Prism Pointe TechnologiesRip off

I have been a 'Service Partner' for Prism Pointe Technologies since 2003. Service calls never amounted to much until the MPC account. They were always slow in payment, but always paid. That is until July of 2008. I received a check in June and didn't realize right away that I had not received a check in July until about the first of August. Still I kept thinking that the check will arrive any day. I didn't realize there was a problem until mid August when I saw An internet story about the MPC law suit. I started making inquiries. I started with the Partner Manager Stephen Walker. I e-mailed him and got no response. Over the next month I did talk to Most everyone in Accounts Payable. They all Confirmed that I had several invoices that were waiting to be paid and that they would send a message to Mitch Wright the VP of Finance as he is the person that writes checks. I have never been allowed to talk with Mitch and he won't return calls. I have not been paid for calls since May through Sept. Over 70 invoiced service calls have been left unpaid and now for the last month no communication at all. All the miles of $4.00 a gallon gas. Several calls in my area are in remote locations. Not only have they not paid me, I spent my own money for over 2, 000 miles of travel and other expenses they asked me to cover and invoice.

Prism Pointe management brainstormed and came up with 'Lets not pay them and lets not talk to them. How long do they think that will work. I'm done waiting. Its not right how they hurt me and countless other techs.

• Ri
    Richard Lines Oct 31, 2008

Alex... I too, am, or should I now state... "was", a contractor for PrismPointe Technologies. And, like you, I have been left to dangle without any recourse. I'm fortunate enough to have only lost $100 in my ordeal with them, however.
    At the time of this posting, I have secured employment with NCR pending a background check which involves PrismPointe because I included them on my Resume as places I've worked for. The background check company, HireRight, is having some difficulty getting verification or communication back from PrismPointe. And, to irritate me worse, I had forgotten about the Invoice I sent them for the $100, until HireRight asked me for some form of proof of employment, which, I then realized I still don't have a check, and the W9 I filled out for them, doesn't have their EIN on it. So, to conclude, I imagine PrismPointe has pissed off many a technicians by this time, doing them the same way they've done the two of us. Your story sounds legit, and I feel your pain. I'm sorry to hear it for you, as I know the feeling of extending yourself to take a call under contract terms, and expecting reimbursement later/soon, only to discover... the company aint gonna pay! What a Rip-Off PrismPointe!!!

• Al
    almostscrewed Nov 17, 2008

PrismPointe Tech. has a HISTORY of ignoring subcontractors with valid claims! Only a lawsuit will get their attention. This has been done before, successfully. I have no doubts that it will be done again!

• Ca
    cannotsay Dec 05, 2008

This company has no intention of paying. Not only their "partners" but their employees and the government as well. King has filed bancrupt before and will likely find a way to do it again. To date only a handful of employees have successfully been able to claim any unemployement benifits becasuse the company folks find a way to discredit the employees with false accusations. The man at the top is a saleman.. warehouse looks very impressive until you find that more than half of the boxes with parts are empty and only a staging game to get customers. Customers are left waiting for service while the company tells them the suppliers do not have the parts they need, the real truth, they have not paid the suppliers and no one will send them any more parts..

Joe H Dec 30, 2008

I did several jobs for this company and they involved Gateway contract with the dept. of human services. This company is an outrage - I have never had such a bad experience with a company that acts so professional to the public. I cannot reach the accounting dept. except for a voicemail for Laura that is NEVER returned and no one ever answers the phone in the accounting office. I have over $450 in outstanding payments due and nothing was ever paid. I cannot believe they are even in business still. The owner is probably pocketing all the profits and getting ready to run in his private jet. DO NOT DEAL with this company or Gateway who sets up the contracts for their warranty work! I spent a lot of time and money doing work for them and have not seen a dime even though I submitted the w-9 and my invoices and completed work orders for satisfied customers of theirs.

• Ny
    NYResident Jan 15, 2009

I am glad I found this posting and hopefully other technicians will before they take on work from Prism Pointe. We are a computer company in Rochester, NY who was contacted by a salesman asking if we were interested in additional work. Who isn't? So we started working for them in 2007 and did a couple jobs and got paid. The work slowed down and we didn't hear from them until the beginning of 2008 when they said they have a lot work and asked if they could count on us to help. We said sure and again the support calls came in and we got paid. Until May 2008 when the work was being completed yet we were not receiving any checks from Prism Pointe. We continued to service their customers until August 2008 when we pulled the plug and said "pay or we won't send out any technicians". That didn't get us any closer to getting paid. We then tried to calling all their departments as described by others and still nothing. I am ready to take these guys to court since they owe us over $4000, which is a lot of $65 service calls. Does anyone know what court do you need to sue them in? Is it your local court system (ours being Rochester, NY) or theirs in Georgia?

Jay-G Feb 12, 2009

I would just like to register my own experience. I was contacted by Prism Pointe Technologies to do a job on September 23, 2008 in northern California. They grossly underestimated the amount of time the project would take. I finished the job but have yet to be paid. Phone calls and emails are not returned. After receiving confirmation that they received all the paperwork needed to cut me a check my point of contact, Melanie, told me that they cut checks within 30 days.

I am going to file a lawsuit here in California. Is there anyone else in CA that has not been paid? If we get enough people we can file a class-action against them for fraud.

• Ka
    KathyS Feb 13, 2009

A lawsuit against Prism Pointe may be a waste of time. They too are a victim. MPC computers owes them more than $700, 000. When MPC fell behind, Prism Pointe stopped paying their bills.

Prism Pointe is responsible for the maoney owed to the contractors, but they do not have the money. They are broke.

• Ve
    Verticallogic Mar 16, 2009

I am in the process of talking to a lawyer here in west virginia who has had several big lawsuits that were class action status where the result was good and were multi million dollar lawsuits against several companies including kmart. His law firm is called Hammer, Ferretti, and Schiavoni. Here is a link to their website incase anyone else would like to contact them in the state of west virginia. or anyone can call for that matter.

They have always taken their sweet time paying me but this time they have gone too far. if they would have just contacted me and said look we are paying but its taking longer than normal because of mpc I would have said ok not a problem and waited patiently. But mitch wright and lauren, since you dont want to call and explain yourselves to your techs then a lawsuit is going to be what you get. I promise you that i wont go away like your hoping and since i know youre monitoring this website i can promise you that you will be sued in a class action status. I have recorded every phone call i have ever made to your company through my skype phone and everything your helpdesk has said about you and the company is recorded. most helpdesk people speak in a negative attitude towards what you are doing im sure they will play nicely in court.

When I have more info i will post it here to keep everyone updated

• Ti
    Tipster Mar 27, 2009

Contact New Capital Partners - Owners of Prism Pointe Technologies
    James Outland, Chairman of the Board, [protected]
    [protected]@newcapitalpartners.com

OR

Cliff King, CEO Of Prism Pointe Technologies, [protected]

Malke Apr 13, 2009

As so many others have said, Prism Pointe Technologies has ripped me off by not paying for two services calls I made for them on their behalf. My experience is exactly the same as the other complainants - no response to phone calls or emails. Do not do subcontracting work for them!

• Ca
    Can't stand PPT Apr 26, 2009

You guys should go to Jobvent.com and see what former employees have to say about this company. If you fish around you may get someone to email you some good info and maybe get a class action lawsuit going.

Malke Apr 26, 2009

Thanks. I'll check out Jobvent.com when my blood pressure lowers. I was so irritated with Prism Pointe that I put up this Warning to other computer techs on my own site:

• Pp
    PPTech May 05, 2009

As a current employee of Prism Pointe Technologies, I can certainly attest to what people are posting. There is no doubt that the higher ups at PPT, (Anybody with the last name "King"), is getting paid on a regular basis and on time.
    But, us technicians (W-2 Employee) are asked to cover expenses out of our own pockets and then wait 2 months to get reimbursed. They tell us "the check is in the mail". And that check never seems to arrive.

Their human resources department is a joke! They have project managers, National Service Managers, Vice Presidents and countless other managers that seem to do nothing but do conference calls with each other and bark orders to the real workforce and backbone of the company. Maybe they need to start getting rid of so many useless managers and vice presidents and their high salaries and that would leave plenty of money to pay the people that are really working...the technicians.

It is my understanding that a walkout is in the works by all the technicians.

• Ha
    H&Hcommunication May 06, 2009

I to did a job for prism pointe, This company really doesn't like to answer phone calls or return anyones calls. I have sent them a 30 day demand letter, I have also filed a complaint with the BBB of GA.
    Like many others have said, they keep giving the run around. Let's unit and run them out of busniess

• Lo
    Lounge Nerd May 06, 2009

I have received three emails from Prism Point Technologies. The only place I think they could have gotten my email is from one of the job boards, either Monster or Dice. The emails are from Stephen Walker ([protected]@prismpoint.com) soliciting me to do computer and printer repair in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area. Here is the content of the first email I got from them:
    ubject: Notebook Repair
    Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 13:54:59 -0400
    From: [protected]@prismpoint.com

Hi,

I was wondering if you would be able to help me out with a Lenovo Notebook LCD replacement I have in Virginia Beach, VA.

198754

I replied asking if this was a job offer to which I got this reply:

Thanks but someone else already picked this one up for me.

"Service Is Our Only Product”

So apparently someone else has been duped into doing work for them. I then got an offer to become a partner.

Dear IT Technician,

Prism Pointe Technologies (PPT) is currently looking for computer and printer break-fix Partners in your area.
    If you are interested in joining our network of IT service providers please go to www.prismpointe.com and fill out the application under the “Service Partners” tab on the home page.
    About Us:

Prism Pointe Technologies is an International Service company specializing in on-site hardware replacement for Federal Government and Commercial Sector contracts. Currently the PPT Network is servicing over 1, 500, 000 pieces of equipment in all 50 states and in over 50 foreign countries.

www.PrismPointe.com
    Our Clients:
    · Federal Government (Several Departments and Agencies)
    · Fortune 500
    · OEM, VARS and Integrators.
    Prism Pointe Technologies would like to expand our coverage capabilities in you area, please visit our website and fill out the partner application and we will review your application and contact you regarding joining our Service Partner Team that is now over 900 Service Partners with 13, 000+ Technicians and growing daily
    Thank You for considering Prism Pointe Technologies as your Partner and we look forward to you joining our Team.
    Please ignore this communication if you have already submitted an application to Prism Pointe Technologies.

"Service Is Our Only Product”

I am so glad I did a Google search on this outfit. I suggest that everyone send emails to technicians that you know. I also intend to see if they accessed my information through one of the job boards. I was really suspicious with the unprofessional tone of the emails.

• Ti
    Tipster May 12, 2009

Someone is so irritated with Prism Pointe that they put up this Warning to other computer techs on their own site:

Also check out Jobvent.com about PPT and see what the inside employees think of the management.

• Du
    Ducktoes Jun 06, 2009

I'm another tech that has never been paid by this company. I called the FBI in Atlanta Georgia and filed a complaint. The agent I spoke with was very interested. The number is [protected]. If he gets enough complaints he will investigate the criminal doings of this company.

• Db
    dbirchmier Jun 18, 2009

Just to add my two cents, I too did work for them through my company, MPA Computers and have not received payment. Luckily I'm out very little as it was an in-town job. Will definitely send a collection agency after them if I don't hear anything from the accounting department tomorrow. Just another warning: Stay away!

• Go
    Gothos Jul 06, 2009

I as well have not received payment from them. I also reported them to the following agencies. (I highly suggect you do that as well, since with mulitple reports, it will create an unwanted visibility).

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0, , id=106778, 00.html
    [protected]@atlanta.bbb.org (Atlanta BBB)
    The Attorney Generals office of your state

And just because
    CNN
    MSNBC
    Fox News
    all the local tv and radio channels

I don't expect to get paid but I hope to get the word out to warn other techs.

andersonH Jul 14, 2009

My name is Hollie and i have done over $4000.00 in services her last week i requested the payments now my login to site no longer works. I am calling the FBI number someone left also filing a complain with the attorney general office in Georgia and the attorney general office of the US. And the attorney general office of OH. Has anyone file a class action suite yet if we win the suite we can file an injunction to leverage all company funds until we all have been paid. Also am sending a collection agency at them there has to be a way to prove the intent to commit fraud here and if we not getting paid you do not have to pay taxes on money you have not received maybe the IRS can help here they not getting funds they should be getting.

Jamie Bah Jul 21, 2009

My name is Jamie Bah, this company owes me more than $10, 000 for a project they were contracted to do for the Army Corps of Engineers. They are currently > 60 days.

• Th
    thetadcat Aug 27, 2009

I also work as an independent IT contractor and I serviced three sites for Prism Point Technologies in early June of this year.

I sent my billing via their website but never got paid. I contacted the Stephen Walker who originally hired me and he said he would check on the payment. He then contacted me back to say they didn't pay because they didn't have my I-9. Well I sent another one even though I know I sent one before and have a copy of the original I-9 and other paperwork I sent in all together. I waited another 30 days and no pay.

I have attempted to contact several persons in finance and payroll but do not get any response.
    In my last conversation with Mr. Walker he stated that the company was having problems getting a vendor to pay them and that may be the problem.

What a joke!

• Le
    leftclick Sep 11, 2009

Plus 1 for me. This company is a scam. Prism Point owes me $280. After reading this, I feel I got off lucky. They did owe me a lot more, but I got them to rush a check by Accepting a job, but then holding it for ransom until I got the check. So far the only other thing I've been able to do concerning this is get them an F on the BBB.

• Al
    AL SPIN Sep 14, 2009

SO So true

• Tc
    tcrsolutions Sep 17, 2009

We have had the same experience as everyone here. We started doing work for Prism Pointe in 2002 and, despite slow payment, always received payment including reimbursement for out of pocket costs and trip fees on some jobs. We did a lot of work for them in March & April 2008 and started investigating the payment in July 2008. We were able to talk to folks in AP for a while, and even got an email confirming that payment would be made, but that was the last we heard of them. We've had an attorney send them a letter, via certified mail, and they did not reply. I think a Class Action Lawsuit is in order. If you Google Prism Pointe, they were awarded a $35 Million contract by the Social Security Administration recently along with other contracts. I understand their dilema with the MPC contract; however, $750, 000 is a drop in the bucket compared to some of their other contracts. And common courtesy and professionalism go a long way - not just ignore the vendors and hope they go away. If anybody hears anything about a Class Action Lawsuit, please post so that we can all jump in on it and hopefully get reimbursed. They owe us over $2000 and I'm determined to get some of that money they owe us.

• Te
    Tennessee Valley Sep 25, 2009

Prism Pointe Technologies appear to be a scam. They called our company last July. Sent all the official information like they are a legitimate company. We completed the work. Filed the papers. Have yet to be paid.
    They ignore emails and don't answer their phones. What a mess they must be. I've got news for them though.
    We don't give up. We will be visiting the clients our company did work for. Also we are speaking to LexMark about this scam. The work was completed in July, 2009.

• Va
    valleyturtle Oct 01, 2009

I have been through the same BS as everyone else here complaining of not getting paid.
    Prism Point is performing work under contract of the Federal government. If they are not paying the people they hire to get this work done they are in breach of their contract and will lose it. This is what happened to a call center near me when they weren't paying employees all the benefits they were entitled too.
    If you are considering doing work for Prism Pointe, Dont!
    If you are currently doing work for Prism Pointe, Stop.

• It
    itchibahn Oct 12, 2009

Same story here, PPT owes us over $6, 000. Collection agency can't seem to collect. Considering law suit. Full story at http://pcshare.com/Rant-Rave/136-Dead-Beat-Payer-Prism-Pointe-Technologies.html#136.

Perhaps class action?

• Du
    Dustinm Oct 14, 2009

Im glad i found this website, I am currently filing a complaint and sending in Wages not payed to the California Laybor Board in Sacramento, this whole thing has been very irritating. I have been going through hoops for more then 2 months now and they still havent payed, i have left Numerous messages on Laura's Message box, and countless others, but most of the other's mailboxes are full so you cant even leave a message. This is definatly somthing that needs to get delt with, if anyone else has any ideas for me please let me know. I did a job 2 and a half hours from where i lived and was told i would get compensation for that as well, and gas being as high as it was, did not help the situation.
    They have also told me countless times that my Check was in the process of being cut.. once a month and a half after the job was completed, and then again 2 months.. i have also been told multiple times that my case was going to be Escalated to Mitch Wright or others in the Accounting and Payroll, but never have gotten any Calls back, or emails at all!!... and i have been told many times that they would give me a call right back in a few minutes and never got a call back at all, i had to call back and when i did the person who i would try getting ahold of would be in Meetings / Confrences for many days, or wasnt in the office at all.
    If anyone else has this problem wether you too are in the California area or acrossed the united states, please let me know what you have done, what i should do next, or if you wanna combine cases.
    Thanks

• Sq
    Squeak Oct 27, 2009

Just another complaint to warn folks in the Springfield, MO area about Prism Pointe and their extremely unethical and SOP of breach of contract regarding payment for service.

Folks in the Springfield, MO area be wary.

• Go
    Gothos Nov 23, 2009

You all are NOT gonna believe this!!! I like to die laughing!

From: Stephen Walker [mailto:[protected]@prismpoint.com]
    Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 2:28 PM
    Subject: Printer repair
    Importance: High

Hi,

I was wondering if you would be able to help me with a printer repair I have in Denver. I have a Lexmark C782dtn which needs a guide cartridge replaced. I can supply the part.

My reply????

Hi Stephen

Unfortunately I have to decline. I am still owed by Prism Pointe Technologies $240.00 for services rendered on the following dates / times / invoices:

Ticket 197690 Inv # [protected] Ticket completion date / time 03/31/2009 @ 10:20am Rate = $60.00/Incident

Ticket 197688 Inv # [protected] Ticket completion date / time 03/31/2009 @ 11:30am Rate = $60.00/Incident

Ticket 197677 Inv # [protected] Ticket completion date / time 03/31/2009 @ 11:50am Rate = $60.00/Incident

Ticket 201055 Inv # [protected] Ticket completion date / time 05/05/2009 @ 10:00am Rate = $60.00/Incident

Un-flippin'-believable! *Boggle*

• Te
    Techs Arcana Dec 09, 2009

Just adding my two cents as well. I am owed $125.00 for HP printer repair work. Repeated emails are never answered.

Then PPT called me and asked if I could do another job for them. I blew off the rep and chewed them out for not paying me. Boy did she hang up fast. Wish I had seen this website and thought to hold their job for ransom ;)

Then I emailed Stephen Walker to remind him why I wasn't taking any more jobs. Here is the exchange.

(as usual, start from the bottom)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have forwarded to them for you.

"Service Is Our Only Product”

Proprietary & Confidential. The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information per persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. To the extent that opinions are expressed in the message, they are not necessarily the opinions of Prism Pointe Technologies, LLC or any of its employees, directors, officers, shareholders, or affiliates.

Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 2:32 PM

Stephen,

I have emailed to both Laura and Ryan 3 times. Niether one has bothered to reply to my emails even once. Not even to say "we'll look into this and get back to you."

I copied you on the last 2.

the dates I emailed were:

Oct 7

Oct 27

Nov 18

The invoice number is 204096. Perhaps you could be so kind as to forward this email for me, since they seem to be unwilling to answer me?

You might mention that it is costing you the ability to field reps and damaging your reputation among the service reps.

Thank you for your attention.

Kevin
    ----- Original Message -----

From: Stephen Walker

To: Kevin
    Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 12:17 PM
    Subject: RE: Computer and Printer Repair

I am afraid I have nothing to do with accounting procedures at all. Below is some contact info for the accounting department, they can help you out.

Mitch Wright

Accounts Payable
    678/610-4900 x 2057

Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 11:55 AM
    Subject: Re: Computer and Printer Repair

and what about paying me for the work I have already done for you?

----- Original Message -----

From: Stephen Walker

To: Kevin
    Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 9:54 AM

Subject: RE: Computer and Printer Repair

Hi Kevin,

You’re not our system anymore. They may have looked you up in Google or somewhere.

Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:51 AM

Dear Stephen,

I just received a phone call asking if I would be able to service a printer in Sioux Falls.

As I have explained before, I won't be taking any calls from your company until I get paid for the last job I did.

Sincerely,
    Kevin

• Sr
    SReed Jan 11, 2010

I got a phone call tonight around 10:15p.m from PPT to do a printer repair job in a different town. I am glad that i checked up on this company before i wasted my time doing it.

I have been suckered before by another contractor company " Apex Systems ", I am not gonna let it happen again.

Jamie Bah Mar 29, 2010

Anyone else ever get a bogus 10-99 from this company? If so, please contact me and let me know. They claimed to have paid me >$10, 800 when in reality they paid me $2, 000

• Co
    Computer Troubleshooters Mar 31, 2010

Since many of the jobs I did for Prismpointe were for fereral agencies, I guess the next step is to complain to the agencies. Contact the Inspector General Office for the agency (and CC your congressman) stating that by default the agency owes you for the service. My lawyer says that he will gladly get involved and make sure the company loses all Federal Contracts because they are violating labor laws. In fact, he suggests that I contact the DOL and have them fight for me.

Master of Collections Apr 23, 2010

My company helps clients around the nation collect past due money that is rightfully owed to them.
    Anybody that is owed money from Prism Pointe Technologies or any other company may contact me at any time.
    Best Regards,

Fax: [protected]
    www.rtsfinancialgroup.net

• Le
    Lexmark Cancelled May 12, 2010

I sggest you send the customers and their companies letters explaining that the services are not being paid for and that having unhappy techs on your site may be dangerous for your equipment. I will accept more jobs from Prism Pointe, but will only go onsite to protest and try to distroy the relationship with Prism Pointe and their Lexmark Partners and with Federal Government Agencies. Also, I have made an official complaint with the EEOC, one of the Federal customers I services for them, as will as a complaint to Macy's, UBS, and a list of others that use Lexmark printers and services. Frankly, it should be fairly easy to get the Feds to investigate this company, if we can get a list of techs across the nation that have been defrauded by Prism Pointe.

• Si
    sick of bad service Jul 06, 2010

Xerox is using these guys to provide national service for multiple copier contracts that they don't manufacture. Then they beg the manufacturer's or approved service providers of that product to provide parts and supplies. They tell the authorized service providers that they will pay them whatever it takes to get them to support. Hmm...then this list of complaints tells of how they don't pay their service partners. Maybe Bernie Madoff and his kids run this company. Way to do your homework Xerox...

Anonymous in the MidWest Sep 17, 2010

Thank you all so much for posting on this board.

PPT contacted my company about doing a job for them; one of my techs heard about them-- bad stuff. I also Google every company and found this site- which helped us.

To humor them, we told them that we need a credit card before we send a technician to their customer. After putting me on hold, he said that they "pay NET 30." I told them that, for us to give them NET30 terms, they have to fill out an application so we can check references. After having me on hold for a little longer, he decided to 'call back.' I doubt if they will.

We will not do business with this company.

Sorry that all of you had to go through this. But, thanks to you, many won't have to.

• Ju
    Juan Estela Dec 01, 2010

I had been a Computer Specialist for this company and became a worker at the wharehouse and the call in center. I have not one complain about this company. The flaming remarks against Mr. King are not welcomed due to the fact that my dealings with this company had been for over 5 years. I had been always treated fairly, impartial and professional. If you are a contractor and did not ever sent the paperwork correctly to them (as per the contract you signed) then you will not be paid correctly or in full. It is all in the contract. Second all the companies which I dealt with as contractors were always paid on time and correctly. None of these so called complaints in this page show or mention that any one of these parties complaining did any effort to have the company work with them. Only complaints. Sorry but I do not agree with any of you and I am ashamed that such slander is being posted here and not gone through the right channels to allow Prism Pointe Technologies work with you to resolve the issues at hand.
    Juan Estela