Peak Potentials TrainingDoes not honor promises

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Ki
    Kikitravels Aug 07, 2009

Contact the Federal Trade Commission at [protected] to work together to stop these crooks. They won't take individual complaints but they will take action if a number of us work together.

• Ki
    Kikitravels Aug 07, 2009

Like a fool, I signed up for three Peak Potenials Training programs. A few weeks later, and months before the first program, I canceled. They informed me that I had only 3 days after program to cancel and they refuse to refund my money. I wish I had found this site before I attended MMI. T. Harv Eker and Peak Potentials Training are unethical and I hope no one else falls into their pit of deceit. Any one interested in a class action law suit?

• Pe
    PeAkS SuCkS Jul 21, 2009

I agree with everyone ... the Customer Service at Peak Potentials Training sucks and it sucks even more now that they have outsourced their call centre to an outbound company. This will explain why people wait longer and deal with inadequate care.

This comes from someone who worked for the company for a number of years. Your comment about Pablo is not far off. I have seen and heard the number of complaints about him. He has no care for those around him or for the clients that he deals with. Lacks compassion as the only thing he cares about is your money, as you see Pablo works for the Inside Sales team so if he can keep your money within the company then he makes a commission off of it ... hell if he can sell or upgrade you into another program then the happier he becomes as he just made more money off of you.

Its sad and unfortunate the way this company has turned, as Peaks wasnt always this way. When I first started it was a fun company to work for until Harv's morales changed and all he cares about is your money.

In the las t year and a half he has reduced that company down to 40 people (down from around 200) and eventually he will have nothing more to do with Peaks.

So get out while you can!!!

• Up
    upset in balto Jul 16, 2009

I attended an MMI session. I think the 2nd best lesson learned was the jars to manage money. I had heard it before in a book how to get rich with the money you already have.

Best lesson was: Peak Potentials is a rip off. They prey on peoples emotions and do not really care about people or their growth.. only their ability to buy seminars (most of which are marginal at best)

They sold me a seminar (I actually bought two) then proceeded to charge my credit card 3 times what I had agreed to, I disputed it and canceled that charge. When I called the company, I spent 1 hour waiting on the only rep that they had working that day. No help, he transfered me to the business office where they claimed that I had agreed to something different than the receipt I was looking . She lied, I called her on it, she lied again, I offered to fax her a copy of my receipt... she did not want to talk anymore. She sent me to...
    Pablo a difficult to understand specialist. His specialty is saying "Sorry I can;t help you with that"

All that I want at this time is to be rid of Peak Potentials and to forget that I ever ran across such a scam. I hate the fact that I was dupped into buying crap and it took them screwing up my billing to turn my light back on!

A company that claims to care about people and that they opperate with honesty and integrity... I have not seen it. I have seen theft and deception.

Spread the word... STAY AWAY FROM PEAK AND HARV EKER. And if you do have contact, hold on to your wallet.

• Di
    disappointed May 01, 2009

It is not unreasonable to have a time limit on cancellation. I'm ok with that. My disappointment was in the customer service rep coyly (I realized later) avoiding letting me know I could still get a refund if I paid the cancellation fee. In case you think that is confusing, let me elaborate:
    I bought a course and my joby was paying for it. It was all good. A few weeks later my boss said they could not let me have the time off for the course because of a time crunch/deadline issue.
    When I had bought the course I asked the seller behind the desk at the event I attended about the cancellation policy who happily informed me that I could certainly get a refund within 10 days.
    In those 10 days my boss assured me the funds were approved and it was ok to take this course. So I kept it.
    When the work deadline issue came up I was distressed because I knew it was past the 10 days. I did not have a copy of the registration form anymore because it went to the finance office (in a different part of the city) at my job. I called PP and spoke to the service rep describing my situation saying I knew it was past the 10 days cancellation so what else were my options. The rep proceeded to tell me what other courses I could take. The problem was none of those were relevant for my job so my job would not pay.
    When I hung up I thought about it, and did some online research etc. and it led me to eventually discovering that I could cancel in 3 months and pay a $300 cancellation fee. Fortunately for me, I was still within the 3 months. I was surprised the rep at the booth or on the phone did not tell me that. I decided to pay the fee and get the thousands of dollars back. And I am ok with paying that fee - I think companies should have things like that to discourage 'quitters' but since I did ask both reps about my options and neither commented that cancellation could take place in 3 months it does seem unfair because looks like PP was trying to hold on to my thousands of $ in tuition and not really help me.
    I have taken 2 PP classes and my honest summary is they teach good principles but not only fall short of living up to the ethical standards you would expect, but they also have a very 'money lust' attitude - which causes them to have very poor customer service. And I am not just basing my comments on the customer service on these two events - I have had numerous poor service encounters with PP and about only 2 good ones. And apart from this call to cancel, all my other calls have been basic questions about things I needed for planning my trips to these courses. I really thought they would have been more helpful.

During my first class I observed but still wasn't sure if I was right about their treatment of volunteers. But by my second class I knew they were not treating their volunteers right. I have done and seen a lot of volunteering in my life and PP takes advantage of their volunteers - at the same time yes, there are people who are willing to be taken advantage of. But having people like that 'working' for you just brings down the energy.

DO NOT spend several thousands of dollars on these courses just to be stuck in rooms that are packed with over 500 people - more like 600-700. PP obviously makes tons of $ (just think one of the cheaper courses is about $3, 000 now multiply that by 500 (to be conservative) which is at least $1.5 mil. With that $ it is surprising that the rooms are uncomfortably packed. I do not mind people making money but I do mind customers and volunteers being treated poorly. Such overpacked rooms really make you susceptible to catching colds or viruses others have.

And by the way, for those two courses I took, while some of the content was good, I really think they were overrated overall. They try to hype up the audience before they hand out the review forms - a poor tactic.

If you are thinking of getting PP courses try to get similar ones cheaper elsewhere - like more in the hundreds of dollar range instead of thousands. They do exist and those are what I look at now.

• So
    Some Guy Mar 29, 2009

Sounds like you all have commitment issues! Don't commit to something then try to pull out... And this is what Harv wants, he doesn't want people to pull out. Why would he. If you take up a seat then half expect that they can just transfer it to next year, then that one is going to be a flop! How could he fill up half the seats! I don't find it injust at all. Sound like a bunch of whiners to me. Best of luck being resentful!

Andrew Gubbels Mar 20, 2009

We have had similar experience with booking courses with Peak Potentials, currently we are out over $3, 000.00 for a course that we are unable to attend, after being told that we could cancel and a refund could be obtained (only after paying a fee) when weeks later we found that our commitments would not allow us the time to attend we were informed that the time was up and no refund would be available. To date they have had our money for years and only offer us the opportunity to attend a course at some time in the future. I can see that T. Havre has a millionaires mind but he certainly didn’t pass the grade in ETHICS class… I would have to rate Peak Potentials a money SCAM! Most defiantly only interested in making T. Havre rich!

• Su
    Susie Mar 04, 2009

Yes, frustration and disappointment are the words I used to describe my experience with Peak. Very similar to both the previous comments. The course I was to attend was Guerrilla Business School, which I can no longer attend due to a US visa issue. I encountered same rude customer service advising me to sell my seats because, under no circumstances do they refund outwith the 10 day cooling off period. The agent said he would email websites links where I could sell my seat and never did. Other alternatives were to have the course CDs sent to me and considering I paid $2k for the course, I thought "$2k ... for a bunch of CDs ... I don't think so". Oh and I did have the choice of going to next years course instead, and they tried to charge me a further $500 to made this date change.

They just want to squeeze money out of you any way they can, but unfortunately it is completely a one way street and they have no goodwill, compassion or from the sounds of above, no business values when it comes to customer satisfaction. Everything in the garden is rosey with Peaks when things go right, but when you hit a snag, I am very much afraid, their too good to be true image crashes down around their ankles!

Needless to say I won't be recommending Peak to anyone, nor will I give them another dime.

Shame on you Peaks and especially you Harv T Eker. What a dreadful way to run your business!

• Lo
    lorienh Feb 16, 2009

It's quite uncanny, but I've experienced the same frustrating and disappointing situation with Peak Potentials. The only difference is I'm in Vancouver and the course I want, Guerrilla Business School, is only offered once per year in LA. I've been dealing with Peak Potentials about this since 2006 and they have over $4, 000 of mine, which they refuse to refund. The exceedingly rude customer service rep advised me to try to sell the seats. That is my only option.