PTS TravelDeluxe Cruise Vacation Passport

DO NOT buy certificates from PTS Travel. It is a SCAM, a rip-off!

My friend and I bought the $99 Deluxe Cruise Vacation Passport that's supposed to be good for two people. They claim you'll only have to pay $29 - $129 per person in taxes and fees, depending on the cruise selected.

They require you to fill out a form online, then they mail you another form to fill out, then you get another form to fill out by mail... so that 3 forms that expire if not completed before a certain date.

When you finally get the letter with information to book the cruise, you can't get a hold of anyone. It goes straight to voicemail. I've been calling for a week.

I finally got a call back from a person who left me a message with the rates. They are telling me it is $377 per person for a 3 day cruise to Ensenada on Carnival. I've already paid $99. That's $853 total.. the same price that Carnival offers directly.

I want my money back!! What a scam! They make you jump thru hoops just to get information.

Just book directly.. don't trust PTS. I'm going to report them everywhere and anywhere!

• Cl
    Claud9 Apr 20, 2010

We are having the same experience. There are no available dates, the agents aren't helpful, and there is one charge after another.

• Am
    AMOORE32 Jun 07, 2010

Have you had any luck on receiving you money back? We are going through the EXACT same situation. We purchased this same cruise offer and not realizing it is a RIP OFF/ SCAM. We are planning to report them to the BBB and request for a refund. We bought 4 of these passes for family (=$400)

• Fa
    FactfinderFL Apr 12, 2011

PTS Travel has no association with companies that offer presentations mentioned in complaints on this board. PTS only provides fulfillment services for various travel products. PTS is an award winning company that provides services for thousands of satisfied passengers each year. It is unfortunate that many companies that use PTS services misrepresent the terms and conditions of travel.

• Hu
    Hugo Valente May 02, 2011

Passport to Travel is a total rip off.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices