Reader's Digest LottoFalse winnings

I received a check for over $3, 000 U.S. and a letter telling me that I had won over $100, 000.00 U.S..The enclosed check was for insurance and filing fees. I was directed to contact several people @ a 788 area code. I suspected the letter and check were frauds but went on-line to confirm my curiosity...I sent an e-mail to Reader's Digest w/a copy of the letter attached and asked them to respond to the letter. I also asked for a list of 2009's sweepskate winners...I've never entered a sweepstake nor do I subscribe to magazines and yet I was winner!! This morning I received a call from India telling me I had a package coming to me for $5, 000, 000.00 and all I had to do was to send $300.00 to cover filing fees, etc.! I've been telling this caller to stop calling me for over a month! Finally, today, I told him there was no way he was getting any money from me and I hung up. My next move? To the Better Business Bureau. I imagine it will pretty close to impossible to stop these people, but the more info. we get out there the better. Thanks so much for this forum.

• Je
    jenngradel1981 May 16, 2011

I recived poastal mail from Reader's Digest with a check for 3, 200.00 and was told that I won a reader's digest lotto and I called the number provided and talked with a real person, I spoke with this person 3 times yesterday. Is this a scam? Check has real watermark on it?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices