Blizzard Complaints & Reviews

BlizzardPoor Security and Even Worse Customer Service

After being a paying customer of the World of Warcraft game for several years, I decided to take a break from the game about six months ago. Upon deciding to return to the game, I discovered that my account had recently been hacked. The account was hacked on May 29, a full six months after the last time I played the game or entered my username/password into their website. The only logical conclusion was that Blizzard 's own security had been compromised. Yet when I made a customer service call to have the issue fixed, I was treated as if I had been an unsecure user. The account services representative promised that they would restore my account quickly and would credit me with some free game time in order for me to confirm that the account had been fully restored. The account was finally restored nearly two weeks later, but I still haven't seen any game time credit in order for me to check my account. In desperation, I had a friend use a "Scroll of Resurrection" 10-day trial on my account to allow me to check on its status, but this method did not work for some reason. At this point, I have no way of knowing if Blizzard even fixed my account in the first place. This could all just have been a smoke-and-mirrors show to con me into paying for more game time JUST to check and see if they did their job. I have made three additional calls to the account services line, but to no avail - their call queue has been full each time I have called, despite calling at different times of the day. For a company making $15, 000, 000 in revenue EACH MONTH, and having less than 20% of that cost go towards server upkeep, this is unacceptable. Hire some more employees if you can't handle the number of customers you have! After this experience, Blizzard will have to do some serious work to gain back my confidence.

Comment Guidelines

7 Responses
    • Th
      Theralian Jun 12, 2014

Basicly I been getting real life threats and harassment on wow, so I decided to send a letter to it and it laughed at me and said it liked it, so then I went to customer support to get it banned, but then out of no where, I get banned for harassment for that person, even though there is so much evidence to prove I'm innocent, they still choose to ban me, very upset that this happend and I started to cut my self out of all the stress that's been going on, yet they are too busy sniffing coke and sticking their pay check up their ### to care

• He
      Heidiville May 30, 2013

I am concerned about the power of GM's in general in games such as World of Warcraft and Diablo III. It seems to me that everytime you need something done properly, or have good advice in order to improve yours or others game experiences, you get shot down with a comment like this; "I'm not at liberty to do that." They are either without power to change anything for the better, or they are trained to shoot down all your hopes in order to secure people from trying their best to keep their gaming experience as good as can be. Because quite frankly, most of the time, it sucks being a decent, honest player with good intentions. On the other hand, if you screw someone over, it would be really hard for any employee of Blizzard to hunt you down and do anything about it.

With that said, I have been playing both Diablo (since the first one) and all the warcraft games with eager, always wanting the newest and the best game. I'm not such a big fan of the Starcraft series though, as I'm not too fan of the high tech, space invader Sci-fi type games. But Blizzard in general has been treating me ok, with providing new challenges to satisfy my gaming need. I appreciate that.

What I do not appreciate is injustice being prevailed upon me and my brother whom also has been playing these games for 15 years at least. He's always been an honest player, putting much care, emotions, hard work and effort into any of the games he's been playing. He learned how to best the games and found clever usage of game mechanics quite easily, without ever shouting it out for everyone to learn and without overstepping any boundaries. He kept it clean and always stayed loyal to the essence in any game.

After several years of being one of the best and most clever players within creative problem solving in games, one should think he knows what not to do, and hence never do them.
      He never once used a bot, nor did he lend his account to anyone else. He always, ALWAYS played by the rules of Blizzard, in order to save himself if there ever would be laid charges at his door for being such an achieving player. But only then, to be treated in such a way as now, to be forced upon restraint from his own account after his own hard work and to be banned without explanation further than this; "You've been charged for BOT'ing, and will no longer be admitted to your own account."

He asked Blizzard why and tried to pick up the fight in order to secure his own innocence. Blizzard claimed then to have evidence showing his BOT'ing, but refused to show him what the evidence were. He felt utterly and completely helpless and screwed over by that. Is that fair? A person as him, spending his own money to pay for his own pleasure rewarded in gaming experience, which also, by the way, pays these peoples salary whom now is denying him his playtime online. His playtime upon he never did anything wrong or abusive, where he played fair and square and never did any kind of BOT'ing due to his own sense of ethics and morale alone. And then to be accused of some deed he never did, without any kind of warning beforehand or any kind of explanation further than BOT'ing charges.

I will explain exactly what he did, because I don't know all of the rules of Blizzard by heart, but what I do know is that when you play by the rules, you should not be treated like this.

My brother found one item on the auction house in Diablo III, which he found almost every day under priced. So he bought them all in, when he saw the chance to earn a buck or two. And what did he then do? He noted down all the different attributes that might occur on this item, and figured out what he could sell them for to make a good profit. Yes, I agree, I frown upon rich people earning money like this in game, but that's what they do on the stock market every day. They speculate! Like he did, but not even with real money, it's Diablo money he got when he tried selling these items every day. Every day he updated, checked in and payed attention to how the market would swing. He did this on his own, until 10 slots on the auction house wasn't enough. Then he came to me, asking if I would like to do it too, for a profit of course.
      I agreed to sell some items for him, earned a nice profit too I might add, and sold even more items. I did it, he did it, but we both did it by hand, not by BOT. And I would swear to anything sacred and holy that I would never ever use any type of addon at all, and especially not a BOT. I've always been a lot conservative about that.

My brother had memorized the items by heart by now, and knew every single detail without hesitation. Because he had done it by himself, without any illegal programming. The only tool he had was a list he had written down by himself, in excel. I've seen it, and it's not what you would call an illegal aid within gaming.

And now, he will not be playing Diablo III anymore, because his account is been banned for BOT'ing. And he really has given up hope of ever playing again due to this. And I am a very caring sister who would do anything within my power in order to proceed in any direction of justice regarding this situation, so my brother once more would be able to play Diablo III, or any other game by Blizzard, without having lost all hope and faith in justice, honesty and decent treatment towards loyal players.

Do you find him guilty? Is it wrong what he did? Was it justified to ban his account based on these grounds and to claim to have evidence and to be reluctant to show them?

In situations such as these I feel honesty and integrity, no matter the amount of frowning upon the method, should stand taller than unjust, unfair and quite rude treatment from the GOD almighty Blizzard.

I would be happy to get any comments regarding this case, such matters in general, support or complaints due to my complaint; as long they all will be free of rudeness, swearing and immature outbursts of any kind.

From this day on, I will stop playing games myself from Blizzard until I get some kind of good will or support from Blizzard. I'm tired of doing the right thing and being honest without getting anything in return. And I will find more places to post this message and hopefully find any form of explanation to satisfy my hunt for justice.

• 1h
      1HVT797 Oct 27, 2012

Don't worry, they probably jizzed in the cup before they gave it to you.

• Tj
      Tj Warren Oct 27, 2012

What do you expect, it's fast food better known as junk food. You are what you eat. Junk.

• Bl
      blizzard mixing error Oct 27, 2012

When I order a blizzard, they will put the topping on top and about half way down there is nothing but ice cream. They need to be taught to mix the topping with the ice cream all the way to the bottom. Thanks

Johan du Preez Oct 25, 2012

I received an email that my account has been locked due to suspicious activities. That is fine, I understand that it is due to me setting up a new router and the IP address changed. The problem comes in that in order to reset my account, I've got to log into my account and they will send me the unlock code to my phone - but, my phone number has changed and I've got no access to the old number. I have mailed [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and they all send out an automated response to log onto the website (which does not help me)

How am I suppose to unlock my account to play a game I paid $60 for ????
      Come on Blizzard - PLEASE HELP - [email protected]

• Pa
      pamela_jarmon Jul 14, 2009

I am upset, the blizzard inc. has taken funds from my bank account and I would like to a refund and there are over draft fees as well. They did this with out my knowledge and I want to report fraud.

Blizzard — WOW Bad service

I want to ad this so every one Can see how I feel . Hi and hello my name is Jaco van Niekerk, I live in...

Blizzard — Unauthorized billing / credit card!

Billing my credit card without authorization numerous times in one day and days following / approximately 3...