My Computer Clubmisleading and unauthorized charges

I was on this website reviewing financing options. I was reviewing information on becoming a member. I had input my card info and I was ok with this because the website stated that my card would not be charged until I placed my "order." Apparently my membership was my "order", and within less than 5 minutes my card was charged $44.50. I called my bank right away and also emailed the company at the address provided of [protected]@mycomputerclub.com. My bank advised that the payment was already debited. Yahoo responded hours later advising that the address provided was invalid and the message was not able to be delivered. I called the number provided for cancellation and spoke with a very rude "customer service rep" who did not at all like that I was cancelling my membership. She told me she put the order in for cancellation and gave me a cancellation number. 48hrs later the $44.50 charge was credited to my account, but my bank advised me that there was a recurring charge listed from this company. Funny because I cancelled my entire membership; why else would I ask for a refund of the membership charge? So I had to put a block on my bank account to ensure they do not take any further unauthorized charges from my account. I'm also not ruling out cancelling my card and getting a new one. Please beware of this company. The info they provide is vague and misleading and they will do anything to make sure they get your money. Most surely I will be reporting them to the BBB.

More My Computer Club Complaints & Reviews

• Sw
    SweetMizzChevy May 11, 2010

So in addition to my original message, I filed a complaint with the BBB and the contact info listed on their website is different from whats listed on the mycomputerclub.com website. Both addresses are in San Diego, CA, but the street address and email address are different. Also this company is NOT a BBB approved company. Shady business if you ask me.