Hinckley Dodge - Ogden, UTI got screwed!

T

Hinckley Dodge Inc
www.hinckleydodge.com
2810 Washington Blvd
Ogden, UT 84401
[protected]

To whom it may concern,

On August 8, 2007 I brought my vehicle in for a check up because it had a slight leak coming from underneath the driver side... I brought it in at 8:30 A.M. in hopes that having it there as early as possible would increase my chances of getting my car back in time to be at school the following day.

When I arrived at Hinckley Dodge in Ogden Utah, they told me that it may just be a small transmission leak that is easily fixable. I asked once again if everything for my car would be covered under warranty; do to the fact that I had only purchased my vehicle 10 months ago and it came with a full warranty. They told me that my car was completely covered and they would call me when they found the exact problem.

I FINALLY received a call at nearly 4:00p.m. (1 hour before they were closing) with a man telling me that somehow something had damaged the seal on my transmission, that it would NOT be covered under warranty because it was damaged... not a warranty defect... I was furious!!! why in the world did I purchase this new vehicle if something as small as a seal cant be covered under warranty. I mean I spent Thousands of dollars on this vehicle and the first time something goes wrong(in the first year) I get nothing. I bought this vehicle because it had a great warranty and I'm very unsatisfied with having to pay for a damaged seal, I dont understand this, if you cant even cover a seal when broken, whats next. I'm wondering if I made a mistake in buying this vehicle.

I barely drive my 2005 Dodge Neon. I work and have school all within 5 miles of my home and how a seal would have gotten damaged is beyond me, but for as much money as I've spent on this car, I'm very unhappy that just because it wasnt a "manufactures defect" I got screwed! If you dont cover little things like seal's breaking, then what do you cover?! I would really appreciate someone getting back to me. I'm just very upset that I had to pay $137.67 out of my own pocket which is money I dont have as a student; which then brings me back to the whole reason we purchased a car with a warranty... so we would have NO WORRIES!!!

Traci Russo