Pampered Pets groomingAbusive to dogs and cats

K Review updated:

This place is owned by Cheryl Wilbur who grooms dog while intoxicated on drugs. Her place is not only absolutely filthy but I have personally witnessed animal abuse and 3 animals have lost lives in her care. I wouldnt take a gerbil there. I am hoping someone reads this so the proper authorities will shut her filth box down.

• Bo
    bobtheman Sep 03, 2009

So why not call the Humane Society or police if it's that bad? Wouldn't that make more sense than posting on some Web page?

• Je
    Jessica22 Dec 22, 2009

I would suggest a personal tour, be your own judge. I`ve seen the new location and it looks like an upscale spa, see for yourself.

• 03
    'just saying' Mar 27, 2010

I am very skeptical of online complaints, especially one as serious as the abuse charge. I have used many grooming facilities because of living in different communities over the years. Pampered Pets grooms my dog now and I have never had any problems. In fact, he loves going there. He hates when I leave but he is not traumatized when I pick him up. I had taken him to another local groomer and he was actually crying when I got him. The West Main St location was old and not much could be done because of the building owner. I agree, that at first glance, the place was a mess but the space was too small. I have no personal interest in this business. It is wrong to slam any business online. There are better resources to file a complaint. It reads like a personal vendetta against Ms. Wilbur alleging that she used drugs. If this was in newsprint, Ms Wilbur could file charges against her accuser.

• Ha
    Happy cocker spaniel owner Feb 23, 2011

I took my two cocker spaniels there for years and they were NEVER abused. Charlie had severe arthritis and was well taken care of. Taffy was bouncy and loved going there. I have not found a good groomer here in NH and will be taking my new puppy there to be groomed. I think the person who posted the complaint has a vendetta against Cheryl. That is how the complaint reads.

• Ca
    Carol Graton Oct 04, 2018

@Happy cocker spaniel owner Agree

• Ca
    Carol Graton Oct 04, 2018

I have been bring my dogs there for over 20 years...this is so not true..i call b.s.

• Yo
    Yolanda Quick Aug 19, 2019

I live in Lunenburg and I've been taking my dogs to Pampered Pets in Ayer for over ten years and I've never had a problem. I brought our cat there too. Yes, the place isn't spotless BUT it's a dog salon! Of course, there's going to be a mess of hair about. Cheryl has always been courteous and she's done her best to accomodate my schedule when I've been in a bind.