Professional Collection Bureau / NY Presbyterian Hospital SystemIll-mannered, misleading patient

K

Shame on both NY Presbyterian Hospital system and Professional Collection Bureau!!!

I recently received a letter from PCB about a medical bill dated back two years ago. I called to speak with the agency to both ask questions and clear up the situation. Instead of answers and settlement, I got yelled at by the clerk, accused me of not wanting to pay for the bill, told me that I didn't know any better, and I should just pay the bill. When I ask to speak with her supervisor/ manager, she refused. Over the past year, I had dealt with other very professional, well mannered collection agencies due to my little sister's surgery. This is the first time I had to deal with such rudeness from collectors.

Two years ago, my mother told the doctor's secretary that if we have to pay for the MRI, we'll not get the MRI done, since it's not a must. At the time, we were told by doctor's s secretary that we won't be responsible for the MRI payment, and the MRI test will be covered because she had called the health insurance to check our statue.

Of course, after the test was done, they send us a bill for $422 after they have collected over $4000 from Blue Cross Blue Shield. When we ask the secretary about the bill, she claimed that my mother had never ask her to check our health insurance status. Not only did she not check our health insurance status, she basically refuse to admit that was her fault for not doing her job.

After a few months, the hospital had stop sending us any billing all together. Now over a yr. and a half, they hired ill-mannered PCB to collect the bill, causing another heavy burden on my family's limited income.

• Ve
    veren May 14, 2007

I experienced the same problem

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices