Maronda Homesdeception

D Aug 22, 2019

On 3/30/19 we placed a $5, 000 deposit with Maronda Homes. We explained what we were looking for and we thought that we found the property but it wasn't the kind of canal we were looking for. Our agent Marie Genard lead us to believe the entire time that the deposit could be refunded. It was going to take 12 months to build and they would not start working on it for months. We advised Marie that we didn't want the land and they had not started working on it so Marie had her friend in Real Estate look for land for us but they were to expensive so we asked her to stop looking. Marie said she would look and she sent us a few but they were too expensive also. During these months I asked Marie for the deposit back and she kept saying to wait or didn't even respond to me. I received an e-mail from Roger Riddle stating they were not going to refund the money and I should have read the contract. He also stated that if I go to the news they would come after me for 20% of the purchase price. We never receeived a contract at the time we signed. Marie was going to send it to us. They recently completed the home and put it on the market to sell. If Marie didn't inform Maronda Homes that we cancelled before the work started we should not be held responsible. There is no reason we shouldn't get the $5, 000 back.