DVDPlanet.org Complaints & Reviews

DVDPlanet.orgFraud and cheating!

I ordered a DVD collection from them at the beginning of Dec. and never got them. they had NO PROBLEM TAKING my money of course! There goes my dad's $70 christmas present!!! NEVER got any information from them and never got the DVDs. Is there any way to get the money back or even just get the merchandise i ordered...

DON'T EVER ORDER FROM THEM!!!

• Fr
    Freda Morgan Dec 31, 2007

This co is bogus, ordered dvd set for Christmas gift did not receive kept promising but did not deliver. Do not order from them.

• Er
    Erin Feb 06, 2008

DVD Donkey- RIP OFF/ Fradulent Site
    I spent $300 on my DVD's and have yet to recieve the DVD's or my refund. I am lost as to what to do at this point. I have called them every day since January First and I get no response. I have also emailed them every day twice and I keep getting blown off. I am so disguisted I don't evven know what to do at this point!

Mark Van Beek Feb 14, 2008

The DVDPlanet.org is no longer in existance. Due to the hard work of those that got scammed, me and many others with complaints to the movie production companies, and other agencies that deal with fraudulant charges, we were able to get them to close their doors. When they were in existance they would continue to make promises on refunding the money. In many cases it was stated they were going to send out a cashiers check since they can not refund the credit card. This is a ploy to delay the process. Most credit card companies will only allow you 60 days to dispute a charge. If the DVDPlanet can get you to hold out hope for that long, then there is nothing you can do. I would suggest everyone quickly dispute the charge through their credit card company. There should be no question about the dispute, and your money will be returned.

Note the DVDDonkey are the same type of scam. All companies that make promises that are amazing are ususally not true. If it was a normal deal you can get elsewhere you would avoid shady looking sites. Read the descriptions carefully. They are covering their behinds in some of their descriptions that should run up red flags in your head.

• Li
    Linda Mar 03, 2008

I too have been ripped off. I was ordering DVD's not available in Australia (the entire Get Smart series) in early December as a gift. They were very quick to debit my Credit Card but no DVD's received and rubbish written to me in e-mails until January when they stopped replying. Told me to get refund through my Bank they couldn't get one as their Bank had closed?? Told me they had sent two orders of DVD's - I don't know why they would have as at that stage I hadn't queried their whereabouts as I was giving them the benefit of the doubt with overseas postage in December and Christmas. Told me they would have DVD's by the end of January and would courier via FedEx. DVD's are yet to arrive and of course no refund or reply to subsequent e-mails (which were not abusive.)

• El
    Elizabeth McCann Aug 10, 2016

Like all of the others on this page, I ordered the Get Smart collection at the beginning of Dec 2007. I received an email of shipping Conformation and was told I'd have the DVDs before Christmas. My mother is very upset as her credit card has been charged for just over $100 AUD and couldn't give my dad his much looked forward to Christmas gift. As we are in Australia we didn't even get a tracking no. The site had shut down by the time I went to contact them. Like others I had just assumed the site was part of DVDPlanet.com.

• Ro
    Robert Caldwell Aug 10, 2016

Take it I'm in the same boat as quite a few others are when it comes to "thedvdplanet.org". I had ordered "Crossing Jordan" box set, but like everyone else nothing arrived and the money was taken. Still looking for Crossing Jordan 1-6. Can anyone tell me a good site. ( What about DVDAVENUE.TV )
    Let me know.

• De
    Dervilia Gallagher Aug 10, 2016

I ordered Jem and the holograms complete set on the 4th of November 2007, was told it would arrive between the 20th and the 27th of November 2007. On the 30th of November sent them Email asking where it was. They said they were having trouble with the posting and would Reship another one on which would arrive in 6 working days. 10 working days later still nothing, Emailed them again, they said it was to to the busy Christmas season, on the 19th December 2007 I Emailed them again they said it would be with me by the end of the week. 20th December 2007 Emailed them again, on the 23rd December 2007 received Email to say it wouldn't be arriving because they were no longer dealing with that supplier and I couldn't get a refund because the company they dealt with wouldn't allow it, and that I would have to go through my credit card company to file a charge back to get the refund. As far as I am concerned this is the biggest con job online, and I would love to give who ever is responsible a good smack.

• Sh
    Shirley Aug 10, 2016

I ordered a set of DVD's Nov. 7, 2007. They shipped them to the wrong address (or so they said in their e-mail). They shipped them again to arrive between Dec. 6-8. The WRONG DVD's arrived on Dec. 20th. I e-mailed them. They said "sorry about that, we will reship and you will receive them by next week". HA! It's now Feb. 8, 2008 and I have NOT received them. I originally went through a well respected web site--PBS which I will never do again. It's all a racket!!!

DVDPlanet.orgNever got the DVD that I ordered from DVDPlanet.org

I ordered 3 sets of dvd that costs me $193.00 that includes the foreign exchange, and that happened in Nov. 2007. I cancel the ordered, because I never received it. I last e-mail to them on Jan.11th. asking for my refund, and they told me it will take 4-7 days to refund it. It is now passed the dates and I still DON'T HAVE MY REFUND!!! What can I do to get my money back? This is terrible that these people can take advantage of people when we are thinking that the services is like any other company. Help I want my money back!!!

• Pi
    Piper Paulk Jan 28, 2008

I had ordered some dvd's from this company and I have yet to receive my $159.00 dollars back. I have reported this to my credit card company and I will be filing a complaint with the post office. I am going to get a police report and file a complaint with the ftc.

Mark S Feb 02, 2008

This place ripped me off too! I ordered the Carol Burnett series on DVD. I was shipped a bootleg of the TVLand broadcast in a generic box. I've been trying to get my money back as this was a gift. I canceled my check card as I didn't want them to start making withdrawls from my account. I recommend using a credit card whenever buying online.

John F. Gill JR. Feb 03, 2008

Your not the only one,I tried to get a Three Stooges DVD set for my husband for Christmas.I ordered it on 12/16/07 and was told it would be here in 5-7 days .On 1/4/08 I emailed them asking were the dvd's were. Later that day I received an email that it was shipped to the wrong address and would be here on 1/21/08. On 1/31/08 I emailed them with no response and called them with no answer. Thank you DVD Planet for the wonderful Christmas !!!

DVDPlanet.orgNever Received Order (like everyone else)

Like everyone else, I thought DVDPlanet was a legitimate site. My parents wanted to order my brother something special for Christmas, so I found this site to order him the perfect dvd set. The process seemed legit, but I guess I was very naive. My order was promised by Christmas, but when it did not arrive I started to have my doubts. Then they promised me they would express my product, of course it still has not arrived. Again, I thought it was an honest mistake and was horrified to find all of these complaints! This is the first time that anything like this has ever happened to me and it makes me terribly upset. For all of our sakes, I hope this matter can be resolved. Good luck to all and I hope we somehow get our money back.

• Ba
    Barbara Bolt Jan 03, 2008

The DVDPlanet.org is a sham for sure. I too ordered a boxed set of DVD's from them and they charged my credit card and sent me a tracking number for my order which I tracked the day before Christmas. The tracking number told me the order arrived in New Hampshire... I'm in Arizona.

They told me they would reship... What a joke they never did! They dont answer my e-mails.

I'm demanding a refund but thats going nowhere. I can't believe there is no one out there to get them.

No internet police!!The internet is free game for all those crooks. I will never again order from any company on the internet except ones I have known and loved for years through catalogs I received.

• Mi
    Mike Thompson Jan 05, 2008

go to CYBERBIT website and ask for a refund, I was able to get one

DVDPlanet.org — Never received item!

I was guaranteed delivery by Xmas. It never happened. They sent me a bogus tracking number. My package wa...

DVDPlanet.orgDVD ordered yet not delivered!

I ordered a DVD series (about $60.[protected] that my credit card was charged immediately, but have never received the product. When I contacted the company (DVDplanet.org) by email, they responded stating that my order was shipped to the wrong address, deemed undeliverable and returned to sender. I contacted them again via email (no phone # was listed) and they stated that they would reship the order express mail if I still wanted the order. I responded to them that I did still want the order and to please let me know when it had shipped again. I have heard nothing back from them.

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Dec 29, 2007

Contact your credit card ASAP to dispute the charges. You shouldn't have to pay for something you didn't receive.

Pablo