Louis Pools of FriscoI have not received one penny from this man or the company and was totally lied to

L

I was asked to do several graphic design pieces for Louis Pools of Frisco including a logo re-design, Koosie logo design, Yard-sign design and web-banner design. I also was asked to create a Pool Studio backyard pool design. During phone conversations I told Michael I could also help his web site rating by doing search engine optimization. He told me that it would be a great idea. I told him my basic fee was $25 an hour and worked for several days and even weeks on his website optimization.

I sent invoices and still have not received any compensation. I was told my Michael that he could not use the Pool Design I sent to him, only after I completed the work and sent the invoice. I waited three weeks to even get an answer. He never told me there was anything wrong with the design until I asked for payment. He then told be to re-evaulate my fee and send him a bill for what I thought was fair. I sent him an invoice for $150 for the pool design.

I am merely asking for $300 to pay for all my time involved in creating the graphic artwork for Louis Pools of Frisco, including the pool design. I have not received one penny from this man or the company and was totally lied to.

He has since ignored my e-mails and invoices.

• Gr
    greeb Jun 03, 2016

I have personally used Louis Pools of Frisco and I have to say that it was very
    disappointing. Near the end of the project Michael Roeder, Owner, asked me to make final payment to him even though the project was not yet complete - he said that he is right here in
    town and was not going to go anywhere; so against my better judgment I did.
    That was December of 2010 and it is now June 2011 and I am still chasing him
    with items that still need to be completed. If that was not enough, he damaged
    part of my outdoor living area when he was acid washing my bar top, said he
    would take care of the damage - and still not taken care of. All during the process he kept saying "Trust me, if you don't like it I
    will change it out, my goal is your complete satisfaction" when we would
    inquire about something we were not sure of. We went to him on one of the items
    we questioned when it was being installed, shared that we did not like it and
    wanted him to change out - he said that he already had too much $ and time
    invested in the project and shared that he would not do it. I asked him about
    his "Trust me" statement; he said that he was not willing to follow
    through. That step of faith cost me an additional $1, 800 to fix myself. Louis Pools does not return our phone calls and does not respond to our text msgs anymore. I am
    someone who likes a return phone call, believes that communication is important
    and feels that I need to trust people that I am doing business with - none of
    which I feel I have received from Louis Pools of Frisco. My next stop is the BBB and then a few
    additional stops in City of Frisco. Louis Pools of Frisco built an outdoor living room area to
    our home. Contractor asked to be paid balance due prior to completion of work,
    he was paid against my better judgment. Final payment was made to Louis Pools
    of Frisco December 2010 and it is now July 2011 and work is still not
    completed. Work to still be performed or completed is as follows: 1) Install
    plastic electrical cover to existing outlet on patio. Bid to purchase and
    install - $100.00 2) Existing patio floor was not evenly sealed and needs to be
    completed or redone. Patio is 550 sq ft and we have a bid to complete ourselves
    for $1, 650.00, $3.00 a sq ft Items to be reimbursed for:
    1) Contractor damaged "Kegerator Door" (Refrigeration unit for an
    outdoor keg) while acid washing bar top. Contractor said he would replace door
    as damage was due to his negligence. Contractor said replacement door was
    purchased and shipped from manufacturer and he would replace upon arrival.
    Contractor shared that door was purchased in April and it is now July - door
    still not delivered or replaced despite numerous phone calls and text messages
    to contractor (Michael Roeder - Owner Frisco Pools of Frisco). I was told by
    him that the cost of the door was approx. $400.00 2) Throughout the building
    process contractor continued to promise us that he would replace anything that
    he did if we did not like it, he would say "Don't worry about it, if you
    don't like it I will take care of it. My goal is to make you happy!" The
    bar top that the contractor choose to install was "White Limestone"
    which is very porous. We questioned him on this as he was getting ready to
    install. Contractor said not to worry as he was going to put a sealant onto the
    stone, which would not allow staining. He again said not to worry that if we
    did not like it that he would replace it. Well, bar top was installed and
    sealant was applied to the stone and within a week we were noticing stains in
    the stone from contractor tools and drinks. When asked about them he said that
    they would come out with warm water and a brush when applied, they did not come
    out after numerous attempts. He then suggested to use an acid wash. We said
    that we were not comfortable doing that ourselves but suggested for him to do
    it if he wanted to. He agreed and during the process is when he sprayed the
    Kegerator Door with some of the acid wash and damaged it; his attempt to remove
    the stains on the bar top with the acid wash failed. We then shared that we
    wanted him to replace the bar top as he promised during the construction
    process. He said he could not do that as he had too much time and money
    invested into the project already. I asked him what his promises meant to us
    and he could never give me a clear answer. He referred us to another contractor
    who came out and gave us a bid to sand down the bar top which would help remove
    some of the staining and then to stain the bar top with a dark stain and then
    use a proper sealant which would not allow staining going forward. The bid to
    do this came in at $1, 750.00 for which I went back to Louis Pools and asked him
    to pay this instead of replacing the stone on the bar top. He said he would not
    do that. Since Louis Pools of Frisco would not follow through on their verbal
    contract, we hired that contractor and paid for the work performed which did
    cost us an additional $1, 750.00 as stated above.