J G Auto Transport ServicesScam warning

D

I talked to Mr. G. on Nov. 22, 2011 and he told me he could pick up the vehicle on Nov. 25, 2011. On Nov.22 he sent the agreement stating Nov. 29. I overlooked that he had changed the date in the document. On Nov. 23rd. I discovered the error and called and talked to Jennifer. I was told she was waiting for the carrier to call back and confirm around 6PM and would call me back that evening. I never received a call. On Nov. 25 th I called and emailed Mr. G. and Jennifer.
Finally Mr. G. called me back and said the carrier would not be able to pick up until Nov. 28 or 29th and it would be $800 that he had negotiated that price down from $900 with the carrier. After a long discussion I agreed to split the difference with him and pay $750. He said he would have to call the carrier and would call me back. I said why? After all, this is between you and me. Finally after much discussion I agreed to let him call the carrier.

In the mean time I called other brokers. Mr G. had not contracted another broker at all and never had contracted one. My car was not even on the board for assigned carriers. I finally contracted another broker who cost more, but as I told Mr. G. cost was not the issue, timing and honesty was. Mr G. called me back saying he was waiting for the carrier to call him back. What carrier? He never had contracted one? I told him I would not accept his contract unless he honored his original price of $700 and he said OK, cancel the contract. This was a scam. He never knew he could pick up on Nov. 25th and didn’t have a carrier on contract when he called me back to say he was waiting to discuss this with the carrier. He was searching for another carrier. The price on the board was over his quote and no carrier would take my car unless there were no other jobs left.

He then billed my credit card for a $125 cancellation fee even though he cancelled the contract!

• Gu
    guerra1 Jan 25, 2012

This is Mr. G speaking. We did have a carrier for you however I can not control the price the carriers put on the loads for pick up and the only reason your vehicle was still on the board was because the carrier was not assigned. Had you agreed, it would have been dispatched and off the board. Please speak truth before you smear the company and do some homework on how this business works, We are brokers and we negotiate the best price out there which is based on the truckers request as evidenced by your acknowledgement of the company charging you more for your pick up.

Rickmm Dec 05, 2011

•JG a uto Transport also scammed me. The scam he runs is a low ball scam and the way it works is he will give you a trJG Aansport price hundreds lower than everyone else knowing he can’t get a driver to transport for the price he quotes. This is how he got me, he said he can transport my car from California to Vermont for $925 in which he would charge my credit card $125 when car is picked up, he also knew that I needed my car within 14 days as I was leaving out of State for the winter, what he said was my car would be picked up within 3 days and I would receive my car 5 to 8 days. After 5 days and no pick up I called Mr. Guerra and no answer (he has caller ID), 7 days later I called anonymously and Mr. Guerra answered. He told me he could not find a driver to transport for the price he quoted me and it would cost $200 more. I needed the car delivered soon so I agreed to the extra $. But, a few days later and no pick up so I faxed him, emailed, and called him to tell him I was cancelling. He called back and said I could not cancel the contract for any reason and he charged my credit card $125. After talking to other transport companies I found out there was no way he could transport for $925, in fact the cheapest I found was $1, 350. The scam of getting $125 out of someone doesn't seem like a lot think about this, this guy low balls and gets hundreds of calls a day so he makes thousands a day and it costs him nothing.

Rickmm Dec 05, 2011

JG Auto Transport also scammed me. The scam he runs is a low ball scam and the way it works is he will give you a transport price hundreds lower than everyone else knowing he can not get a driver to transport for the price he quotes.This is how he got me, he said he can transport my car from California to Vermont for $925 in which he would charge my credit card $125 when car is picked up, he also knew that I needed my car with in 14 days as I was leaving out of State for the winter, what he said was my car would be picked up with in 3 days and I would receive my car 5 to 8 days. After 5 days and no pick up I called Mr. Guerra and no answer (he has caller ID), 7 days later I called anonymously and Mr. Guerra answered. He told me he could not find a driver to transport for the price he quoted me and it would cost $200 more. I needed the car delivered soon so I agreed to the extra $. But, a few days later and no pick up so I faxed him, emailed, and called him to tell him I was cancelling. He called back and said I could not cancel the contract for any reason and he charged my credit card $125. After talking to other transport companies I found out there was no way he could transport for $925, in fact the cheapest I found was $1, 350. The scam of getting $125 out of someone doesn't seem like a lot think about this, this guy low balls and gets hundreds of calls a day so he makes thousands a day and it costs him nothing.

This guy got me too

• De
    denjen Dec 05, 2011

I talked to Mr. Guerra on Nov. 22, 2011 and he told me he could pick up the vehicle on Nov. 25, 2011. On Nov.22 he sent the agreement stating Nov. 29. I overlooked that he had changed the date in the document. On Nov. 23rd. I discovered the error and called and talked to Jennifer. I was told she was waiting for the carrier to call back and confirm around 6PM and would call me back that evening. I never received a call. On Nov. 25 th I called and emailed Mr. Guerra and Jennifer.

Finally Mr. Guerra called me back and said the carrier would not be able to pick up until Nov. 28 or 29th and it would be $800 that he had negotiated that price down from $900 with the carrier. After a long discussion I agreed to split the difference with him and pay $750. He said he would have to call the carrier and would call me back. I said why? After all, this is between you and me. Finally after much discussion I agreed to let him call the carrier.

In the mean time I called other brokers. Mr Guerra had not contracted another broker at all and never had contracted one. My car was not even on the board for assigned carriers. I finally contracted another broker who cost more, but as I told Mr. Guerra cost was not the issue, timing and honesty was. Mr Guerra called me back saying he was waiting for the carrier to call him back. What carrier? He never had contracted one? I told him I would not accept his contract unless he honored his original price of $700 and he said OK, cancel the contract. This was a scam. He never knew he could pick up on Nov. 25th and didn’t have a carrier on contract when he called me back to say he was waiting to discuss this with the carrier. He was searching for another carrier. The price on the board was over his quote and no carrier would take my car unless there were no other jobs left.

Check www.transportreviews.com for another similar complaint