Data Tech Store Complaints & Reviews

Data Tech Storeproduct

We purchased 4 back up tapes and paid $40 to have them over night shipped to us. The website said they had 4 in stock. 4 days later we have not received the tapes and have not heard back from them. When I called he said he would call me back and then I received an email a few hours later saying the order has been cancelled. Very poor customer service.

Data Tech StoreLack of service - No customer Service

They'll quickly charge your credit card, you may or may not receive what you ordered. You'll never get to speak with anyone, or get any reply via e-mail, if there's any problem with your order...which you will have.
The also do business under the following aliases:
Data Tape Storage www.datatapestorage.com
Central Computer Supply of Troy Michigan
Data Tech Store www.datatechstore.com
[protected]
I would recommend steering clear of these businesses and web sites.
Don't get sucked in by their great prices listed online.
You won't get what you ordered and you'll be sorry for doing business with them.

• Su
    sue singleton Nov 17, 2014

I return they product like they instructed --un used and they will not return my money.
    I have been trying for 2 months to get my money back.

Data Tech StoreWatch out

Data Tech Store failed to ship product I ordered for overnight delivery. After repeated attempts, both phone and email, to reach Data Tech Store, I finally reached a store representative on the phone (days after my product was scheduled to arrive). I was told the product hadn't shipped so I cancelled the order and requested confirmation. No confirmation ever came and, despite canceling, the product arrived some days later. My biggest complaint is that Data Tech Store will not respond to either phone messages or emails (I have left a number of each). I've found other similar complaints online about Data Tech Store. Watch out! Don't get screwed like I did.

Data Tech StoreScam

I placed an order for a set of backup tapes almost two weeks ago. Datatechstore.com's website listed the items as in stock and ready to ship. My credit card was charged immediately, but I have not received the tapes or even a shipping confirmation. I have emailed the company twice requesting a status of the order, but have received no responses. Calls to their phone number only go to voicemail, and I have not been contacted regarding the messages I have left. I have asked them to cancel the order, but still no response, and the money has not been returned to my credit card. I am now forced to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

• Pe
    Peter B. Jul 21, 2009

I have experienced a similar situation with Data Tech Store. In an effort to solve my problems with Data Tech Store, I sent them many emails detailing my issues. To date, there have been no replies to any of my emails. I did, after many failed attempts, manage to reach someone on the Data Tech 800# phone line. When speaking to the person who answered, I had the distinct feeling that I was being lied to. The individual on the phone even had the gall to tell me that a Data Tech Store employee had had a death in the family and that was why there was a problem with my order. Really, if you could of heard the tone in this person's voice, you too would have thought, as I did... bull ###! I felt like a teacher dealing with a problem child... "sorry teacher, I couldn't finish my homework because my grandma died, again!" I'll stop, because I can feel myself getting angry, but as a parting shot I will say, spare yourself the headache and never, ever, deal with the disreputable, amateurish, lying-### punks at Data Tech Store.

• He
    hector tagliafico Jul 27, 2009

It happen the same thing to me, I placed an order for 12 cleaning cartridge, on wed jul 22, 2009, they stated in their web page they have the product in stock and charge me $335 including 2 day rush delivered, they sent an email with the order detail and that's it, no tapes was delivery to me, calling right away to my bank to process a charge back to my credit card.

This is a rip off, be carefully, how can we report this to the ip companies to shut down their web pag

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices