Nick's Building Supply — doors failed on warranty
I have purchased 2 interior doors from Nicks Building with jambs and moldings, everything stained. The order arrived on time but then the story began.
The trim was suppose to be oak (clearly stated in the order), but it was some lightest wood I've ever seen. I complained - they were surprised the oak trim even got ordered, because they don't stock it anymore. They refunded me money - good, but why nobody raised this - instead they silently sent me the wrong thing.
Another surprise. The website claims they manufacture the doors in their facility, but my interior mahogany doors have a stamp - "Made in Malaysia".
3 months later after installation. The doors dried out at the room temperature (I guess it was very humid in Malaysia) and cracked. About 1/16'' to 1/8'' on multiple joints. I called to complain, sent pictures. Manager was surprised - mahogany doors usually don't crack and asked me to wait few weeks to see if cracks will close. I waited 2 more months - they did not close. I called them up, they asked for more pictures. Finally after not responding for few weeks I got a hold of manager and he claimed this is normal for the doors. Opps. Why don't they just dry the wood before making the doors?
Would anybody order a door knowing you will see a crack after a few months?? I wouldn't.
Just consider this when you order from this company.
More Nick's Building Supply Complaints & Reviews
- NicksBuilding.com - Doors are falling apart!
- NicksBuilding.com - Double Door
- Nick's Building Supply - Major problems with custom ordered door
- Nicks Building Supply, Inc. - Poor customer support and unhappy with product
- Nick's Building Supply - Excellent product
- Nicks Building - doors
- Nick's Building Supply - doors service
- Nick's Building Supply - external door - customer service
- Nick's Building Supply - defective $2500 door