Mississippi State TrooperRip off

H

I'm driving on Highway 78 in Marshall County, MS and I drive up on a State Trooper who is holding back traffic for no apparent reason so I ride behind for about 10-minutes. We are initially driving 68mph, then we slow to 62mph, then back up to 65mph back to 62 up to 68 and so on, when I get the chance I speed up to 70 and start to pass. I get a blue light flash but I go ahead and pass going dead on 70 with the cruise engaged. The blue lights come on and he pulls me over saying I was doing 73 in a 70 and wrties me a ticket. Why?

• Ta
    Tall David Jun 27, 2010

You were not "ripped off" because you went 3 miles over when you past the officer. I don't care what the cruise control said. You were better off letting the officer conduct his business. So you could go under the speed limit. Why didn't you go 65 when you past instead of speeding up to 70?

You could always inquire internal affairs to see the report of why you were pulled over but instead you got a speeding ticket because you had a little frustration at the state trooper conducting whatever business he was out there for. Next time be patient so you don't get a ticket, or worse. The State Trooper is right regardless of what you believe. If his speed gun reads 73 you were over. He could have gotten anybody else but since you were so quick to pass he got you.

• Da
    Daisy Mariposa Jan 19, 2010

Do you know what "rip off" means?

Do you know the definition of the term?

How were you ripped off?

Venting one's anger is OK, but why did you post your message on the Complaints Board?