Micah KitchensPoorly designed-installed kitchen cupboards

I

I refitted my entire kitchen to the value of R70 000 (fitted 31 Oct 2007) and experienced a very poor service and extermely dismissive and rude attitude from variouos parties within the company.
1 - During the installation the installer picked an argument with my spouse because she dared address the fact that the island cupboard were not alligned properly (not parallel to the wall). This resulted in the installer damaging the marble top and we had to accept it being patched.
2 - Groceries cupboard was supposed to be split to accomodate a microwave oven in the middle. This was NOT done and I was simply ignored when I queried this with the sales representative.
3 - Less than 2 years later, the one tall grocery cupboard failed (catastrophically) when the side panel gave way. Inspection revealed that the side panel, the door, all racks as well as the contents were suspended by only 4 retention screws. NO footplate.
4 - When I approached the company and pointed out, IN THEIR SHOWROOM, that the side panel of ALL the cupboards on display extended from the floor to the top, it was said that it differs from my installation. Absolute nonsense!!! R2000 repair quote - I fixed it myself!

• Ne
    never again customer Oct 24, 2011

I also had a kitchen done with Micah and it was a nightmare from dishonesty ie they do use
    contractors to shody workmanship and poor skills

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices