John Webster RooflinesCheap materials and poor service

F

We called in John Webster Rooflines to put our lower floor roof and to fix some places on the main house roof. After payment (they requested cash and unfortunately I was not around when they were paid), inspection revealed that the work was done very badly. The materials they used were cheap and not suitable for this kind of a work.

• Je
    JezzaT Jun 02, 2020

Is it possible that he or his 'lads' are working under the name of Ridgeline Roofing .. if so they have just stung me!

Salfent Apr 26, 2020

He came and gave us a quote yesterday - working SURREY Hampshire area. Still as solid Roofs 4 u.

• Ea
    Eaststander Jan 02, 2020

Hello out there, after two years of hell we’ve just had out roof put right after terrible work by John Webster and his scamming family. Please avoid at all costs. We have recently won a CCJ Against Solid Roofs 4U but I’m not holding any hope of getting any of our money back or compensation. Please feel free to contact me on [protected]

Sparky1955 Jan 04, 2020

@Eaststander Hi
    If you want to contact me on [email protected]

Sparky1955 Dec 12, 2019

John Webster and his son James are trading as Solid roofs 4u ltd and are based at York .

• Ri
    rippedoffbyrooflines Feb 17, 2018

Webster took £2500 from us in 2013, for a roof lantern that never appeared, then did the disappearing act. We obtained a CCJ against him which he, of course, refused to acknowledge. We tried to pursue him via Trading Standards and also lodged a complaint with the Intelligence & Enforcement Directorate at Companies House.

It's a real shame to see he's still at it. I had hoped someone would have stopped him by now, or he'd fallen through one of his crappy roofs and had to retire.

The 'limited companies' system pretty much allows this kind of thing to continue. If the claims are 'small' enough, immoral people like Webster will continue to twist the rules and walk away with other peoples money.

This is a man who registered his two children, James Robert Philip Webster and Amanda Caroline Webster, as directors of one of his sham companies when they would have been aged about 7 years old... and this is also a system that allows that to happen without any legal recourse.

• A0
    A0n0o0m Feb 17, 2018

He is currently doing a house in west tanfield. Near Ripon. It's an old station house. He is using cheap materials and bodging the job up there.

Br1964 Feb 17, 2018

@A0n0o0m Thanks for that info. Can I contact you off here please

Br1964 Feb 17, 2018

@Br1964 Hi. My email address is [email protected] If you would be kind enough to email me as Ive tried replying to the last message you sent me. Thank you

• Ry
    Ryk Jan 29, 2018

Don’t want to say much in public but local to York/Harrogate. I can be contacted via [email protected] if anyone would be interested in helping to get a campaign group together with me, so we can go to governing bodies and police collectively? I have an idea as to how we track him down as well. He’s moved all his failed businesses to a postal address in High Wycombe, but isn’t as clever at covering his tracks as he thinks!

• Ry
    Ryk Jan 28, 2018

A retired vulnerable relative of mine has had £8k stolen from him by John Webster. Can we get a group of victims cases together to pursue this man who hides behind setting up and dissolving Limited Companies?

Br1964 Jan 28, 2018

@Ryk That would be a good idea but not everyone will see this post. Sorry to hear this. What area has he struck at again

CC1984 Nov 08, 2017

Hi All,
    I do have an update, sorry for the delay, I am just travelling with work but as long as I can get online tomorrow on the train home I will send some more details about it.
    Hoping it will prove very useful.
    Thanks, good night for now.
    Clare

Br1964 Jan 28, 2018

@CC1984 Hi Clare
    Have you got any more info that would prove useful

Mags111 Nov 08, 2017

Hi, I am currently looking for John Webster. I would be grateful to hear of any recent sitings of him.

Sparky1955 Dec 12, 2019

@Mags111 John Webster and his son James are Trading as Solid roofs 4u ltd and are based at York

CC1984 Aug 29, 2017

Hi there
    Sorry to hear this, seems like this guy is never going to give up his rogue ways.
    We decided not to progress this, but now he is still doing it I wish I had.
    I did manage to find these forums also, that show how bad he is:
    I am going to start to spread the news on Social Media now it has been over a year and it seems he is still at it.
    I still see his adverts in our local "on your doorstep" magazine, so I will share the picture of it and all this info on Social Media and try get it out there to make sure others dont suffer.
    I did also find on a public website the information of what I believe to be his home address - and also on other websites whilst looking at all his dodgy re-names companies that he sometimes goes by the name Reynold, rather than John.
    This is the address: https://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/Search_Results_History.asp?c=2672188&firstname=JOHN&lastname=WEBSTER&region=Yorkshire
    If I were you, I would try take it further, but also appreciate the more you delve into the utter corruptness of this guy with his trading accounts history that it seems to feel like a complete wild goose chase and not worth the hassle.
    Where are you based?

Br1964 Sep 30, 2017

@CC1984 Hi. Sorry just realised u had replied. We are taking this despicable man to court. We are based in North Yorkshire. Can i contact you by email

CC1984 Sep 30, 2017

@Br1964 Hi there.
    Not a problem at all. Of course you can. I am on [email protected]
    I am pleased you are taking it further.
    Feel free to email me.
    Clare

Br1964 Sep 30, 2017

@CC1984 Thanks Clare i will email you

Sparky1955 Dec 07, 2019

@Br1964 Hi,
    Did you have any luck taking this man to court, he did some work for me and of course it leaks and has been deemed unsafe .
    I am wondering if we could do this as a group and it would probably have more standing in court.

CC1984 Jul 05, 2016

Hi there
    I would also suggest that nobody uses Rooflines Franchising Ltd / John Webster at Rooflines - also known as Rooflines Flat Roofs/Lanterns Limited. We paid a deposit in November, paid a bit more in January had half a job done, then another bit and the 2nd bit was absolutely appalling, It has caused damage to the inside of our roof as it was left open with ripped felt and holes whilst we were having a lot of rain throughout the last few months. John stopped answering his mobile, the texts don't delivery, and I even paid a visit to the registered address in Boroughbridge which believe it or not, they don't work from after sending a recorded delivery letter which they never went to collect.
    It appears that John has got his hands in many pies per this link http://www.checkcompany.co.uk/director/856285/MR-JOHN-WEBSTER as he is listed as a contact/director to all these companies. Possibly the dodgiest person I have ever met, yet the most pleasant gentleman when trying to get your business. A complete and utter snake. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
    This is part of a franchise and I fear this one person is going to jeopardise it for everyone else. We are not going to give up on this as we are able to put a claim through our house insurance.
    Sorry to hear this despicable case of a human being has managed to con other people as well. Absolutely appalling.

Br1964 Aug 25, 2017

@CC1984 Hi. We've been had by this snake too. Did you get anywhere with your case against him

SallyE Aug 03, 2014

I am in Oxfordshire and had a roof lantern installed by John Webster and Rooflines. It has since started leaking and he will not answer phonecalls. We have had to pay £1000 to get it properly repaired by someone else. We have sent him recorded letters to which he has never replied. I started a Small Claims Court case but then discovered that he had at least 3 outstanding County Court Judgements against him so there was no point.

• Wa
    water water everywhere Jan 28, 2014

Please will you email me at [email protected] and give me your info. I am trying to stop this man from operating. Fenrir, are you actually in USA?

• Le
    LeakingRoof2 Jul 10, 2013

I had a similar experience. I have put my experience on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLYh_X4tGss

• Le
    Leaking roof Feb 20, 2013

Re: John Webster Rooflines (North England) - I had some flat roofs replaced by this guy too. An absolute appalling job and one leaked badly. Got him to replace it (at cost to me) and it still leaked. Had to get someone else in - who took the entire botched job off and replaced again. Has been OK since. Paid for the same job three times effectively.