Odum Concrete / TKM MaterialsWorked and never received pay for my time

G

I put a resume in at odum concrete on or around july 10th.On july 13th (Tim Odum) owner of Odum concrete called me and asked me to come in the next day and ride with a worker to see if I would be interested in a job hauling rock, sand to his redi-mix plants in his semi truck!On july 14th I arrived at Odum redi-mix in marion plant at 6:30am !I was told the guy I would be riding with would be back soon?At 7:00am I was told by the driver of his truck that I would be driving the truck and doing everything as a worker to see if I wanted and or had the experince for the job!So I started driving and delivering loads to his marion redi-mix!The guy training me said that I would be driving all day til 5pm!So I assumed that I was going to get hired or paid for that 10 hrs of work that I work??Well when I went in to the office around 5pm I talked to Tim Odum and he said I would have to get my D O T physical renewed and then call him!I said ok .Then I asked if he paid for the physical he said no!Then I asked if he was going to pay me for the 10 hrs of work for that day and he said that he couldnt because he never hired me yet?So I said well I will try and get in the next day for a physical and then call him when I get it!So the next day went for D O T physical costing me $125 that I didnt really have to spend.Because being laidoff of my previous job and trying to make ends meet with 3 kids and and drawing unemployment!Furthermore I called Mr. Odum the next day and told him I had my physical done !And he told me that he had done hired someone else for the job.And I just said you told me to get physical and then call you and Mr.Odum hung up the phone on me!