Os Action LineBig scam!

A

They send a brochure that you have to pay for. They then use the credit card info to bill customer for fictitious services.

Back in May 2006, I asked for an OSactionline brochure to be sent to my home and I paid the postage using my credit card. The brochure came and I was not interested in their service so I threw it away after reading it. It contained no invoice, no account number, no order confirmation, no contract. I never intended to buy any service from OSactionline, never received any service from them, never created an account with them, never agreed to have them charge my debit card. Then I left for Europe in July 06 and returned in January 07 only to find that this company and its affiliates had scammed me little by little of over $800 by randomly taking different amounts of my account under different names at random dates. My husband kept thinking I was spending the money in Europe and put cash whenever it was overdrawn. They never communicated any of their business to me, by email, phone or letter (no invoice, no statement, just no communication). They just helped themselves in cash until it went noticed. OS Action line seems to have many faces and affiliates and debited my account under different names.

The affiliates of OSactionline are:

*ONLINSUPLIER GOLETA ([protected])
*ONLINE SUPPLIER [protected])
*ONLINESUPPL [protected])
*ONLINE SUPLR([protected]) LONG BEACH
*OS ACTION LINE [protected])
*OSACTIONLIN [protected])
*BUYDISCOUNT.COM LONG B

Mike Faison Apr 20, 2011

The card had a membership number, and at the bottom it said that it's a 14 day trial after which I will be charged $59.95 per month. I caled the toll free number [protected] to cancel the card I never wanted in the first place. No one answered my call, and there was no way to leave a message. I called the next day, and the next day. Finally a woman answered. I told her to cancel whatever they sent me. I spent 10 munites on the phone with her just trying to explain what I want to be done. I then called my credit card company and canceled my account. They wanted me to change the card number and leave the account, but since I don't know how this all started I decided to leave the bank.

I also read other people complain about this OSActionLine, and from what I am reading I feel lucky I didn't lose money on this scam. Check your bills and close the card if this company gets you.

• Th
    T Harder Jan 09, 2008

Same thing happened to me - 29.95 deducted per month from BUYDISCOUNT. I never signed up for this. I ended up closing my bank account so they couldn't steal from me any more.

• As
    as Dec 19, 2007

Dont go to start talent! They rip you off with other things such as healthy rewards! Even if you dont agree to it!

• Am
    amh Nov 15, 2007

Same thing happened to me. I paid for a brochure (so I thought). Unfortunately I didn't realize what the change was for on my bank statement because I let my son use my card to make purchases on line. It wasn't until I got an email notification about a change to my account. When I looked into it that's how I learned that they had been deducting $29.95 from my bank for 18 months. When I called customer service they said that they would cancel "my membership" and I was told they would refund me for 2 months, which they did. Shame on me for not paying more attention to my bank statement. Shame on me for allowing myself to be ripped off. SHAME ON THEM FOR BEING SCAM ARTIST hoping to find people like me to take advantage of.

I have learned my lesson. No more internet offers for me. You don't get anything for free. Don't believe it.

• Ge
    Genevieve Deveza Jul 27, 2007

I got billed by this site for $49.95 twice and when I received my statement from the bank I immediately researched the contact number on my statement. When I googled it this site turned up. So I called Well Fargo immediately and filed a complaint. It turns out I got a membership from some bogus site that makes websites for you or something. They helped me get a refund but I only got a $49.95 refund not a $99.9 refund. It really pisses me off! I am glad I got a refund as opposed to those who didn't even get a penny of their money back. I hope these conmen get what they deserve! These kind of men are the people who take your hard earned money without consent. Someone should really stop these scams.

mica mica Jun 29, 2007

My services were cut off in April the very next hour my bill was paid and everything was back on... except my internet, no pic mail can be sent or received and i cant get to my pics on my online account! Sprint says its a service issue and to solve it I have to get a 2nd account with a new number which means i lose everything plus they're still charging me for online and pic mail and why do i have to pay if its there mess up right? My contract is up in 5 weeks and sprint wont get another dime from me!

Joanne Gamble Jun 29, 2007

I am currently trying to get a refund from this company. I canceled the "free" trial and was charged anyway. I have called the company and requested a refund twice. I have not received one and just get the run around. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and will be canceling my debt card. I signed up for something else not realizing that I was signing up with this company but from what I've read here their all the same.

• Am
    amy heffner Jun 23, 2007

I have no idea of these people at all but money was taken out of my account without me knowing about it and has left me in the hole with my bank im not happy with this at all

Jomar Tayo Jun 17, 2007

My credit card was too charged with US$ 49.95 monthly. This is so disgusting!

John Hill Jun 12, 2007

[email protected]

This is the email address needed to unsubscribe from any of these. No doubt they will invent many other names, so just ask to unsubscribe to anything that they have you subscribed to and to stop charging your credit card for anything at all.

Then call your credit card company at the number on the back of your card and make a disputed item complaint.

This company works by having all the boxes already ticked when you pay for some low value like a $1.95 item and they trick you into subscribing when you don't even realize that you have done it.

ONLINSUPLIER GOLETA ([protected])
    *ONLINE SUPPLIER [protected])
    *ONLINESUPPL [protected])
    *ONLINE SUPLR([protected]) LONG BEACH
    *OS ACTION LINE [protected])
    *OSACTIONLIN [protected])
    *BUYDISCOUNT.COM LONG B
    *INVETINSUCES [protected]
    *ONLINSU01 OF [protected]
    *BUYDISC01 OF [protected]
    *ONLINSUPLIER [protected]

• Ju
    justin gardner May 26, 2007

Hi i live in australia just wondering if anyone can tell me how to contact BUYDISCOUNT8009303520 they have ripped me off over $150 now its just not right, thanks for anybodies help

• Be
    beverly hom May 22, 2007

I never signed up for this company. I am being billed for something that I didn't even sign up for. These online scams need to go!!!

Jorge AQUINO May 13, 2007

I am in the same situation, I am asking this company continually to reimburse my money but they don't even answer my messages. Is there any one over there that can come to their office and set it on fire?

Frank R. Howard May 12, 2007

FYI - If you try the 800 or 888 number listed at the end of the transaction 8007061681INVESTINSUC [protected]) CA you may get through to an agent who MIGHT help you get this resolved. Be firm, calm cool and collect but most of all BE FIRM.

Frank

Frank R. Howard May 12, 2007

First noted unauthorized transactions on 05/10/07 in the amount of 2 1.00 charges from AP9*SAVINGSMART.COM [protected] CT and 3 for 1.95 USD from 8007061681INVESTINSUC [protected] CA / 8007061820SEARCHINSTO [protected] CA / and 8009309932ONLINSUPLIE [protected] CA / I called them to complain and they tried to tell me that I had signed up with them on may 6th at 11:00. - This is very interesting seeing as how I was at work at the time. The 2 charges from AP9*VALUEMAX and SAVINGSMART.COM have been reversed and I am still waiting for the other companies to reverse the other charges.

The agent at 8007061681INVESTINSUC [protected] told me that the “sign up” was made from IP address 149.9.0.56. A reverse search of this address with “IP Net Info” shows “Org Name: PSI / OrgID: PSI-1 / Address: 1015 31st St NW / City: Washington / State: DC / Postal Code: 20007 / Country: US / Net Range: 149.9.0.0 - 149.9.255.255 / OrgAbuseEmail: [email protected] (this is the address to complain to about these IP addresses ) / OrgNOCName: Cogent Communications / OrgNOCPhone: +[protected] / OrgNOCEmail: [email protected] / I have sent them an E-mail about this issue.

I called my card processing station and reported my card as compromised but I still got another hit on my account for $44.95 by GTI*MENS HEALTH ONL P [protected] NY. Tried to call them but they are only open M-F 10:00 to 4:00 EDST. Will call them on Monday. Now for the next 2 weeks I have to use nothing but cash and that is very difficult in modern society

Best of Luck To All of Us in this leaky old boat

Frank

• Su
    Subodh Kumar Singh May 11, 2007

Similar thing has been happened with me my credit card has been billed for two months. I cannot imagine that they or any can get my credit card information.

Why dont people ban this site .

• Ni
    Nikoloz Dadiani May 04, 2007

Three times $29.95 was taken out of my account by 8009303520BUYDISCOUNT [protected] CA

How can i get my money back from them which i never orders anythings from them? And how can i find out where this coming from and to contact them for refunds?

• Je
    Jem Goeke Apr 30, 2007

I would like them to stop billing me for something i just wanted information on and i want to stop being charged for something im not even doing.

• Br
    Bradley Trigiani Apr 30, 2007

I signed up with os action line, pd $1,95-will pay $59.95 per month after 14 days. After 10 days I get out. Wish I'd saw your sight sooner.

Francisco Ribeiro Apr 21, 2007

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION: They are using my credit card. They had debited U$49.95 (march 3 2007). I do not know who are they!!! The resume of credit card have: 8009309932ONLINSUD1 OF [protected] CA. What can we do ???? !!!! - Thieves, Pickaxes!

Michael Kreutz Apr 20, 2007

Ok, for the people in Australia this is the number to ring 0011-1-[protected] this will put you in touch with them i threatened legal action and to go to a current affair and they now have sent me a full refund i will post when i have received the refund as it takes up to 9 working days hope you all get refund kindest regards Michael

Michael Kreutz Apr 20, 2007

Yes i too have been taking by this bunch of fraudsters i paid 1.95 for an ebay portfolio and got 49.95 usd taken from my account twice yet i have received nothing from them not even the bill for 1.95 they are criminals

• Da
    David Oakes Apr 16, 2007

It looks as if the US BBB know all about these people.

If I don't get my money back, I'll be lodging a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

• Da
    David Oakes Apr 16, 2007

I too was 'taken' for USD 101.oo on my latest Amex statement.
    I'd never heard of the company, can't recall doing any business with them so looked on Google and found your comments.

I've just phoned Amex in Sydney and this is what they told me:

1. The company is not a scam, they're a legitimate business doing a lot of business with companies that sell on line, particularly eBay.

2. They work in conjunction with these other companies, and by the looks of things, exchange credit cards numbers!!

3. Amex told me that by sending an email to them - address as given earlier - and ask for your money back, they'll give it to you! Or else phone them.

4. At this time before speaking to Amex, I'd already sent an email to [email protected] - at least it wasn't returned.

5. I'm asking for my money back on the basis that I haven't received anything from them - nothing.

6. The only businesses I deal with regularly and pay via online are my ISP in Montreal, my ISP in Australia, Google US, Yahoo US.

7. The only other company I can recall dealing with in the last few months is a German company that sells computer programmes, and a Dutch company that sells photo. I paid both with my Amex card this month.

The surprising thing about this was the attitude of Amex in Sydney - they're an honest, legit company they said.

But he seems to think I'll get my money back.

I suppose the moral is before you give your CC details to any online company, asks them if they give your CC details to onlinsuplier or any of their shonky associates.

But it looks as if you all have given your CC details to a an online company and they've been passed onto onlinsuplier.

Nice isn't it.

Best of luck.

• St
    Stephanie Southwell Apr 09, 2007

Same thing happened to me!! $49.95 for 6 months!!! But I called the company directly.[protected]. Spoke to Maurice (#1331) And after threatening the Better Business Bureau on the company they are reimbursing my credit card for every penny! Don't let these guys get away with this!! Call and demand a refund!!! I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, I advise you all do the same.. this cant keep happening to other people!!!!

www.bbb.org for the website for the Better Business Bureau...

CALL Online Supplier and ask to speak to a Supervisor if the customer "care" person cant help you! All you need is to mention the BBB and they seem very willing to help at that point!!! =) Good luck!

• Ne
    nevergiveaname2 Apr 08, 2007

Further to my post 4 days ago I can now confirm that 2 payments have been refunded. I have still sent my letter to Visa Disputes (Nationwide). They can decide what to do.

Martin - if they are taking a recurring Visa charge from your account then changing the card will not do anything (according to the Nationwide, UK). I asked them this - stop my wife's card - they told me it would not stop the payment.

Anyway, everything is now shut for me. Two repayments have come back, I am chasing the other two.

Good luck everyone. I'm still stumped as to how they get your bank details.

Gareth

Martin Brewin Apr 07, 2007

I don't even recall giving my card details to this company. So far they have taken £78 ($150) out of my account. I contacted my bank to see if they can put a block on paying this money out, they told me they couldn't, and that I would have to close my account and reopen a new one. So I phoned the bank up and told them I had lost my card, they canceled the one OS action line were using and issued me with a new card, the new card has a slightly different number on it, so when they try to take any more money, they will hit a brick wall Ha Ha.

Try this yourself, I don't now how your system in the US works, but it is worth the try.

I won't get my money back, but at least I have put a stop to them.

• Pe
    Peter Kennedy Apr 05, 2007

I have the same problem and know exactly how it happened. I paid $2.95 for a catalogue to this company by debit card. Below the debit card form out of your screen vision (without scrolling down) is another form prefilled with ticks in the boxes agreeing to a $49.95 and another $ payment if you send it you agree to these two payments to be taken monthly. If you untick these boxes you should only pay the $2.95. I found all this out before sending the form, then clicked on there terms and conditions then came back to the form and sent it. When you leave and return it reticks the boxes for you (so kind) and you sign up for the two monthly payments. I still need to stop the payments so with a few tips from above i will see what i can do. Bye

• Ne
    nevergiveaname2 Apr 03, 2007

I've only just discovered this problem that dates back to December.

I was charged £1.00 in December and then 4 lots of $49.95. I have spoken to my bank and they have advised that I go to Visa and complain. Which I have done.

I have written the letter.

So I phone the company and after discussion it turns out that they do have my bank details. Neither my wife and I know where they got them from. They even have my e-mail address - but it is one I have not used for over 4 months (I changed it due to spam, but I am on the same domain).

So operator 3233 was very polite and told me that when I signed up (I didn't) - I was supposed to cancel within 14 days or else I would be charged monthly. Cancel what? I have no idea.

After a lengthy discussion the operator cancelled my account and the cancellation e-mail was sent - however to the address that is long gone. So maybe I will not see this address. I have now updated my letter to Visa, but am still going to send it.

And all this following a program on the BBC last night about card fraud and how neither the Police nor card companies will do anything. Luckily you guys and this website were around.

Cheers

• Gu
    Gunnar Kallstrom Mar 31, 2007

I'm in the same situation as all of you. I looking at my checking account transactions and noticed that three times $49.95 was taken out of my account. Two of them said 8009309932ONLINSUPLIER [protected] CA and the other one said FGNTWRK [protected] [protected] UT.

I called the Customer Service Toll-Free Number: [protected] and an operator came on the phone right away. I told her that I wanted this ### cancelled right away and I dont want to be billed anymore. She was very nice and cancelled it right then. I'm just waiting to see now if I am billed anymore, and if I am Im going to be irate. She also told me that if you read the fine print it says that they are going to bill you all these charges. They reimbursed me one of the 49.95 charges, or at least she said she was going to. So... good luck to all of you.

• Ri
    Ricky Lee Twose Mar 30, 2007

I'm having problems and i dont know where the money is gone to, its shown on my statement taken out $49.95 twice from:

8009309932ONLINSUPLIER [protected] CA
    80070661681INVESTINSUCE [protected] CA

And $29.95 taken from
    8009303520BUYDISCOUNT [protected] CA

Ricky, UK

Andrew Mar 27, 2007

Ring the no on your statement add relevant codes ie 0011 dont use the 1800 no it does not work give your cancelled card no and they will probably refund you probably cost you 20 bucks in ph calls but check California time on google first. Also be patient they may not talk good english and be nice... Seems to have worked for me follow ph call with card co in a few days to see what happened and note receipt no etc if you cant figure out rest of no ring telstra.

Good luck, i did get money back

Maurie Green Mar 25, 2007

Looks like i am not the only to get bitten by these conmen. Seems its going to be almost impossible to get our money back. I have changed all my card details. Seems a shame for this to happen as it deters anyone from doing surveys or purchasing anything on the net.Hope someone stops them. Cheers

Michael Creswick Mar 19, 2007

I have just been charged $49.95US ($63.31Aus) plus conversion charges by 8009309932onlinsuplier for a product/service that I have no recollection of purchasing or receiving. I'm in Australia and the credit company can't do any thing for me. What do I do, who do I call. Can somebody please help?

• Jw
    JW Mar 18, 2007

Today, after calling [protected], I was connected very quickly to Alex, operator 3206, who informed me that the charge originated from eBay. I told him I had no clue how that happened and I didn't authorize any charge. He cancelled my membership, gave me a deactivation#, and said he would issue a credit for all the charges that would take 3-5 business days to show up on my statement. He was very pleasant and I had no problem. I will let you know if I don't receive the credits within 5 days.

• Al
    Alice Mar 17, 2007

I live in Australia and have had the same problem with this company! I signed up for the 1.95 dollar thing and thought that was it! But have had 1x 49.94 US dollars deducted from my account already! I rang my credit card company Mastercard through the commonwealth bank and they said they couldn't do anything about it (ie block the company, refund my money) and that i have to contact online supplier themselves. I have written two emails now for them cancel my account and they have received no reply. I have also attempted ringing them on the 1800 number...but didn't get through (i am assuming so because I'm in Australia)?.

Can someone tell me how i can ring them via the [protected] number from Australia? Are there numbers i have to put in prior to ringing that number?

This is just totally ridiculous!

• Gi
    Gill Aldridge Mar 16, 2007

I am from South Africa and have had the same problem, I have been debited by 8009309932ONLINSU01 OF [protected] CA FOUR TIMES. I have no idea who they are and have not received any services for what I'm paying for. I contacted my bank and they opened up a fraud case and reimbursed my account and stopped further payment. They took almost $200 from my account and the amount varies from month to month. This is a scam so BE CAREFUL.

• Te
    Teresa B Mar 16, 2007

Yet another complaint – Wow, this is horrible that there are so many of us. I received my credit card statement the other day and had a $1.95 charge. I could not figure out what it was. I googled the company and found all you guys on her. After reading your complaints I decide to call the number and see what they had to say. I also spoke to a Lewis (same as one of you did), he said that I had signed up to receive a kit on how to sale wholesale products online. When he mentioned this, it did trigger my memory of signing up to receive a kit. The only reason I signed up to get the kit was because I was suppose to get a $50.00 Home Depot Card off of a survey site if I ordered something from one of their sponsors. I decide to get the kit sent to me to see what the company was about. I never received the kit and honestly forgot about the transaction until the credit card bill came.

I called my credit card company to cancel the credit card number. My credit card company said there was a pending charge of $150 showing, but had not actually been posted. He said if it does get posted I can send in a complaint on the charge.

Lewis told me that I should have called when I did not receive my kit. I told him I did not have a phone number call him. Thanks to you guys, I was able to get a contact number. Hopefully there will be no charges that I have to argue with. I asked Lewis how he could sleep at night working for such a dishonest company. He said he sleeps very well. I guess he gets paid well seeing has how every gets charged at least $51.90 (1.95 + 49.95) for nothing.

I hate that things like this happen. I actually own two eCommerce stores and it is companies like this that make people leery of shopping online and hurt the legitimate eCommerce stores on the web.

Andrew Mar 14, 2007

Absolutely have received nothing and are disputing through my credit card company in Australia. If its too good to be true it usually is.

• Kr
    Krys Leon Mar 12, 2007

Had the same problem, they scammed $100US from my card. I made the choice to call them. At least it didn't take long to get through considering I called them at 1am US time. ( I don't even live in the states).

If you just stay cool and try and remain polite you don't get hung up on. (Not that I make it a hobby to call these lying ###, but just try and stay cool.) I'm glad to see the backs of them though I'm still yet to see if they continue to charge my card next month.. All the best to the rest of you.