MAC ConstructionScammers and liars

B

I contracted Mac & I to remodel my moms kitchen and bath. He was given 3/4 of the cost of the job and was given $5, 760 to purchase the kitchen appliances on 10/21, for 2 months he's had excuse after excuse, but the reality is, he never purchased the appliances and he's spent the money so the job has been on stand still since 12/23 and what is done is a mess since most of his workers quit because he did not pay them. My mom is 78, I have MS and there seems to be nothing that can be done, I contacted a lawyer who informed me it might take 3 years. This man has stolen my money for goods he did not supply, is there nothing I can do?