My Online DepotNever Received Product - Scam

Beware of this site! I saw a piece of exercise equipment listed on Craigslist. Two weeks later I received an email stating that the equipment was now available online and they directed me to their website. The website is convincing - beware! They requested payment with MoneyPak; received a few emails from them after payment, then the website went down and follow-up emails were undeliverable. Any suggestions to stop this scamming?

christy griffin Apr 30, 2010

i to lost 600 on a swing set for my daughter when i found the website and seen what good deals they had i passed the word around man do i feel bad now.i also sent a green dot money pack.they sent me a email after my payment and then i never herd anything else from them

• Go
    gonzales518 Mar 14, 2010

Camou20 please let me know if you find out anything...also out 645 for swingset

• Ca
    Camou20 Mar 09, 2010

we are out 600 for a swingset also... but im following up with an investigator since they do have a number, they have to have a landline which will have an owners name... We are so mad... If i do find out, I will post it!

• On
    onesaint Mar 03, 2010

About to purchase a Elinchrom battery from them. Same scam, ad on craigslist then a late emil directing me to affordabledepot.com. Im skeptical, so I wanted to make sure my payment method could be refunded if they pulled a fast one. On the site they say they accept google checkout. I emailed them multiple tiems to get the address for google checkout to verify, but never received a response. Thanks for this site and the posts, now I know its too good to be true! Dang what a deal though.

• Ln
    lnldalinghau10 Feb 26, 2010

Thanks for the information. We were just about ready to purchase a 600.00 swing set. We had it in the cart and ready to pay and i said this still seem so cheap to styles like this sold elsewhere and suggested we check out their accredibility. Wow so glad I did. Thanks for the posts!

• Tm
    tmhartman Feb 20, 2010

We were also scammed out of $600 for a play set. This was supposed to be our daughter's birthday present. It seems that these people change websites monthly. If I can keep one person from being scammed--that would make the sting a little less! We also are more upset with ourselves--we tried to research the site, but at that time, there were no complaints. We should have known better! Now we have had to spend a total of almost $2000 to get a play set!

• He
    HeSaves Feb 19, 2010

Thank you for posting your experience. It saved me. I too saw a TC5000 on craigs list sent an email inquiring about the equipment because I was skeptical because the price was 1/3 of what I had ever seen.

A few days later, I received a response directing me to a web site (http://www.affordabledepot.com) where I almost ordered the TC5000.

However, before making the purchase I tried to call their customer service number. Of course, I did not get a live person but a voice box. I then tried to find them on the BBB site as "Affordable Depot or MyOnline Depot" with no success.

I would just caution, "buyer beware".

• Bs
    BS82 Feb 18, 2010

Thank you for posting this!

I was just about to order an $800 treadmill from a company called "affordabledepot.com" (their answering system answers as "my online depot"). It happened just as you said, craigslist posting, received an email from the company about 2 weeks later and they are requesting payment by loading up a moneypak then sending over the activation code.

Beware, they are using the name "affordabledepot.com" now.

• Am
    amurren Feb 16, 2010

I have no suggestions, but we are out $600 for a swingset. My husband and I are so angry - probably more at ourselves because we weren't smart enough to realize it was too good to be true!