally, you do not need to be part of the 'rah rah' crowd that PP counts on for its bread and butter.
Yes, the MMI is absolutely great content and of course they have to sell courses at the end to make up for the MMI being tuition free. However I found it just plain unhealthy, having attended 3 of their courses now including MMI, that they pack sooo many people in. Really. Really uncomfortable and unhealthy.
If you have the money to spend on this as entertainment, then it's perfectly fine. But I have truly observed the presenters to be very highly trained salesmen, and I've seen enough slick salespeople to know.
They post high feedback on their site - but that feedback is taken at the key point of a 'rah rah session' at the very end of a tiring several hours. And it is meant to create 'glowing' feedback. They feedback is absolutely not neutral and coming from a place when people are thinking normally.
I have also seen how they treat volunteers- the volunteers make a measly $100 credit or so for a lot of volunteering, which they can use towards courses. Considering how much the courses are, you know that's a ripoff. But hey, these folks want to be treated like that and not hold a higher standard for themselves. It's just a shame a company will take advantage of the volunteers low standards.
I met one volunteer who seemed pretty exceptional and I asked him why doesn't he work for PP. He honestly told me that PP was considering hiring him but because the economy was going down they were holding off on hiring! (Although he didn't seemed to mind) but it bothered me that such a company, with all it preaches would not have such a problem with its mindset "Its the economy" !!!

I've attended a few courses like I said, and that means I met several people who also had taken a few courses or several. Honest to God, none of them were able to tell me how they actually used it to improve their business or financial situation. Their responses were, 'it will help someday'. Not anywhere near what PP claims about it's instant results.
What was more surprising to me, is those who seemed more invested (like having bought a lot of courses etc.) were more defensive (and yet that should not surprise me) about how people who made critical comments about the courses were just 'negative people'. Mind you, when I got some of these same folks in confidence (at some level) it was clear they hadn't been making much progress despite their investment.

Bottom line- PP courses are great for entertrainment. You can even some some useful tips. But sales pressure which has fear/scare tactics and a 'great' undermining psychology is their way of getting more money. Their courses are NOT worth the tuition, unless completely taken for fun if you want to spend that money.
They know there are a lot of hopeful people in the world, and coupled with their own journeys of knowing desperate people will do most things, they've successfullly combined it with their courses. They definitely have a cult approach and while many will still take their courses after reading this, it is understandable as you 'have hope'. But just keep your expectations of true results low, and the best advice is to leave your ccard at home. These folks can border on true 'snake oil' salesmen. But they know what's the legal line they can cross and what they cannot - they are professionals. The people who say they have made their money back - some of the admitted in person to me at the courses 'they are on a pathway to making their money back and more' - that is VERY different statement. Funny it is those people who keep 'insulting' others who make the critical comments on these boards.

• Pe
    Peaceseeker Apr 21, 2011

I have never attended one of these camps but my family lives in the area where many take place over the summer (Enlightened Warrior, Wizard etc.) It is a quiet, rural, peaceful place until these camps arrive. The music blasts across the valley at all hours, disturbing the peace and waking small children in the middle of the night. Residents have complained, to be met with "sympathy" but will they change their programs in order to recognize that other people live int the area? Nope! To me, they are a bunch of selfish, greedy, hypocritical nutjobs. Cult is an understatement. I would never want to go to a camp (never mind paying $6000 dollars for it) where I knew that neighbours were being aurally assaulted and disturbed. I wouldn't feel good about it.
    Not to mention the groups of "campers" we witnessed, on a 100 degree summer day, hiking up a steep rock road, some blindfolded and carrying other campers. Go team! And the image of a blindfolded woman's bare bottom as her friend helped her to pee by the side of road will haunt me forever! I can't stand hypocrisy and this organization takes the cake. It makes me sad that people go to these things without questioning whether it's affecting the area - but the message seems to be so selfish and greedy I'm not surprised.

• Mj
    MJC2020 Aug 16, 2013

You are so wrong!! Peak Potentials is one of the best, most amazing life changing courses! I've watched so many people have breakthroughs & begin living there lives again. Children also! Peaks courses are hands down absolutely the most life changing courses & integrity is a huge value that is upheld in the company. I am not part of the organization but I have attended most of there courses and they have brought life back into me! I personally experienced Warrior Camp & we actually didn't play music a couple nights & kept the noise down during the course to be respectful of the residents around the area. They do care and they are one of a few companies left that give people a chance to snap out of the mediocre life they're living & open up to the dreams they once forgot! It's hard to run a company like this when so many people are negative in there thinking or don't want to admit that they've settled. So they have to make others wrong for wanting to at least try & reach for there dreams. I have a lot of compassion for these people and I hope everyone gets a chance someday to remember who they really are & start living there dreams!

Peak PotentialsBreach of Contract

­­

Maybe it's time for a class action law suit...

Contact the Better Business Bureau of Mainland B.C. (this is the local BBB for the Peak Potentials, Inc. home office):

(Vancouver, BC)
788 Beatty Street, Suite 404
Vancouver, BC V6B 2M1
Phone: [protected]
Fax: [protected]
Email: [protected]@mbc.bbb.org
Web: http://mainlandbc.bbb.org

The case to make against Peak Potentials Inc. (PP) is one of a breach of contract. PP has a flaw in the course contract (agreement) they have you sign.

Basically they are having people sign a contract with one understanding of what the contract means, yet they are holding people to a different understanding of the contract – one that causes a forfeiture of tuition (this is NOT explained in the contract; and PP staff will NOT tell you this if you call with general questions about the contract).

The “Peak Potentials Inc. Transfer / Cancellation Agreement” mentions the term “transfer” in the table entitled “General Courses”; but the agreement does NOT define what this term means, or how it will be used.

PP uses “transfer" to mean TWO different things:

1. Changing COURSES
2. Rescheduling a course DATES

The only clue you have that PP is using “transfer” to mean two different things is if you decide to change, cancel or reschedule a course, and receive a “Transfer / Cancel Request”. This form very clearly indicates three options:

1. “Transfer”: used to change courses
2. “Cancel”: used to cancel a course
3. “Transfer Date”: used to reschedule a course

This is evidence to support the case that the definition of the term “transfer” (which is NOT defined in the agreement that is signed) is CRITICAL to one’s understanding of the agreement. The agreement clearly mentions only “transfer”, there is NO mention of the term “transfer date”.

If you transferred from one course to another, on your registration form, under the “Course Registration” box, you may find hand written notes explaining that your registration is a “transfer” from one course to another. This is evidence to support the case that the term “transfer” is being used to mean “changing courses” (vs “rescheduling course dates”).

When people sign the agreement, they believe “transfer” refers to “changing a course”, since that is the common usage of the word. It is not reasonable to interpret that “transfer” means both “change courses” and “reschedule dates”.

Additionally, there is no warning that one will forfeit one’s tuition if the course purchased is not taken by its second offering. This critical information will not be given to you until you actually try to reschedule a course. When you try to do this, PP will start using the term “transfer” to mean “reschedule”. Unless you realize that they have now switched definitions of the term “transfer”, you will think you made an error in interpreting the agreement. You did NOT make an error – you were misled. If you transferred a course during the Millionaire Mind Intensive, PP essentially “trained” you to interpret “transfer” to mean “change a course”. But if you later attempt to reschedule your course, PP will now be using “transfer” to mean “rescheduling”.

Breach of Contract Summary:

1. The agreement clear mentions only “transfer” (used to mean changing a course).
2. There is NO mention of the term “transfer date” (used to mean rescheduling).
3. There is NO mention of anything relating to rescheduling (yet this is what will cause one to forfeit one’s tuition).
4. There is NO mention that courses are only given one time each year.
5. There is NO mention that if you do not take the course you purchased by its second offering, that you will forfeit your tuition.
6. Peak Potentials staff fails to provide critical information, and instead provides misleading advice.

Because Peak Potentials holds people to conditions NOT written in their agreement, the agreement is invalid.

Peak PotentialsRipped off

We attended a 3 day seminar for Peak Potentials and signed up for the seminar "Never Work Again" in June 2009. The seminar was in December 2009. We paid $458 on a credit card and they were supposed to charge our card once per month. They never did and when we inquired they said there was a problem. They would not return any calls of emails after that, they just took our money.