Pricepirate.com.auStay away from these crooks

B

It seems things either go well or very, very poorly from the comments I've read. Unfortunately I'm in the later case.

Ordered and paid for a wine fridge on the 31 Jan, and in the delivery instructions I asked that they advise asap so I could book the service lift in the building. By the end of the first week I hadn't head anything so gave them a call, I was told it was being shipped directly from the manufacturer and that "the manufacturer would definitely be in touch".

Another week went by with no word so rung them on 15 Feb to be told the same thing I had previously, so I asked how long should I expect to wait, after some coaxing she offered to 'look into it'. At the end of the day I received an email saying that it was a discontinued line and they were now trying to source one from interstate. We set a deadline of the 19th to find one interstate. Hmmm so if I hadn't called I'm wondering when they were going to brack the news to me.

In the meantime I contacted the manufacturer and discovered that the line was still in production and there were not any supply issues. Hmmm, price pirate's response to this was lame, but I'd agreed to give them until the 19.

19 Feb went by without a word, after no word by close of business on the 21 I requested a refund. On the 23 I got an email to say they were handing onto hte accounts dept for a refund, it should take 48 hrs.

It is now the 17 March and despite them claiming they refunded me the money several times, no money has shown up in my account. I've now disputing the transaction through VISA to get my money back. As I have most of my communication via email with price pirate I'm absolutely confident I'll get my money back but it is a long wait and hassle I could do without.

• Ig
    Igade Mar 02, 2012

Absolutely pathetic online store. Price Pirate are terrible. Numerous broken promises for delivery, with no offer of refund or replacement item. Nobody ever answers the phone and email communication is slow. Price Pirate are useless. They only reply to your emails and never send an update on their own. Price Pirate is by far the worst online experience I have had.

• Ul
    Ultored Jan 12, 2012

Ordered $310 dollars worth of collectables. One item i asked for a refund they said no problem. That was 5 days ago still no refund in my account. The other items have still not arrived. They say aust post has lost the items. They are smart ### rude people one operater in the background could be heard saying its like talking to a brick wall referring to me. They are currently under investigation by fair trading and the australian federal police fraud squad. Avoid them like the plague. They are thieves.

• Wo
    Woppel Nov 09, 2011

Ordered a fan that was in stock & still waiting 2 1/2 weeks later. Phone number goes straight to message bank & no one ever returns my call. Fax is disconnected & emails also go unanswered.

Disgusting customer service. I recommend anyone to think twice before purchasing from this website as they just don't care. You pay for what you get & at this rate it's absolutely nothing.