Empire Automotive Group Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Empire Automotive GroupCon Artists

I cannot stress enough for people to not come here. These guys are complete crooks, they'll take you for everything you have. I purchased a vehicle off of them, and one month into having it I found out it had transmission problems. It was past the 30 day warranty, but I still took it up to their shop to have it "fixed". They called me the next day and told me everything was good, it only needed a tranny flush. I'm still having the same problems with my car. These guys are a bunch of tools in suits. Do not make the same mistake I did.

• Di
    DionS. Jan 17, 2012

Beware of their advertising tactics! They will NOT give you any answers over the phone regarding their ludicrous fine print. All the phone clerks can do is say that they "dont negotiate pricing over the phone"...even though your only concern was get a clear understading of what their advertised price ACTUALLY is. Also beware of the sales staff...they will try to attach all kinds of ridiculous fees to their inflated prices (such as several hundred of dollars for "cleaning/detailing the car"...GIVE ME A BREAK!). The DO have a lot of cars in their lot so many people are unfortunately suckered into doing business with them just because of the convenience of having a selection. Too bad there is no legal way to slap these crooks around...they operate just barely within legality. BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE!

Resolved Empire Automotive Groupno good

i was looking at there adds on craigslist and there main web sit and they had two cars i was looking at and them i called them and they said yes they have them and they said to come on down so i drove 2 hours to the dealer and i went in and ask them about the cars i was looking to buy out right and they said sorry we don't have them no more and then try to have me buy a car for 2, 000 more then i had and say i have to finance it and i said no thank you and they wore getting mad about it and said i had to and good [censored]ing luck geting a good car for 3, 500 the car they tired to put me in had the air bag light on was not clean and need all the work did to it and i ask them about it and they said i would have to deal with it so i left the place they are no good people so plaes dot go to them and if you got some one you care about dont let them go to them to thank you for your time richard

Resolved Empire Automotive GroupBad servies

We went there to take a look at Subaru forester 2009.The price was $13, 995
Not too bad.I called dealer to find out if its correct, they sad yes the price is what you see on the ad.I did ask if there any more charges to this car. They sad ONLY doc fee 399$. Well does not too bad is it?
But when we got there, after a test drive I sad I like it! We went to the office. I asked to give me a carafax on this : vehicle
they sad that they don't deal with carafax cuz its not good… Thats starting to sound wrong, anyway they gave me some kind of report from web site that few people know.
On that list it was perfect. Finally i got the price of 17, 700$ plus fees. Is that right, they state that it had an inspection and whole nine yards.Price on cars.com was 13, 995$
Thats a rip off.We never got the car in the end. And who knows if it was good condition car to start off, it looked good but who knows what inside.Maybe it all rusty and was in the flood.

Resolved Empire Automotive GroupComplete Scam Artist

First of all, I have never written a complaint before, but this place was so bad, it compelled to let others know about it. I traveled there to check out a car I saw online. When I arrived there, I was little disappointed when there building was run down and there was grimy looking sales people that appeared as if they had just got out of prison. Nevertheless, they had the car I was looking for. I had a mechanic check out the car and he found a whole list of issue's that where hidden from me at the dealership. I told dealership to fix these problems or I was not interested in buying the car. The sale's guy go's "yea, yea, yea, we'll fix it up for ya". Then I said "Great, after the repairs are made, I'll have the mechanic look at it again to make sure its all set" At this point, the sales guy brings over the manager who begins to try to get to buy another car I didn't want. (He was trying to avoid making the repairs on the vehicle I wanted.) I told him I'm not interested. Then he starts to insult me personally and starts yelling and screaming. I got up and left.

The car was also way above KBB retail value and they didn't want budge on the price. Also, they didn't want my trade in because they "they couldn't sell it their", while another dealership gave me a generous offer for my trade in.

The bottom line is these are not the people you want to a car from when there are plenty of honest and legitimate dealerships o choose from.

Resolved Empire Automotive GroupThey tried to play me

I went there to look for a car I was buying for my 21 year old daughter, I saw a car I thought she would like but I didnt buy it the first time, I wanted her to see it first. I went home, looked on the computer and found it, she loved it so we went up there the next day to get it for her. When we got there it was in the service department. I asked the saleman if we could get it and he said lets go for it. My husband showed up and we got down to filing out all the papers, saw the finance man talked about the loan..ooo and by the way we along needed to finance 3996, but when we went to see the finance guy he showed me the computer and I noticed he had added on 2000 dollars for a service warranty that I had never asked for. SHADY!!! Well to get on with the story...as my salesguy went up to talk to the manager, the salesmanager told him the car had been sold 4 days before. There was no sold sign on it the day before, no one knew it was sold and it never came off the website. What a scam. Well we left there without buying a car, pissed off and my daughter all upset...that makes me the most mad. Well not done..someone in the finance department ended up calling my husband to check his credit so we could the car THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN SOLD. Now a week later, we get a statement saying we have a warranty on a CAR WE DONT EVEN OWN.
STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE!!! They will piss you off totally and play you.

Resolved Empire Automotive GroupMisleading Price

Lets see I searched on cars.com 1-24-10 and found a truck at Empire Automotive Group. Price was $9, 995.00, so I drove 1.5 HRS down the next day. Found out now I need to add $2, 995.00 to price of truck, there is DISCLAIMER at bottom of the web page.

This is add on bottom of page...
Dealer Disclaimer

New England’s Largest Volume True-Wholesale Dealer. 100 % guaranteed credit approval, max trade allowances, lowest prices and the largest inventory 350+ in stock. Retail Auto Dealers are welcome but must provide valid dealer license at time of purchase. With our sales volume we ask that you please confirm vehicle availability in advance. This limited time sales offer is automatically reflected exclusively to consumers as part of our Winter Blitz up to 2995.00 matching cash sales event going on now. This offer cannot be combined with other promotional savings, please print this ad and present it upon arrival to our store. For more information please visit our web-site or contact one of our customer service representatives today. Terms and conditions subject to change for sub-prime financing and all trade match money is based on the actual cash value of the trade. Sales Tax, Title and Administration fees are additional. Must be 18 years of age or older with a valid ID to qualify. For additional information or details please call or visit us today. Terms and conditions are subject to change with or without notice based on additional servicing requirements and or customer requests / preferences.

Do you see where is says add $2, 995.00 "yea me neither"

Also on web site...

Our Mission Statement

At Empire, we are dedicated to exceed our customers’ expectations by offering the highest level of Customer service available.

YEA OK, Maybe staff should read "OUR MISSION"

SERIOUSLY DO NOT GO THERE, STAY AWAY EVERYONE, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME...

If you like hearing [censored] all the time, you will be in the right place. The sales

staff is very unprofessional, and "Misleading Price"

• Be
    beefeater May 28, 2010

They've been indicted for fraud by the Hillsboro County Grand Jury. Chances are they wont be around to screw people much longer.

• Mf
    mfichera Feb 21, 2011

I have had numerous issues with my volvo xc90 even though I have had it for less than a month! I am still covered under their 30 day warranty which is a complete joke because they still will not repair my car! They said that since I have already had it state inspected and it passed that they are "off the hook". They are such a shady dealership.. they even ipenly admitted that they lie about mileage when they list online just to get the customers to come in! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!

Resolved Empire Automotive Groupto many complaints to metion

where do i start.. do not buy a car from these people.. I went there with 10 suvs or trucks i was interested in.. when i got there almost none of them were there or the ones that were were junk.. I ended up settling for a car that i had not done any research on only to find out when i got home i paid 2000 dollars more than the internet price . they told me that the internet price was as is and they recomended that i pay a little extra and they would check it out and make sure the car was in great condition.. well i drove it for two weeks and i had to spend 1500 dollars to repair it when it broke down.. when i got it back i had it one day and it broke down again for the same problem .. they took it and said they found no problem.. I had to do all the research and tell them how to fix it... then i found out the failed to tighten the main pulley bolts they took out... I am so pissed.. when i was there i met others very unhappy... Oh... i also bought the extended warranty from them.. read the fine print.. they told me i was covered when i drove out.. no such luck.. 90 day waiting period.. after all this i finally got it home and you guessed it.. one day later the transmission went...now my car is worthless and i am 6000 dollars into a car that is only worth 2000 and they dont care or are unwilling to help.. they are ###.. as many people say... Dont buy a car from them...!!!

Resolved Empire Automotive Groupwarranty service refund delay

We purchased a vehicle on june 22nd and were also sold a warranty service wich cost $2095. We cancelled this warranty service before it completed 30 days, like we were told to do, on July 18th.
Today is October 29th and we still haven't received the full amount back.
I have called them SEVERAL times, each time I call it takes me about 2 days until I am able to speak with a person. Each time they a had a different excuse, you name it... from saying that we hadn't sent the requested information (although they confirmed when we did), to blaming the warranty service company. It feels like they are trying to see if we are going to give up on it. Last week I found out that when they sell this warranty service to the customers they actually keep 2/3's for themselves, that's why they were so eager in selling it in the first place.
If that helps: DO NOT BUY ANY CARS WITH THIS COMPANY. They are truly bad.

I hope all these other complaints serve to help the next potential buyers protect themselves from this company.

• Pp
    pp_uu_ii Oct 20, 2010

I purchased the Volkswagen Cabrio and also the interstate warranty from them in Dec 2008. The car was in bad condition. The covertible ripped off couple days after i bought the car.

1 year passed, i went to Empire to cancel the warranty plan i had with them (because i thought it was useless for me so i wanted the refund back), one of the owner convinced me to pay only one more payment, and he said "i will take care the rest of the 3 payments for you and you have the warranty for 4 more years". After the moment of hesitation, i was ok with that offer. Unlucky me, I was fooled by them !! I still was charged for another 6 monthly payments!! (instead of zero!! or instead of only 3 like the ugly owner said that i had only 3 left). I called them millions times, i spoke with person in Finance dept for only 2 times, other than that were voice mails and voice mails and never call me back. I went their couples times, that ugly owner threatened me and told me that he never said that i had only 3 payments left. I told them i would report to police, he offered to give money back to me for 2 payments (but i did pay for 6 payments already). I walked away.

I finally decided to cancel my warranty directly with interstate company, i did it in May 2010. Today Oct 20, 2010, i still haven't received any refund check back. I have spoken with interstate customer service, they told me that the refund check is the whole responsibilty of Empire !!! I called them again, left the voice mails, never got anything back yet..this time i decides i will either file a complaint or go to the small claim court if they will not give my money back.

They are evils in manchester NH. Do not buy anything from them. I don't understand how People can work there.

Resolved Empire Automotive GroupCar issues

I purchased a used Volvo from them - drove it for 20 days and then had to have it towed in b/c the engine was knocking really loud. Thank God I got the warranty b/c it has been a nightmare! More than a month later and my car is STILL not fixed! First is was the lifters, then something else, then we were waiting for a new motor - then they got a used motor w/ less miles, but they broke something else putting it in and now I STILL don't have my car! I've been making payments on it - AND had to rent a car for 3 wks ($900!) then had to forgo having two cars on our vacation and this week had to work from home b/c I am not sure who is reimbursing my rental costs! Top that off with the gazzillion messages my husband has left for the Manager and Owner of the dealership without ONE return call! I'm furious and disgusted with their business practices!

• Cu
    curious_george34987 Jul 18, 2009

Call the local DMV inspector in your area and file a complaint with them. They will do a formal investigation into the history of your vehicle and the dealerships selling practices. If they recieve too many complaints they will be forced to close down so dealerships tend to pay more attention when the inspector is called in.

Resolved Empire Automotive GroupMisleading Ads

VERY MISLEADING ADS. READ THE FINE PRINT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE AD!!!
HOW DO TEY SLEEP AT NIGHT. CROOKS!!!
BUYER BEWARE!

• Et
    etherealstorm32 Nov 21, 2009

Sad part is, they didn't even have a disclamer in the ad I saw. It was simply put, these cars were $1495.00, AND was told by a sales associate there that that was the price, and that we would be paying less than 100 dollars a month. But no. Car was $4500.00, and no less than $200-$250 a month. Drove all the way there from Connecticut, and was lied to several times. (btw, I caught them in the act 3 times WHILE I was there).
    MAJOR CROOKS! False advertising is ILLEGAL! They should be fined for this! I have saved the website on my computer so that even if they DO change thier ad, I will still have proof. If anyone needs proof, email me at [email protected]

Resolved Empire Automotive GroupFalse Advertising on Internet

Empire Automotive group is a real disappointment, I drove 4 hours to get there for a Jeep that I saw advertised on autotrader.com for $6995.00 and when I called they said they would give me a good deal and nothing was wrong with the Jeep, However when I arrived they wanted $9995.00 and the check engine light was on and they did not want to fix it. So if I were you I wouldn't waste my time with this place as they have a bad rep according to many other dealers that I talked to that day.

• Pr
    Princess978 Jun 28, 2009

Empire SUCKS! I drove an hour there and even got lost just to go see a TSX. One of their staff said it was gone last week and the guy that was assisting me said it was gone 2 days ago. Everyone there all had a cigarette in their hand and were rude. The cars on the site and in the book looked really nice. But in reality, they're f*cked up. The book also said "over 250 inventories" - that's sh*t! There wasn't even 100. The staff all looked drugged and lazy. False Advertisement! 100% Guaranteed Approvals. ###! No cash down, ###! Then 6 hours later, the lady Rhianna sent me an email saying that the TSX is no longer there. The message was far too late.

• Po
    Potential customer2 Sep 11, 2009

Empire automotive is a SCAM. They are liars & the worse kind of used car sales man you will meet. Between smoking, swearing & lying you will get an idea of why so many people complain about them.

Don't ever give your money to them. No matter how good the deal sounds. Buy it somewhere else. You are bound to get a better deal when you look. These guys suck. I've been to at least 30 dealerships in my life. These guys are the worst. I mean the #1 worst guys to ever do business with.

One of the guys that was trying to sell me a car looked like he was high on drugs. He kept sniffing too. He even lit up a cigarette while we test drove the vehicle. What kind of salesman does that?

Cheap, unprofessional & just plain wrong. Don't give them a dime. If your a young kid do yourself a favor & egg the dealership. Try not to hit the cars cause some idiot might buy one. But you can aim for one of the salesman. Right between his eyes! That would do them a service for all the people they have ripped off or lied too. LOSERS!

• Am
    ambrosia1111 Jan 10, 2010

NEVER GO TO EMPIRE AUTO GROUP THEY WILL LIE TO YOU AND TRY TO SCAM YOU!!

Resolved Empire Automotive GroupThey sold me a lemon

I bought a car from these clowns and it was a lemon. They had me come back 4 times to make the necessary repairs. Each time they said they were too busy and had to reschedule. I drove 3 hours each time for nothing.

Randy Miller is the President, and probably the sleaziest businessman I ever met. They brought me into his office like it was some sanctuary. He was a nasty bitter little man stuck in the 70's with his poodle curly hairdo, and polyester suit. Of course he refused to make it right, and said there was no lemon law in NH.

Why does the NH Attorney Generals Office let this man stay in business? In his next life he will surly come back as a rabid skunk.

• Ri
    rich boudreau Sep 12, 2008

I purchased a vehicle from Empire Auto and had a wonderfull experience, the salesman Rick Miller, put up with all my challenges for over 2 weeks, and worked vigorously to help me get into a car, my credit was less than perfect and i only had 700.00 to put down.. I did have questions on the web-site prices versus the window sticker price, However Rick explained that all the vehicles on-line were advertised at a reduced sale price and that is the only price you pay! After reading these negative remarks I have a hard time believeing them 100% because both plaintifs actually STILL PURCHASED the car!!! In my opinion Empires PRICING is the lowest around PERIOD!! and thats the only PROOF i needed to justify there profit margin.. I would 110% recommend Rick Miller personally ( a guy who will work for YOU ) and Empire Auto ( for an unbeatable price)!!!

• Ho
    Home Depot Employee Nov 01, 2008

The guy above thats recommending Rick Miller is Rick Miller...###

• Ig
    igot screwed Jan 24, 2009

Emprie auto is absolutely the worst dealership expirence i have ever had. They pay bottom dollar for trade ins and WILL LIE BY ANY MEANS TO GET YOUR MONEY. I can promise you that. They will tell you all the "benefits" that come with buying from them and seem very pleasant at first. But if you decide to make a purchase they will wrap it up very quickly and get you out of there asap. They do not inspect there used cars and will sell them with major problems but tell you nothing is wrong. I recently made the mistake by purchasing a car from them for a price i would expect to get a car off the showroom floor for. Took it to my mechanic just to have a standard inspection and to my surprise it turns out it needed a new TRANNY! Thats about the most expensive repair you can do on a car. The tranny my mechanic found in it didnt even belong in the car and was not installed properly. Although i bought a "warranty" through empire thinking i was getting a good deal for low payments for 18 months. Turns out the warranty covers almost nothing even though when i bought it i was told " This is a great warranty it covers everything you can imagine for 100000miles and 5 years, you will be covered the day you buy the car". There full of it. In the fine print your not covered for the first 90 days and 1000 miles. So i went back to empire and told them of the issue and they insisted that the "warranty" will cover it. Eventually we were in agreement that i wasnt covered after all and that empire would do the repairs and split the cost with me. They told me it was a small isuee with the clutch and it will be about 100 bucks. GREAT! so i set up an appointment. Brought the car in for the appointment waited 5 hours. So i asked if they were even going to look at my car they told me they had and that it needs a new tranny again they will split the cost with me. They said they found the last tranny in the country and would hold it for me for 2600 bucks! What are they smoking? As i suspected after another trip to empire they admitted to not even looking at my car that day. I sat there for 5 hours to be lied to again. Now when i call them or show up they will just put me on hold or keep passing the buck to the next employee. empire has 0% customer service and is no help for anything it took many hours to cancell the "warranty" as well. You know what they told me when i told them i need to cancell it, they said they didnt even know how to do that and said "why would you ever want to cancell a contract like this? hahaha was he serious. There was about 101 reasons why i wanted to cancell but saved the sad little man behind the desk from having to hear my side. The sales manager there is absolutely the sleeziest person ive ever met. He claims he was in the marine corps for however long, and that said i am more than familiar with the marine corps and one of are sayings is that a marine never cheats never lies and respects all property therefore a marine nevers steals. "Once a marine always a marine" is the saying i beleive this applies to every single marine out there besides him. My opinion is that he is nothing but a pathetic girl who left the corps right before desert storm to avoid really serving his country. Its really too bad because he never was and never will be a true marine. He didnt earn the title it was definety given to him or maybe he stole it who knows.###. While i hope this helps to steer people away from wasting your time and money. By the way if you buy your car in mass there is a lemon law. Not in NH. so good luck and empire you suck!

• Yu
    yurval Jun 05, 2009

They are big liers . I got a magazine and the price on the car I like was $3995. I go to the dealer I showed the magazine and the manager told me that it was a miss print out and the price was $13995. After that I go home and I check the prices and realized there are to many miss print outs. PLEASE AVOID THEM

• Pa
    patriotssssssssssssssss Jun 24, 2009

They are ### all of them..They will lie to you in anyway .Put a $1000 down payment on a car and was told for "ANY " I changed my mind they would refund it..so over that weekend I found the same car but better model for the same price plus it was local 5 minutes away from my house versus mass/nh for the warranty so It was a no brainer.so when I went back up to nh from mass on a monday morning to get my down payment and that OLD Mother *ucker..wouldnt give me my money back. he said he had to ask the sale's person personaly if he had told me that before he gave me my money back ..so I said ok ask him and he said he isnt here it's his morning off he wont be in till 2pm so I told him call him at home and ask him ..he says I'm not going to bother him at home so you will have to wait till he comes in.This is still 10 am and I drove a few hours up there for my refund and he has me wait till 2pm for john to come in..so john comes in and see's me outside he asks, he didnt give u your money back ?? all pissed and upset ( part of the show ) so he goes in and ten minutes later he comes out and calls me inside with him..he sits me down and tells me the sad story about how his cousin owns the shop and because they serviced the car and put new brakes and new pads before I picked up the car..they wouldnt take the lost so I could walk away from there with $500.00 in loses OR he would drop the price of the vehicle from $10, 000 to $9, 500.00 if I took it and they would eat the $500.00 .so either I was going to lose $500.00 + 3 visits up there or buy the car.so like a fool I bought the car now thinking about it I didnt happily voluntar to purchase the car..I just didnt want to walk out of there knowing I lost $500.00 of my hard earned money. knowning my kids and wife still needed a car.

• Bo
    bosox87 Aug 04, 2009

patriotsssssssssssssssssssss... ur an idiot for doing that. u should of threatened him with the cops and a law suit. if u didnt sign any papers guaranteeing ur ganna buy the car then they have to give you back ur money. even if u did sign papers u have like a week to back out of the contract.

Resolved Empire Automotive Group — Avoid them

Empire Auto in Manchester NH misrepresented price and mileage in ad. I stupidly still bought the BMW Z3...it...