Lycatel Distribution UK Ltdchallenger phone card won't work

K

I bought a Challenger phone card at £5. Normally I should get at least 140 minutes calling Zambia from England. I made the first call and I talked for 17 minutes and when I tried to make a second call the credit was quoted insufficient! I called customer services twice and each time I was told to call in 6 hours because apparently my calls were not updated yet.
It was like talking to a machine that repeats please call back, please call back.
I would advice not to buy them.

challenger phone card won't work

• Ri
    RizPolat May 06, 2013

i bought 2 card, each one £5(called Eurocall).when I bought them, I asked any good card for Turkey. the Shop advice it. They told a few hundred minutes call for Turkey. When I dialled it, operator told I have 36 minutes credit. I chatted my family a couple of minutes, then my credit drops 22 minutes. That is rubbish and thieves. I phoned their useless customer service, but a indian gay like robot, not help at all. I am asking Ofcam investigate .Mr R.Polat [email protected]

Anderson21 Jun 14, 2011

When you buy a calling card, you are effectively purchasing calling credit; the credit on the card is then used to pay for the connection and termination of the call. I am regular user of Lyca cards and am happy with the service rendered; please note that the minutes may vary depending on the access number dialled. Example if you call a toll-free or freephone access number the calling card credit will be used to pay for the whole call. If you call an access number which is not a zero-charge number, you will end up paying for local, national call to the provider with which you made the call. To make it simple to benefit the most out of the card the less number of calls/days you use the card the maximum minutes you get.

• Fc
    fcklyca Apr 12, 2011

Lyca are nothing but vile [censor] they offer no help when you call there customer service, the service is a complete joke Overseas staff who can understand a word you say avoid them at all costs

• Wi
    !Wilson Mar 19, 2011

Lyca cards are good, depending on your needs, i happened to call them as well was advised on a product called lycatalk, really good service with fixed call charges and the best part is they have no hidden charges, balance is life time valid. Have access to top up 24/7 very handy when your credit runs out..have recommended all my friends to use lyca account. visit www.lycatalk.com and select UK hope this might help you.

• Ca
    carol25 Apr 27, 2010

Yes they are a scam!!! Dont buy them

• Ko
    kolo Mar 12, 2010

then they had the nerve to propose other services such as give in my debit card details buy more calling minutes!