Nu-Facers Kitchens by Carra DesignsDangerously shoddy workmanship!

L

They remodeled my kitchen 2 years ago, and the work was shoddy, sloppy and they refused to acknowledge their errors. I had 7 kitchen cabinet glass doors installed, and because of an error they made in placing the hinges, the doors were attached in a manner that was jury-rigged and much less sturdy than they were originally.

Even worse, the glass on the doors was so poorly attached that within 2 months 3 out of 7 came loose, one of them shattering on my ex-husband's head. I successfully sued them in small claims court last year and won about $1000.
Then, just last weekend, another glass pane fell and shattered when I opened the door. Thank goodness my 5-year-old daughter was not nearby--she could have been blinded or maimed. I received a cut on my hand. When I called Nu-Facers to complain, their response was typical—in effect, you sued, we paid, no more liability--that's it.
I took the door to another company to have it repaired, and they were shocked to see that the simplest addition--small metal "tacks," the kind that are used on to hold the backboards of framed pictures in place--weren't used to support the glue. This firm advertises regularly in the NY Times, which give them a certain credibility. But their work and their attitude is horrendous, and that should be known to the public.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices