LowRateVoipScam and cheating!

I purchased some credit from lowratevoip service to call abroad, they offer free service to call few countries and charge for others. but in one day time, i found their service is absolutely useless i tried 100 times but connected for two or three times. and after one day they have started charging me 10 times more charges than other VOIP services naming it fair use policy! (although they don't mention on their website that how many hours are allowed in free calls). Their service is useless, and they have mentioned on their website that these countries are free and and after one or two hours they charge 10 times more than others.

This website cheats the people!

• Di
    Diyuan Li Feb 05, 2008

Yes, I aslo find this problem. They are cheating us and there is no way for us to complaint it! They say for Chinese mobile it is free in 30 days but in fact one day after I bought the credit it's not free at all. And if we use phone 2 phone call, it's more expensive than normal rate. Maybe 2 or 3 times than normal rate. But they don't give any instructions on their website!

• Ki
    Kimsecik Mar 07, 2008

Yes sometimes they eat your money, but open another account and use that. You won't find a cheaper program. I've used their most products. internetcalls.com voipbuster.com voipstunt.com lowratevoip.com voipwise.com And I've saved a fortune.

• Mi
    Mike Apr 03, 2008

I was unhappy initially as I did not see all the smallprint, but ever since it has been a life saver. To call internationally from South Africa is extremely expensive, so discovering lowratevoip was a lifesaver.

Sometime the calls drop, or can't connect, but on the whole - great for calling friends and family.

For business calls I recommend still using a normal phone as the quality is more predictable.

• Un
    Unhappy 24 Fan Apr 04, 2008

I also cheated by lowratevoip ! after free days, they charged me Euro 0.03/Min to malaysia mobile but the rate should be Euro 0.01 after free days !!!

Who should i complain to ? they never reply email and there is no contact number !!

POOR SERVICE !!!

• Im
    Imran Apr 21, 2008

hi

since three days i m having problem that i cant use lowrate voip, when i m going to place call it showed me the message that " Sorry, You are not allowed to make this call" please someone can help me to find out how to solve this issue.

regards

Imran

• Om
    Om Prakash Jangid Apr 24, 2008

My name is OM PRAKASH JANGID I purchased 10 euro from my National Bank of Abu Dhabi Debit Card
    I talk only 1.88 euro still I have a balance of 8.12 euro but I cannot call any more. It says you are not allowed to call. Please help me.

• Al
    alzaaeemi Apr 28, 2008

I purchased some credit from lowratevoip to call abroad, they offer free service to call few countries and charge for others. I spent half of my credit in 2 days and i got 30 days free charges for some countries. but i found their service is absolutely useless because of my rest credit is gone and there is no free call ... and also i'm wondring why some friends of mine got 30 days free charge to call few countries and thier rest of credit never gone

• Mi
    Michael Apr 30, 2008

First month seemed ok but this company started to charge for calls that were free.

I bought another 10euros which included freedays and freecalls.
    Every call I made in free countries and freedays were charged at the rates.

What an absolute con. I have emailed their departments and heared nothing numerous times. This company is a scam.

• Za

4) please give me my home number free 0092928505585

thanks a lot

• Al
    Ali shah May 30, 2008

Lowrate has no contact number.. no complain number.. I bought credit by credit card and I use just 5 min.. then next day its not working.. and show error ..
    thay r making fool..

jamal Sep 13, 2008

ukrukuk6

• Zi
    ziad Nov 08, 2008

I transferred 10 Euro from my account using Visa electron card when I check my account I surprised they deducted AED197.5 . And the rate is 1 Euro = 4.68542 Utd. Arab Emir. Dirham. That mean the transfer amount should be not more than AED 50

I tray to find their mail address but I didn’t success

if you read this complain Pleas explain and refund the extra amount or add it to my account. also those problem:
    1. Starting connection very slow it take some time between 2 – 3 hours
    2. And the voice not clears .

• Fa
    fayzul islam Nov 24, 2008

they offer free service to call few countries 1 month (weekly 200 min) but they are give the 1st week give the 200 min and 2nd week also i havec complain then i got it. this is 3rd week i have facing same problem... is this stupid thing or not ? my account is fayzul620051

• Om
    Om Gupta Jun 27, 2015

National Bank of Abu Dhabi is the worst bank in Middle east. Its staff is Arrogant and inhumane.

• Ka
    kakadu0007 Feb 21, 2016

Funny story about Low Rate Voip.
    I stopped using low rate voip service because I found cheaper alternate. My low rate voip account was less than three Euros. I updated low rate voip new version and I was checked to find out low rate voip automatically debited my old credit card without my consent. I checked new version of low rate voip and found out, low rate kep my old confidential credit details without my consent, moreover low rate voip had set up my account for automatic 10 Euros recharge on 17 Feb 2016.
    Messer low rate voip, this is unethical behaviours, such act breaches low rate voip contract terms and conditions and most consumer rights.
    Based on the above fact I will write my complaint to complaint to European Consumer Centres.

• Ra
    rasindia May 01, 2016

I am a customer of Low Rate Voip, delcared rate to India is 0.009 Euro, but their charging 0.016 Euro for each minutes.Really it is a cheat and I advise the customers don't use such a cheating Voip calls.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices