Radiant Marketing SolutionsScam - False Job Posting

Actually receiving a legitimate response after submitting a resume to any company seems like a pipe dream these days. I have been seeking employment in the High Point, NC area and all I am receiving in return for my resume submission is fake emails asking for my credit/personal information. The following is what I received from "Radiant Marketing Solutions":

Dear Applicant,

We have received your application for our administrative job opening here at Radiant Marketing Solutions.

In order to be considered for our newly available job position, please fill out the standard interview form provided here.
Upon receiving and reviewing your interview form, we will contact you within 48 hours regarding a possible face to face interview and future employment in our company.

Regards,

Radiant Marketing Solutions Group

• Ca
    carmen1987 Aug 07, 2009

I receives the same email:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your recent application to Radiant Marketing Solutions. As an additonal protocol, we would need you to fill up an interview form in order to be enlisted as one of our interviewees for the position at hand.

In order to be considered for our newly available job position, please fill out the standard interview form provided at “link”.
    Regards,
    Amy Johansson
    Radiant Marketing Solutions Group.

• Bu
    Buttercup1229 Aug 09, 2009

I am located in Oregon and received the exact same response. This is so frustrating for someone who is on the hunt for a new job.

• Pe
    perpetualwanderlust99 Aug 10, 2009

Yup. I got it, too! It makes it hard to determine real offers from fake ones. Pretty much all offers are fake lately. :(

• Sb
    sblakistone Aug 11, 2009

I just got an identical email this morning, but I had no idea that it's a scam. I found the posting on Knoxville, Tennessee's Craigslist. I replied to the email requesting the credit check and said "go ahead, " thinking that it was legitimate.

Yikes! What's going to happen now?

• Ps
    PsychMan Aug 11, 2009

Same thing happened to me here too in WI. thought it looked a little fishy!!!

• Ne
    newhousewife Aug 11, 2009

I just recieved the samething here in SC. I'm so glad I research the company first.

• Lj
    ljj Aug 17, 2009

I got the same e-mail- WHO CANE WE REPORT THIS TO??
    Dear Applicant,
    Thank you for your intent on our job offer and we have read your resume and you have qualified for the job at hand. Due to the recent economic troubles, our company now requires all applicants to be in good credit standing before we interview you.You and 3 other candidates have been shortlisted for the job vacancy and will all be scheduled for an interview as soon as possible. As part of the protocols of our growing company, we have deployed measures to ensure that the company is safe from any liabilities and problems from our employees, which includes getting your credit score checked.

Free Credit Check Here

If you have any questions, please let me know.

All the best,

Sally Johnston

HR Manager

SaraGraves Oct 02, 2009

I live in Wilmington, NC and I've received both! This morning I received the same email from the same HR Manager "John McKenzie" as well as "Amy Johansson". I also rec'd this email:

"Dear Applicant,

"We have received your application for our administrative job offer here at Radiant Marketing Solutions. We want to inform you that we are now requiring all applicants to download a standard interview form located here in order to save time and setup schedule for your interview and ask basic questions to hasten the job application process.

We have created this system in order to weed out fake applicants and people who are not serious in our job offer. Kindly download the interview form here to begin your application process.

Amy Johansson
    Radiant Marketing Solutions Group."

I especially love this: "[In] order to WEED OUT FAKE APPLICANTS."

Another thing I did find interesting was that the link for the credit check routed me to "FCR.com" an imposter site mimicking "FreeCreditReport.com". Thank Goodness I didn't fill out my information!

What jerks.

Good luck to each of you with your job hunts!

Best,
    Sara

• Ve
    Velda Oct 14, 2009

I just got one here in Stockton, Ca. Except they want me to download their interview form. I didn't feel it would be a good idea until I did some research first. I'm glad I did.

• Kc
    kcole Oct 25, 2009

Same here!
    Hey,

I just received your application (I think from craigslist) for our job opening here at Radiant Solutions. Everything looks great and were interested in hiring you so were moving your application to the next step.

Go ahead and grab a free download of the interview form at http://rakata.net/interviewform and send me an email back with the form filled out( I think they require that you enter your email to get it, but its the best form we have come across). We can then schedule an appointment and get the ball rolling.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call at [protected] ext. 159 but be sure to have your interview form completed so we can schedule your appt. right on the phone.

Radiant Solutions Group

• Nu
    null_x86 Oct 30, 2009

###, And I started to think this was legit. I live in Jacksonville, NC and got the same thing "ljj" got. This crap pisses me off royally. Message that I got from the scammer is below. Just an FYI, if the Name on the email doesnt match up with the person sending it, its most likely a scam. The from was a Jane Holdaway <[email protected]> and the message was signed by a John McKenzie. If the names dont match, dont reply and dont fill out any info!!! Please spread the word about this to keep those people who are naive from getting scammed.

> Dear Applicant,
    > Thank you for your intent on our job offer and we have read your resume and you have qualified for the job at hand. Due to the recent economic troubles, our company now requires all applicants to be in good credit standing before we interview you.You and 3 other candidates have been shortlisted for the job vacancy and will all be scheduled for an interview as soon as possible.
    > As part of the protocols of our growing company, we have deployed measures to ensure that the company is safe from any liabilities and problems from our employees, which includes getting your credit score checked.
    > In lieu to that, we have arranged a special free service for our applicants to get their credit checked with the following company:
    > Free Credit Check here
    > Once you have your credit check in place please send me an email confirmation as soon as possible and inform me about your credit score standing and then we will confirm your interview schedule. During the interview you will be asked to present the soft copy of your credit standing for company documentation and proof.
    > If you have any questions, please let me know.
    > All the best,
    > John Mckenzie
    > HR Manager

• N7
    n728 Nov 05, 2009

In Columbus, Ohio and received the same email but with a different name. I've only been looking for a job for a few days and it seems to me that any email with a link that has nothing to do with the business is a scam. Email pasted below. Thanks for the all the posts to help us!!!

Hey,

Go ahead and grab a free download of the interview form at http://rakata.net/interviewform and send me an email back with the form filled out(I think they require that you enter your email to get it, but its the best form we have come across). We can then schedule an appointment and get the ball rolling.

• Ab
    abbiegirl1 Nov 07, 2009

Got the EXACT same thing... however... I knew that this was a scam... it was regarding an ad I answered last week for an entirely different job... I saw an ad on Craigslist.org... I replied with only "where in NH is this position located"? See, I never did send my resume because I knew something wasn't right... since last week I have had about 15 or 16 e-mails from all sorts of different places... most reading "thank you for submitting your resume" or something to that effect... HA HA... never sent it so I ABSOLUTELY and definitively knew it was a scam... EVERYONE... PLEASE be careful... and how horribly awful to prey on people who are diligently and desperately trying to find work to feed their children in this nasty economy ?? !!! See below for full text... same thing as 'n728' and 'kcole' above... UGH !!!

• Kl
    klkv1964 Nov 10, 2009

I just received it this morning...I am in the St Paul MN area. Thanks for the info!

jaynae Nov 10, 2009

I just reeived about the same posting:

[protected] ext. 159

I can't believe this! I am an honest person just looking for a good job.

ancientsgamer Apr 25, 2011

This is syed with Radiant Systems, Inc is a Global IT Solutions provider, with corporate offices located in NJ; we service clients in North America, Europe and in Asia. To know more about Radiant Systems, Inc. please visit us at www.radiants.com. requests you to review the following contract opportunity.

Job Title: Marketing Support/Services
    Location: 500 MCCULLOUGH AVE, SAN ANTONIO, TX
    Duration: 1 Year & 6 Months
    Job type: Contract
    Client: AT&T
    Job ID: 52439

Job Description:
    Product and promotion management, Reporting and analysis. Small Business bundles.

Skills Inventory

Business Analytical
    Promotion Strategy
    Customer Targeting
    Required
    If you are willing to consider this opportunity, please send your updated resume. Looking forward to hear from you very soon as this is urgent requirement.
    Feel free to contact us for any additional information.

Thanks & Regards,

SAN ANTONIO, TX
    1 Year Contract
    Marketing Support Services

Job Description:
    (What will the NPW do on that project?)

Skills Inventory

South Plainfield, NJ 07080
    [protected] X 133
    [email protected]

ancientsgamer Apr 25, 2011

Definitely a SCAM. Also on another web page if you Google Radiants and SCAM together. Luckily they got impatient with my information and wanted my SSN right away. I would not give it to them over the phone. Also, Robin should be a woman's name and HE called me in a thick accent claiming to be Robin when I tried to verify the second senders legitamacy.