Loan Zoo.co.ukScam

R

I have had 54.99 taken out of my account today, which was completely unexpected. I have not taken out any loans but was looking on Internet 1 month and a half ago for a loan. Despite being bombarded with calls and emails from various companies, I decided not to have one and work extra shifts instead! Do not go on Internet for loans as there are dozens of companies who will promise you an instant loan, take bank details and just get companies (usually acting under their own umbrella) and then take out a so-called administration fee without you having any idea. It is a dubious practice and I have reported by incident to Action fraud and as one user on this site suggested, written an email to Loan Wizard for a refund, which by law, they must do, if no loan has been taken out. I have also reported it to local MP and complained to Financial Ombudsman as these companies prey on poor and vulnerable.
The address of this company is Beech field House, Winter ton Way, Lime Green, SK11 0LP. I have unearthed several phone numbers: [protected], [protected] and [protected].
Also operating from that address are the following companies: badcarcredit.co.uk, carloan4U, leadgenuk.co.uk, www.scoot.co.uk, www.claims2day.co.uk, moneygaga.co.uk and probably a few more.

• Ae
    AEVANS01 Jun 03, 2014

I had £44.99 taken from my account on 24th March after searching for a loan. I decided not to take the loan out but thought it was my own stupidity for signing up to it that the money was taken. I have just looked at my account and have seen they have taken £4.99 today... what for this time??? Getting on to them straight away!

jodiwakefield Jun 02, 2014

My name is Jodi Wakefield and I have had money taken from my account when I have given no authorization to do. The amount taken is £4.99. I know it isn't a lot but I need this money for bus fare so would like it returned asap

• Ka
    KatieB89 May 20, 2014

A company called loan took £54.99 from my account wihtout permission. I have never applied/had a loan in my life and have no idea where they got my card detaisl from. Can someone please help me with this? I can't afford for that amount of money to come out of my account!

• De
    delboy1 May 08, 2014

loanzoo.co.uk has taken 54.99 pounds from my account i have no idea why and am not sure what they have taken it for but will be calling tomorrow for an explanation

• Ra
    Raquel19 Apr 30, 2014

I have found out that Loan Zoo is operated by Secure My Money. The contact email is [email protected] I have also logged a complaint with the FCA and would encourage everybody else to. This company is registered with them and if enough people complain, they will lose their registration.

Comment Guidelines