Ideal Properties GroupThe bottom line is this broker will not care about clients

T

I contacted one of the agents and he showed the place I was interested in. My husband also went to see the place separately and we decided to take it. The problem was the landlord was not interested in a bigger dog and I explained to the agent that we have a medium size dog who is 12 years old and NEVER barks and she sleeps all day. The agent called the landlord and the landlord decided to check our application to make decision. The agent asked us to pay $120 credit score fee on the day. (which doesn't cost that much usually...found out from a different broker) and we went home to collect all the financial info and sent it that night via e-mail. The next day, the agent called me and he said the landlord CHANGED HER MIND (yes, BEFORE she even looked at our application) and she decided not to take ANY dogs. So, we wanted to get our credit score fee back since the agent didn't use it and won't need it (actually, he didn't even send the application to the landlord) anymore. The result was...the agent kept saying that he did the great job and there's no way to return the fee to us... Wait a minute, so, if the landlord "changes her mind", is it the client's fault...? Absolutely NO!!! Where did the fee go? Did he actually check our credit score? We even called his manager to show our disappointment but the manager's reaction was just the same as the agent. My husband called the manager today again, but the manager's reaction was really nasty and not professional at all. My husband was so upset and angry at the manager's reaction which should NOT be done to ANY clients. The bottom line is this broker will NOT care about clients. They care about their own profits and the worst thing is they blame their clients. We need our fee back immediately.

• Pa
    Park Slopian Jan 04, 2012

This is an old complaint, only reposted.