HouseOfRave.comNo customer contact, did not sent merchandise

I made a purchase from HouseofRave.com on July 25th, and immediately canceled the order on July 26th when i saw that i was about to go over my budget. I emailed HouseofRave at their mail address, [protected]@houseofrave.com, 3 times. I also called their main telephone number, [protected], 4 times. I have received any response back about the cancellation, but i also never received any contact from House of Rave about my order status, and they never sent me the items.

I looked at my bank account summary and called the number listed under HouseofRave, which is [protected]. That is a residential telephone, with a voicemail greeting that says that you have reached [such-and-such] family.

I finally called my bank and filed a dispute, so hopefully i can have the charge removed from my account. Despicable actions (or lack thereof) by HouseofRave.com

ChasDen Jul 06, 2013

No responce from Jason Holmes after I presented the facts. I guess he needs more time to think up some new lies.

• Mu
    musikali Jan 04, 2012

House of Rave took my money and never sent the merchandise. I called four times and e-mailed twice. I never heard back from them. UPS tracking number is bogus. So is the company. I call Jason Holmes a thief.

ChasDen Mar 15, 2010

Want the facts? My order number is 23295. You would also need my zip code to look up the order for yourself, and even though my address has changed since then, my phone number hasn't, so i won't post it here. But look at this:

History
    Jul 25, 2009 10:53PM: Order Received
    Jul 31, 2009 6:47PM: Shipped via UPS

Comments
    Aug 5, 2009 6:14PM
    1Z289YW00372699785

And what is the date of my complaint again? Oh yeah...JULY 30TH!!!

So House Of Rave is LYING when they say they sent out my order "immediately". If you really want the proof, check that UPS tracking number. The shipping date is not there, but the delivery date is...it was delivered on August 12th...13 days after my complaint! 17 DAYS AFTER MY ORDER!!!

We await your response, HouseofRave! What can you tell us this time? =D

ChasDen Mar 15, 2010

Funny how the counter response conveniently ignored every part of my complaint that was relevant:

"I emailed HouseofRave at their mail address, [email protected], 3 times."

"I also called their main telephone number, [protected], 4 times."

If HouseOfRave actually picked up their phones and answered their emails, i would not have had to call the number "prominently displayed" on my bank statement.

One more thing they forgot to mention: I ordered on the evening of July 25th, 2009. THAT IS A SATURDAY. There is no way they could have sent the order out "immediately" since UPS does not pick up on Sundays (certainly not on Saturday nights at 10PM/7PM Pacific!). The confirmation email for my order arrived at 10:53PM Saturday night, so clearly i ordered the item sometime around 10:45PM/7:45PM Pacific. I sent emails and called on Saturday night and Sunday morning (not to mention the following Monday). To think they would send the order out without seeing these messages is ridiculous.

Furthermore, my complaint was filed on a Wednesday. You mean to tell me HouseOfRave had time to send out my order (on Saturday night apparently -_-), but no time to see/hear any of my messages? The order arrived about two weeks after my complaint. Since i live in New Jersey, this suggests that the order was not sent out as of my writing (UPS shipping from CA to NJ will take a maximum of 5 business days).

Nice try House of Rave, but you are not weaseling out of this one.

P.S.: Nice work finding this, and responding 8 months later! This is the second time i have ever had a response from you guys!

jasonholmes Aug 02, 2009

Customer placed order, order was sent out immediately, then next day customer called to cancel, however order had already gone out.

Customer called only the number listed on the bank statement (owners phone number), not the customer service line (which is VERY prominently displayed on every page on the website on the top-left corner).

Customer disputed a transaction which was already sent. Counter-dispute will be filed. Had customer simply contacted us before filing dispute we could have told him to refuse the package. It would have come back to us and a refund would have been issued.

Sorry the customer felt this way, but request was unreasonable.

Sincerely,
    Jason Holmes - HouseOfRave Management

ChasDen Jul 30, 2009

I keep attaching a photo showing the email communications with no replies, but it's not showing up. Ah well...

• Na

1 16.50 16.50
    Product Total 16.50
    Tax 0.00
    Shipping 18.99

I even paid extra money so it would get here earlier and i still haven't received my order and today is the 30th!!! I have tried calling and emailing the company every day since the 15th, MORE THAN ONCE A DAY.