Lichi Super FruitThis trial offer is grievously misleading

A

I stumbled upon www.trylichi.com. After reading about the 30-day trial and the customer reviews stating the effectiveness of lichi supplements to jump start a diet plan, I decided to give it a try. The offer on the trylichi website was for $0 plus $5.99 S&H for a 30 day trial. I ordered and received my trial products. I began using them (to not much effect, but that’s not my issue) and two weeks later a charge of $129.99 showed up on my credit card. I immediately called the company and was told that the charge for for my trial product. I argued that the offer was for a trial cost of $0 plus shipping and handling. After much arguing, the agent said she could discount me $20! I finally got an agreement that the charge would be removed from my credit card AFTER I return the unused portion of my trial product (at my own expense, of course). I have yet to see if the company will make good on this. If not, I’ll be posting more here.

This trial offer is grievously misleading. DO NOT be taken in. It is NOT a free 30-day trial. The lichi products may be worthwhile and useful for you, but don’t think you’re getting any kind of a deal!

• mollyemt Jul 20, 2012

straight from their website: terms and conditions:

Trial Product Program Details

In order to activate your trial you will pay shipping and handling fee of $5.99 for a 14 day trial supply of 30 day supply of Lichi Super Fruit 90-Count Dietary Supplement, Lichi Super Probiotic, Lichi Appetite Supressant Chews, Lichi 6-Day Cleanse and Lichi Meal Replacement (Collectively called “Lichi”) to be shipped to your door. This transaxtion will show up on your staement as LICHI 800-443-2130 .You will receive an extra 16 days of product to provide you with enough prior to receiving your following shipment should you decide to continue with the program. We typically ship all orders the day of, or the day after you place your order (except that orders placed Friday-Sunday will be shipped the following Monday). We allow up to 5 days for you to receive your trial supply to give you adequate time to try the product for the full 14 day trial. To be clear we are giving you 14 days to try the product after 5 days of shipping time has elapsed. We consider the end date for your trial period to be 19 days after you place your order, which is 14 days plus 5 days for processing and transit.

You may contact our customer service department to cancel your 14 day trial within [14] days of ordering the product, otherwise you will continue with our Lichi Leisure Ship Plan, which is described below. If you wish to cancel the 14 day trial, you are not required to return any products to the Company.

If you ever have any questions on your trial or the membership program simply call 800-443-2130

Lichi Leisure Ship Plan (DETAILS)

Unless you cancel before the end of your trial period as specified above, you will be charged 129.99 for the 30 day supply of Lichi Super Fruit 90-Count Dietary Supplement, Lichi Super Probiotic, Lichi Appetite Supressant Chews, Lichi 6-Day Cleanse and Lichi Meal Replacement that you have already received for the trial. We will ship your next 30 day supply of Lichi Super Fruit 90-Count Dietary Supplement at the end of your trial period. You will continue to receive a new 30 day supply of Lichi Super Fruit 90-Count Dietary Supplement each and every month as long as you continue your membership in our Lichi Leisure Ship Plan. We will charge your credit card, the same card that you provided to pay for your 14 day trial supply, in the amount of $129.99 (plus tax, if applicable) and $9.99 shipping and handling fee each month when your new Lichi Super Fruit is shipped. Your first payment for Lichi Super Fruit will be charged on approximately the 20th day after your trial purchase. Each subsequent charge will take place 30 days from the previous order date.

If you would like to cancel your membership and stop receiving future shipments, you must call 800-443-2130 least 24 hours prior to the date that your next monthly delivery order is shipped from our warehouse.

Our customer service center is open Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm EST.
    The number again is 800-443-2130

• Ge
    Geoorrggio Aug 06, 2012

My young daughter got duped also and I contacted the Attorney General's office and filed a complaint so let's see how quickly they respond to them.

BrittBerry Blue Aug 22, 2012

I never received my trial box despite a USPS delivery confirmation. I have been charged twice so far and still no product. $268 total. They are now saying that if I return the 2nd package… which also is not here, that I can receive a refund for it only. My bank is saying they can’t do anything. Don’t Try Lichi Super Fruit

BrittBerry Blue Aug 22, 2012

I never received the trial box despite a USPS delivery confirmation. I have been charged twice so far and still no product. $268 total. They are now saying that if I return the 2nd package… which also is not here, that I can receive a refund for it only. My bank is saying they can’t do anything. Don’t Try Lichi Super Fruit

Bainbridge & Knight Laboratories = TRY LICHI SUPER FRUIT
    801 Second Avenue
    New York, NY 10017

Report to the Better Business Bureau at
    They are Bainbridge & Knight Laboratories
    (Try Lichi Super Fruit Free Trial Offer)

• Zh
    ZhengY Oct 15, 2012

Im from indonesia and I cannot complaint the charge of my credit card!
    http://trylichi.com/ is imposter.

DONT TRY LICHI SUPER FRUIT...!!!1

• Am
    Amy 1234 Oct 21, 2012

Please note, their "days" equal calendar days rather than the normal "business days" like any other reputable business actually works on. All they base their argument on are technicalities. Their 14 day trial was billed to me at 1:32 AM on a SUNDAY. Interesting... but then again, I guess business does really still happen on Sundays ---- whether I believe it should or not. I guess we'll see within 3-5 business days as to whether or not the manager who "went against policy", actually gave me a valid transaction ID for the 50% return to my banking account. You can bet I will be watching my bank statement every day for the next 5 days... (if they use the same calendar I do, I won't have to be lodging my own complaint on this site on another Sunday... right?)

• Fa
    falling in debt Jan 22, 2013

i didn't read or check before ordering and when check bank account i was charge 105.00
    then try to email back but the email keep returning that it didnt go through
    call toll free number on site and the number was from a different company
    so i research and found this site and call them but they said their system is down
    can't believe i was charge 105.00 for free trail
    please dont double check before ordering using your credit card
    im still waiting for them to cancel my order

• Ti
    TiffanySellers May 02, 2013

This product is a HUGE scam!! I cancelled my free trail today and I have to send what I haven't taken back. That's not all!! I have to pay extra for tracking on the package or they will charge my credit card $99.99!!! DO NOT fall for this company's scam!!!

Mary*** Jun 20, 2013

Advertisment for Try-Lichi is misleading...my daughter ordered it a month ago..before she even got her trial they charged her account for $99.99...she never even got to try it first...totally a scam. She called to tell them she is sending everything back and wants her account credited...they told her we can only give you back $25, and you can keep the products. Bullsh**.

• Kb
    kb7276 Jul 03, 2013

I canceled my subscription to lichi fruit and sent back my last shipment. I was offered a 50% immediate refund and I would get to keep the product. When I said no I was told it would take 30 days to get my money back. I was also told to get a tracking number so I could make sure it was returned by May 20th. The product was returned by May 18th. I had not received my refund so I just called them. I was told that I would need to give them my taking number in order to get the refund. I was never told this when I canceled my subscription. I no longer have the tracking number and won't get a refund. If you return anything to this company, make sure you keep all records or else you'll get scammed, just like I did.

• Di
    Dipita Aug 15, 2013

There was a add on my facebook home page to try this product for free with a lot of positive reviews. So i gave my card number just for shipping. I received the product, i used it and definitely it doesnt work. And afterwards i have been receiving these products every month and they are charging $99 plus shipping since last 3 months. When i called to cancel the order and return the products they told me their system is down and i have to call back later. I called twice in two different days and they told me the same thing. It wasnt mentioned anywhere that it was an ongoing order and i will recieve a package rvery month even though i never ordered one. I still dont know what to do with all these products. I just want to return them and get my money back but i seriously doubt if thats going to happen this just a huge scam and people are falling for the free trial and losing all these money for something which they dont even want at the first place. NEVER FALL FOR THIS LICHI FRUIT SCAM. IT DOESN'T WORK.

• Df
    DFerg Aug 27, 2013

My daughter fell for their FREE trial and gave them my credit card info. Granted that was my fault HOWEVER, they took an order under her name with my credit card...totally unauthorized by me!! I started on July 18 and I'm still waiting on my refund!!! This company is making money hand over fist just on refunds that they promise and never give!!! HUGE SCAM!!!