Marine Partsfinders Inc / Marineparts.comFraud & cheating!

P

At the end of April I ordered and paid for a rebuilt lower unit for my Yamaha outboard boat engine from Marine Partsfinders Inc . May 1 my credit card was charged for $1805.00 including shipping and a core charge for the return of the old part. It was supposed to be delivered in 7-10 days.

After a month of excuses about the gears for the gear case being back ordered from Yamaha I canceled the order at Marineparts.com and was able to obtain the boat parts directly from Yamaha overnight. Hmmm... What’s the deal with that?

Marineparts.com didn't refund me for 7 weeks and then only a partial refund of $1476.00 when forced to by my credit card company. They charged an 18 % restocking fee on something they never had in stock and to add insult to injury they charged 18 percent on the shipping and the core charge as well. I am out $329.00.

I ordered by phone and was never told about a restocking fee! There wasn't any restocking! There was no shipping, no core charge, because they never had the parts to begin with!

Beware when dealing with this outfit, I feel they are not trustworthy and I've been ripped off for 329.00!