Matthew G. HartmanScam

B

MATTHEW AND HIS GIRLFRIEND JENNIFER SCAMMED ME OUT OF $200 FOR A SAGE GREEN SECTIONAL. I PAID THEM A DEPOSIT BACK IN FEBRUARY AND I HAVE NOT TO THIS DAY RECIEVED THE SECTIONAL AND OR REFUND. IT’S SAD WHEN YOU GET SCAMMED AND TRUST THESE PEOPLE. I HAVE PURCHASED ALOT FROM CRAIGSLIST OVER THE YEARS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN SCAMMED UNTIL THIS SCAMMER AND HIS GIRLFRIEND. I’M SURE THEY ARE MORE OF US OUT THERE. HE WAS DRIVING A WHITE HUYNDAI. I’VE TRIED CALLING AND EMAIL HIM BUT NO ANSWER.

• Mh
    MH2000 Jun 04, 2013

I just saw this post and while I am sorry if you did not receive your funds, they were sent back to you in good faith. I did take the 200 deposit from you and you agreed to pick up the sofa in a timely manner. After approximately 3 weeks you still had not picked up the sofa despite assurances it would be done. I was then forced to head to San Antonio with Jennifer to deal with a family situation as I explained to you in an email and asked for your address to refund the 200. You said you preferred cash or money order to which I said no problem and that I would send it out. I gave Jennifer the 200 and she purchased a money order and sent it to you at the address you had provided in the email. I saw the money order and receipt as well as made sure the address was correct. I received your threatening call and nasty email about a week and a half later. I responded to the email saying the money order was already send a week ago. The money order showed as cashed so I assume you were trying to scam me. If for whatever reason it did not reach you I apologize, however everything was done in good faith on my end. I would not have given you my real name nor provided a response to your email if I was trying to scam you. I would check with your boyfriend who you threatened to have come and "take care of me" if he took the money order and cashed it. I also have used craigslist numerous times and have always had success both selling and buying. Interesting that no one else claims to be scammed if I was such a scammer. I will have to find the receipt but can likely provide you with the money order numbers to prove it was issued and cashed.