• Fs
    FSS1 Apr 10, 2012

Absolutely a rip off company. Got charged £46 for basically nothing. Jeanette or whatever her name is, is refusing a refund and will not even pass me on to anyone else like a manager. Is she the only one who is in this company? Has anyone managed to claim back their money. Probably got 7 million customers through forcing them to subscripe to them!

• Di
    Diana1988 Apr 02, 2012

They were also able to acquire my card details just an hour ago although luckily it occurred to me to check the legitimacy of the site and found out about these reviews! what i did is i phoned my bank immediately (hours after ive given the pointshop.co.uk site my card details). The bank advised me to block my card (since they cant do anything about a certain company taking money from you once you've given them your card details) and order a new one so it would be rendered useless. This kind of setting is really unfair as no one was ever advised that money will be taken away from their account. If you are reading this while they have not taken money from you yet, it is best to take action now! for the time being, i'm hoping that no charge will ever be made to my account. if ever some charge was still made, the bank advised to contact them back again and push the matter to the disputes department. Hopefully, the people responsible for this scam be punished as deserved.

JordyW Mar 07, 2012

Has anyone managed to get their money back?! This is a downright scam!! I now have £3 to live off!! I'm a student, I get £30 a week to live off plus a little savings. If anyone manages it please please please contact me!!!

• Ro
    Rokkchic Mar 02, 2012

I am going through the disputes department with my bank. Am writing the letter and filling in the forms now. I can't believe that they can get away with this, its disgusting. I had no reciept, filled in no request for Direct Debit, recieved no notification of them taking the money, no invoice. I have not set up a standing order and recieved no service, or product from them. Fair Trading? I don't think so. STAY AWAY!

• Mi
    missmoneypenny86 Mar 01, 2012

me too how can i get my money back ?

• Em
    Empowert Feb 13, 2012

I've just been done by them as well. They did not make it clear at all and I intend to fight back for my money. What a con! Stay away from these scams artists please!

• Wa
    Wang87 Feb 08, 2012

Same here, I accepted the free trial and unfortuntely given some personal issues overlooked the timeline to cancel by 2 days. They took £25 from my account and refuse to refund it in any form stating that the terms of the agreement are clear for all to see. The latest reply from them read,
    "I assure you that you have not been ripped off - we gave you the service we said we would when you purchased the trial and thereafter when your membership turned in to a full VIP membership. Our terms were clearly stated on the landing page of the offer you purchased. Furthermore, I can assure you PointShop is a very reputable company as we provide our serives to well over 7 million members across Europe. I can only reiterate that the terms you accepted yourself were very clear".
    Not hopeful of a response though!

• Do
    dorey69 Jan 06, 2012

ive just been done, how can i get my money back :((((

• Do
    dorey69 Jan 06, 2012

ive just been done, how do you tackle this, im desperate

AngryBird Dec 25, 2011

I subscribed with Pointshop to receive the free Angry Birds Toy promotion. Unfortunately, they required me to verify my address before I could send off for the toy. I did so but never received any letter etc through the post. I believe that this is a delay tactic to make people forget they have signed up so they are automatically charged the renewal fee of... wait for it... £45!!! £45 per month for nothing! Anyway, being a bit more smart minded than that, I cancelled withing the 14 days only to be charged the £45 today! This was my Christmas living money until the 30th! I logged on and to my shock horror, they had not deactvated my VIP membership. I have now repeated this action but am terrified they will take another £45 next month so will cancel my card after all my bills are paid next month. Have read numerous complaints about this company taking £45 for nothing, total rip off and scam. I wonder how many people have signed up to this and do not realise they are baing charged?? I am now in the position of having no money over Xmas unless they refund me straight away!

• Be
    beccles_cake Dec 24, 2011

Same here! I cancelled within 7 days of the 'free' trial and still got charged £45! The cancellation didn't get processed and they wouldn't refund me as I didn't have a cancellation email from them!! Total, total con artists. Will tell EVERYONE I know to stay away.

Angy1973 Dec 16, 2011

They did the same to me, although I read about the £45 a month charge, I cancelled this within 2 days of signing up so I wouldn't be charged. They still took my £45 & now I am getting ready to fight for it back