Griggs & AssociatesUnauthorized debits

L

This company Griggs and Associates, a debt collection company, took an unauthorized debit payment from by checking account. I gave them clearance to take a one time debit. A week later I checked my account to see that they took another payment without my clearance and authorization. The amount of this second payment they took without clearance was a substantial large amount. I am reporting them as well as disputing this payment with my bank. If you have had bad expeririences with this debt collection company, report them. I will be pursuing legal matters as this is very illegal and an unethical practice. Contacted my bank and put them on alert and will be contacting Griggs when they open Monday morning. They will not get this payment cleared!!

• Bo
    bobs52 Mar 26, 2013

and by the way i showed them proof and still they threaten me unless I pay them i payed another debt collection place

• Bo
    bobs52 Mar 26, 2013

I paid a debt in 2010 and still they threaten me with bank fraud charges and the bank sold the account in 2007 the account was closed in 2005 i even have proof of the debt being paid

• Co
    Colorado mama May 02, 2012

For all that are reading these posts and having issues with these scam artist bullies, I was advised by my Attorney General today to file a complaint with the FTC, which I have done. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

• Co
    concerned57078 Aug 20, 2010

Griggs & Associates claim to be an investigator and told me that i need to make a payment so I did And I have adviced them that I only live on $200 a month and so i could not afford very much . I also advised them I wanted a reciept with a confirmation # and have yet recieved one it has been a week and 1/2 now.. hmmmm

• Es
    esko May 13, 2010

Griggs & Associates attempted to take an unathorized payment from my checking account. I alerted the bank to stop payment and cancel my card. I attempted to contact Ggiggs & Associates who would not return my messages. I filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office and my bank, who are now investigating this matter.Griggs & Associates refuse to fax or email proof that the debt is mine. The company they claim the debt is owed to could not be located.